Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 107 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 105 106 107 108 109 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 482
Points 9,060
Darlene replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:04 AM | Locked

Oh Kris

Not that white stuff again. We had such an ice storm Thursday night and haven't had power since 7 Friday morning.I don't need that coming our way.

No power becomes very depressing I haven't been able to look at my machine all weekend and not looking good for today either boo-hoo.

Gas stations are making a killing as generators are running non-stop everywhere.Have to get computer and wireless un plugged to plug something else in .

Hope everyone is well

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,502
Points 50,685
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 8:16 AM | Locked

Darlene, that sounds terrible -to be without power that long.  Well, at least you have a generator for back-up.  I don't even have that as I have no place to store it when not in use.   No garage-just a carport.     Hope you get power back before you expect it.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

Gini's snow has worked it's way over the mountain. It arrived in the wee smallies here. I'll be passing it on to Angele just as soon as I can! Dh commented that this would have been purty back in Dec, but in April it just looks yucky.

'Gonna havve a 'quiet' day at home with the kids today I think. How quiet it'll actually be is a matter of question, but...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

There's more coming your way, CC.   It's still snowing here.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:51 AM | Locked

You all must be getting the snow we had in Nevada earlier this week...it was followed two days later by a rain storm the likes of which we seldom get.  Then the last 2 days we have had wind but very warm temps but now they are promising us more wind, rain and possible snow.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 2:19 PM | Locked

gini:

There's more coming your way, CC.   It's still snowing here.

Ack!!  What did I do to deserve that?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:07 PM | Locked

Went to breakfast with the neighbors and since it is such a beautiful day here in Nevada, no wind, rain or snow, I decided to pull a few weeds in the garden.  That didn't last too long as my back is not up to it right now, so I am back inside sewing on the Log Cabin Quilt.  Thankfully, after several false starts with the blocks not being the same size, things are finally coming together right and I just might get the blocks all pieced today, if I have enough fabric.  Some of the blocks might be a little different because I think I'm going to run out of the darkest grays, even though I bought another fat quarter pack yesterday at the LQS.  I would have just bought some yardage of the darkest grays, but she only had the bundles and I don't want to wait for it to arrive in the mail if I order it online.  

I'm sure the TaeKwanDo instructor won't mind as he always comments on my quilts as I often work on the binding while the boys are in class.  Makes better use of that 1-1/2 hours I have to spend there.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:13 PM | Locked

Yesterday was sandals and shorts weather in south Texas.  Today too actually!  Sure wish we could send some of it your way up north.  Maybe we could swap you for some rain!  The Bluebonnet Shop Hop is this weekend and yesterday I had the privilege of meeting up with Beve99 and Michelle for coffee at 8:30 then explored 6 shops from New Braunfels to Dripping Springs to Austin.  PennyWyo came with us virtually through text messaging.  When I sent her this picture of Bev and Michelle she told me it was way too cold for no jackets and bare toes!

I'm guessing she's in the snow with the rest of the northern part of the country.  Michelle will have to tell me how many miles we drove but we were at it from shortly after 9 am till we got back to the cars at about 8 pm!  We all came away with just what we were looking for (and then some).  Bev has radar-like qualities when it comes to shopping.  It seemed like we'd barely been in the store and she'd already have her fabric cut and paid for!  Me?  I had to touch everything and walk around each store three times to be sure I didn't miss something.  There were a few things that jumped into my arms and begged me to take them home but I think Michelle had more of that going on than I did.  She has made several cuts of fabric very happy.  :)  Ladies, I'm so glad we got to share the day and I hope we can do more quilty things together soon!    Penny, I know you have some quilts that need to come to San Antonio... I think you should deliver them personally and get to meet the gals!!  :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,502
Points 50,685
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:25 PM | Locked

Just to let you know, Debbie-do,  I am jealous!  2 new friends to get to go shop hopping with all day, It just doesn't get any better than that.   Great picture- wish it was that warm here in Michigan.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:25 PM | Locked

Karla:

You all must be getting the snow we had in Nevada earlier this week...it was followed two days later by a rain storm the likes of which we seldom get.  Then the last 2 days we have had wind but very warm temps but now they are promising us more wind, rain and possible snow.

Our snow comes from SeattleSeattle

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 3:32 PM | Locked

Our storms normally come across the Sierras from California, but they inevitably head North and East from here...we occasionally have one come down from the North and they are usually a whole lot colder.  But, I was thinking that the storms we had last week were the ones heading through Utah and Wyoming and on to the Midwest.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 4:44 PM | Locked

Debbie, you all were together for 11 hours and all we get is one picture??!!  I guess you were just too busy fondling and purchasing fabric.  I'm glad you had a good time and made some new quilty friends.  How fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 4:46 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I'll be passing it on to Angele just as soon as I can!

Aaack, CC, you missed!  Sheets of snow are blowing in at us at this moment.  Not sure how long it will last, but more is predicted for Wednesday.  There is no humor in this never-ending winter any longer!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 5:18 PM | Locked

Gini

Thank you for that lovely compliment.

Today has been another non stop day. we didn't wake up until 10.30am. I then went to the supermarket, cooked lunch. Then we drove to collect our godson and DH Dad who live 45 mins drive away and then off to rugby to watch our team. Luckily we won! Dropped little one off then went to see MIL for a couple of hours. 45 mins drive home and then I had to cook dinner. Which we ate just after 9pm. Far too late. So now I am off to bed. work tomorrow then beautician ( well need all the help I can get) then tea with Karen and her family followed by rehearsal then eventually get home usually by 10.45 pm. ( I leave for work about 7am ).

Hope Is was ok today.

Love and hugs to you all xxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 6:38 PM | Locked

Debbie I like your sewing room. I know I need to change things around, but I still haven't figured out how I want to do it. You have your own piece of paradise! I'm kinda jealous! ;-)

Angèle  from NWO

Page 107 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 105 106 107 108 109 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use