Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 113 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 9:53 PM | Locked

Patti:
I am in the process of designing a wall hanging, of an American Kestrel, with a horizon behind it.

OOH Patti, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Kestrels are so striking. We had a nesting pair across the street from our old home. They sure are noisy! LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 559
Points 8,820
Joyce replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 2:39 AM | Locked

Mimi & Max both your flowers are beautiful.  I don't have anything blooming yet but weeds.  DH has put down lime and then weed & feed and today grass seed before it rained.  Still waiting on the rain. ha  We have lots of work to do on the flowers this year.  Thanks for the pics  Joni I like your new shoes & painted toes.  My DGD would love the green.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,497
Points 30,470
Diana replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:51 AM | Locked

Good Morning everyone.    I'll be taking DH to VA hospital for pre-op.  He'll have surgery next Wed.  Hope everything comes out well.  But then, we will have lunch at Five Guys.  We don't have them very often since we don't have one locally.  It's a 75 mile trip each way to Johnson City, Tn. so it's not somewhere we can just go to at a whim.   He only has to go there about 3 or 4 times a year, so he's not overdoing it.  It's nice to have a VA clinic here in town so for blood work, regular dr. visits are close-by.  Hope to see about doing step 3 of MQ 8.  It's been a long and frustrating time but I'll get it done or send it to Nana to finish...lol  

Everyone have a great day.

Diana in East Tn.  

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:26 AM | Locked

Thanks I will do that. I have some around the house for other things..ie the computer and such but I did not think about one for the machine. I just always leave them off.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 8:29 AM | Locked

Diana, Hope everything turns out fine. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,929
gini replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 9:44 AM | Locked

diana, best wishes to you and  DH.

that's good to know thast nana will finish our quilts.   do we need to have it cut out first, or can i just send the material and say, "here you go"?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 9:57 AM | Locked

I think this morning I may go uncover the old frame and mid-arm and actually begin quilting one of the myriad tops that are waiting to be quilted.  It's still covered with everything I had to move off of the dining table at Easter...hopefully I can find a spot to put all of that fabric.  It would sure be nice to actually finish a UFO.  My DH just asked me yesterday if I ever plan to actually finish one of my quilts.

But then the weather looks oh so nice out there this morning...no wind and not a cloud in the sky, I just might have to go out and pull some weeds and get the garden ready for planting.  My DGS2 asked me if gardening was one of my hobbies and I just laughed.  I guess he thought all of those weeds were flowers, LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:34 AM | Locked

There is no way that I can go back and catch up on everything.   The flower pics are beautiful.  Leslie I love the hair cut.   Sorry so many are still having winter.   We kind of jumped from winter to summer.  Most days it is in the 80s even had a couple of 90s.  The grass is growing like crazy and all the trees are leafing out.   Lots of flowers and pollen.

It has been a bit hectic at my house for the last week.   DH had a heart attack with congestive heart failure this past friday.   He had a stent placed on Saturday.   They also found that he had had a previous heart attack which damaged the back wall of the heart.   They opted not to try to stent the artery that fed this part of the heart.   He had 2 arteries completely blocked and 2 more smaller ones 60% blocked.   They are managing the smaller ones with meds.   He is home now and driving me crazy.   He is wanting to do things he shouldn't be doing yet.   It has been really hard trying to learn to cook without salt and fat.....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:07 AM | Locked

nana, thoughts and prayers coming your way.  Men can be the worst patients of all - they either won't do anything or try and do too much.  My empathy is with you.  I wish you good luck on your change in diet.  I have never cooked or used salt much so it isn't something I have a problem with - just everything else - especially lately chocolate... but I wish you lots of luck!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:16 AM | Locked

Wishing you luck with the diet changes, Nana.  That's something we should do, too, along with quitting smoking.  All of these bad habits are just so darned hard to change.  I guess I'm just a weakling when it comes to some things.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:16 AM | Locked

Hugs and prayers, Nana. I hope your Dh makes a good recovery.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 11:27 AM | Locked

It's another bright and beautiful morning.

I have a full crew of contractors underfoot today.  They are working in the bathroom today, so I am sitting with my legs crossed. Jenni doesn't  seem to know what to think of all the comings and goings, but I've noticed a definate lack of springiness from her, so I persume she doesn't much care for most of the men. I tend to trust her judgement.

I succeeded in getting the new wally about 1/2 quilted yesterday. I'm hoping to finish it up this afternoon and move on to the binding. Hoping... Sprout willing.

I turned the kids loose in the crafts section of the thrift store the other day. They found 'stamps' that they had to have, and I confess, I barely glanced at their little handfuls of treasures at the time. (For a dime apiece I figured whatever they had was worth it in their pleasure alone). When we got home and I started ptting them away, I discovered that 2 of the stamps were actually ceramic cookie presses. One was brand new and had the manufacturer info on it, so I checked out their web page in hopes of finding a recipe and guide-lines for using them. I confess, I am enthralled with them. They have some great quilt themed presses! Check it out! http://www.cookiestamp.com/designs_by_category  Can't you just see mounds of sweet little quilty short breads at the next retreat?  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 4:13 PM | Locked

Nana, keeping you and hubby in my prayers.  Change is so difficult.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:43 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana.   Salt is my weakness also but i have found that mrs dash makes some great seasoning blends with no salt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,682
Points 65,880
Bonita replied on Thu, Apr 18 2013 5:51 PM | Locked

Keeping good thoughts for your DH, Diana.  Enjoy your burgers too.

Page 113 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 111 112 113 114 115 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use