Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 114 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 112 113 114 115 116 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,798
Points 67,525
Bonita replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:54 PM | Locked

Best of luck on the diet changes Nana.  Glad to hear Lewis is doing better and at home.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,827
Points 39,915
ls2116 replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 7:04 PM | Locked

Been working on step 3 mq8, and putting together a family party for this wkend some say its to soon to try to have fun after FIL passing but i think he would rather see us celebrating life and having a good time rather than being depressed and letting life pass us by.  As it is it goes by way too fast.

Nana sorry to hear about your DH.  I hope his recovery goes smooth.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:18 PM | Locked

Diana, I like your idea of sending MQ8 to Nana to finish. Do you think we could get by with that?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:35 PM | Locked

Nana, I hope it isn't too difficult changing your hubby's diet. I went shopping with my DDIL and DGD today for swimsuits for our upcoming Florida trip next week and it was brought home quickly how much I need to lose weight. So we were in the drive up lane at DQ waiting for our ice cream and I said " I wonder how much weight I can lose in a week"? And then we all burst out laughing. I guess the answer is none.

Diana, praying for a good outlook for your hubby's surgery. 

IS, Ithink it is a great idea for you and family to get together and enjoy life. After my husband died I don't know what I would have done if my family hadn't rallied around and got together frequently. It saved my sanity.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,827
Points 39,915
ls2116 replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

Thanks Elaine you gave me the support that I"m doing the right thing.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:45 PM | Locked

The LQS came thru for us. They have had sit'n sew quilting every Thursday for 2 months and we now have 50 completed quilts for maddie's quilt drive for tornado victims in Adairsville, GA. Big day for Quilted Hugs from Maddie. We have more quilts in many stages but the 50 are ready.  She is interested in seeing about kids in homeless shelters. She saw it on disney tv about kids volunteering!

Maddie was so thrilled all these woman came and made quilts for her. I know have 2 weeks to get labels done on all of them.

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:46 PM | Locked

I agree, after my husband died (long, long time ago and I have remarried) I found the pain was less when I was with others.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:50 PM | Locked

I loaded a large wallie on the frame and began quilting it.  Finally got the last of it done and when I took it off I notice the last 9 inches were bad, seems somewhere in that space the tension got off so now I am frogging and will try to reload it and requilt that part tonight.  I thought I was beginning to make progress on my UFO's, but now I'm not sure.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

This winter in Minnesota has been such a long drawn-out affair, that I wasn't surprised to find a Facebook page in honor of it...  called "Meanwhile in Minnesota.

Here's one of their pics -

We've received at least six inches of new snow today, and it's still coming down heavily.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:48 AM | Locked

Marie:
I think it's safer when paying with paypal so I'll be doing that from now on.

I used to think so until a few things I paid for through Paypal never arrived. When I checked into it Paypal had four bogus addresses associated with my account. When I notified them and tried to get an explanation they ignored my inquiries. That, to me, is a deal breaker.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 12:55 AM | Locked

Nana:
It has been a bit hectic at my house for the last week.   DH had a heart attack with congestive heart failure this past friday.   He had a stent placed on Saturday.   They also found that he had had a previous heart attack which damaged the back wall of the heart.   They opted not to try to stent the artery that fed this part of the heart.   He had 2 arteries completely blocked and 2 more smaller ones 60% blocked.   They are managing the smaller ones with meds.   He is home now and driving me crazy.   He is wanting to do things he shouldn't be doing yet.   It has been really hard trying to learn to cook without salt and fat.....LOL>

Praying for you both Nana.

Diana:
Good Morning everyone.    I'll be taking DH to VA hospital for pre-op.  He'll have surgery next Wed.  Hope everything comes out well.

Praying for you and yours as well Diana.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 1:01 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
We've received at least six inches of new snow today, and it's still coming down heavily.

I'm so glad it there and not here. We're still really cold (below freezing at night) and windy though. We lost electricity last night for a couple hours.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:28 AM | Locked

Kris, where do you live to get 6 inches of snow....Alaska? It is rumored that Ohio is going to get some snow this weekend. We actually reached 80 yesterday but  today is only going to be in the mid 60s. At least I got some debries cleaned up in the garden yesterday.

Today is phys. therapy day. My feet/legs are so badly swollen and it's so painful to walk.I'd rather stay home and elevate my legs. Monday I have to go to the primary doctor to get a script for a full body brace, then go get measured since I finally found someone who carries them. It's taken all week to find someone and after calling all over the country, the company that carries them is right around the corner from where I live. Go figure! Oh then is my massage therapist this afternoon. By then I'll be ready for a nap. Doesn't look like much sewing done today..

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 7:01 AM | Locked

Nancy, it appears that the snow goes around us , to the north and east.  We get the bad winds the light flurries and the constant clouds.  I guess they want me to sew...hehehe.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 19 2013 7:31 AM | Locked

Nancy, love the photo,   I am so sorry to hear you are still getting snow :)

[Ava, Missouri

Page 114 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 112 113 114 115 116 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use