Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 118 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:47 PM | Locked

Quiltless:
PREDICTION:  Spring weather will begin on Tuesday, April 22nd at 6:10 a.m..  No more snow after that time.

I hope you're right, but I believe we have snow in the forecast again later in the week.  If we're lucky, it will be too warm and come down as rain.  How's your back today?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:48 PM | Locked

Leslie :
I traded my Janome 7700 for the 8900.

Color me jealous, Leslie!  Have fun with your new baby!  Hey, you can test it out on MQ8!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:50 PM | Locked

Marie:
I was thinking, after looking at it all afternoon, that maybe a neutral beige sashing with black cornerstones.

Is there a neutral shade somewhere else in the quilt that you would be picking up?  I don't think I'd introduce a new color.  I'm liking the idea of a black sashing - narrow - with or without corner stones.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 9:51 PM | Locked

Patti:
If you change needle position, or do a decorative stitch, or zigzag, with the straight stitch plate, you may damage your machine, or at the least break a needle.

...spoken from experience, I'm guessing.  I'm sure we've all done it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

Yup, Nancy...the snow just here so I don't doubt you'll be getting it in a day or so. It smells like spring snow - clean and fresh. Still, I apologize for sending it on.

My back seems to be mending. Still have some muscle soreness but the pinch is gone.

I took DD shopping today. She had an urge to spend her paycheck. She got a darling silk skirt and knit blouse ar the consignment shop, then we went over to the thrift store  and she scored perfectly beautiful formal gown for ... $3.  It's a midnight  blue A-line with a light sprinkling of beads and sequins. It really suits her! Some of the beads are loose and others have been pulled off but it'll be easy to restore. For that matter, we can change the whole look  just by changing out a few of the beads. Prom is past for this year, so we have months to decide hoew to proceed. I laughed at the lady at the counter today. She said they had it in the window all through Feb and March but no one came in to buy it. Well ...DUH! What teenager is gonna be caught dead in a dress that everyone has seen at the thrift shop?? By next year no one will remember it if they even saw it...   And Besides, DD makes it look GOOD. It hardly looks the same as when it was displayed on the hanger. My magic needle will make it brand new!   LOL

I didn't spend much on myself. I got a box of random cut glass salad/dessert plates for a couple bucks. Think there are 6 salads and 5 desserts. None of them match anything. Whatever. They are pretty, and if the kids break em I am not out anything. LOL They'll feel special eating off such fancy dishes. I also found a little relish dish that matches on my MiL gave me ages ago, so she'll feel very pampered when I serve up a buffet for the holidays. LOL  All in all it was a good day out with DD.

When we got home, I snuck off to the shop and taught myself to make custome glass push-pins. A fun little endevor that will jazz up the 'office.'. LOL I also made a litte snow owl bead. I goofed and grabbed the red transparent instead of the orange so this birdy has really dramatic eyes... :D  'Still, it was nice to fiddle with color for a bit. I feel  more 'me' ...I guess I needed that afte all week with the contractors underfoot. Maybe by Mon I can sit and stitch a bit and get myself all gathered up again before I have to face life again.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Apr 20 2013 11:21 PM | Locked

Congratulations, Leslie!  What does this new one do that the 7700 doesn't??

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 6:33 AM | Locked

Thanks Nancy, as a matter of fact i have been working on the mq8 since i got it lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 6:41 AM | Locked

Quiltless and Debbie,   the 7700 had a few design flaws,they fixed those i now have 2 throat plates one for regular sewing and one for fmq no screws to take out just a button and they pop off, the design stitches are now 9mm instead of 7 the accustitch system was redesigned i now have a button for fav stitch.  

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:37 AM | Locked

Congratulations, Leslie.  I feel like a dinosaur, ( now, no comments from the peanut section about looking like one, too), my machine is 15 years old, and I am looking for another one just like it, cheap.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:47 AM | Locked

Gini, One you are not a dinosaur, my first machine is over 30 years old...and I only feel old when my children think it is funny to remind me. But pay back is a *** haha. So back to subject, what type of machine do you have that you are looking to replace. I have 5  and I am looking to get rid of 3 of them. 2 have only been used a few times once I fell in love with the main two I use now.  I will work with you on price if I have the one you want.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:50 AM | Locked

Thanks Gini,  i told my dealer, this was the last one, he just laughed at me

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:53 AM | Locked

That is because Leslie he knows that a quilter will always be back. LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:55 AM | Locked

Leslie, I looked your town up on the map, you are about 3 hours from me, one day we should get together and do some quilting. I am by Jefferson City.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:04 AM | Locked

Husqvarna designer 1 with low hours

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 423
Points 6,765
Julienne replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:17 AM | Locked

I do not have that model , but I do know someone that does. She is not using it anymore. I will check and see how long she had it, what she used it for and how much she wants for it. She really only used it for mending clothes. She bought it thinking she would get into the quilting craze but never did. Let me get back to you. I will call her when she get home from church.

Page 118 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 116 117 118 119 120 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use