Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 106 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 6:35 PM | Locked

Lesley, love your pictures.

It will be hard to let him go. However, he has spent most of his time on the phone with his partner.  Though, since he is now to be classified as male on all legal document,s he and Ami can legally marry. She had to stay home for work. 

Our problem is, we can't afford to fly down, as we would have to have someone in to stay with our critters. We are not comfortable with that. We could not afford to have them boarded ( one dog and three cats). And, Jim can no longer drive 10 hours one way, nor can I. So, unless he can get time off, this is as it is to be. He is a cook, and the company does not give paid vacation. He was off because of his recent surgery.Perhaps if we all work to save enough for them to pay their bills and for their travel, they will come back. However, if either of us got into a medical emergency, he would get here by hook or by crook. Of that, there is no doubt.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 6:35 PM | Locked

Lesley, love your pictures.

It will be hard to let him go. However, he has spent most of his time on the phone with his partner.  Though, since he is now to be classified as male on all legal document,s he and Ami can legally marry. She had to stay home for work. 

Our problem is, we can't afford to fly down, as we would have to have someone in to stay with our critters. We are not comfortable with that. We could not afford to have them boarded ( one dog and three cats). And, Jim can no longer drive 10 hours one way, nor can I. So, unless he can get time off, this is as it is to be. He is a cook, and the company does not give paid vacation. He was off because of his recent surgery.Perhaps if we all work to save enough for them to pay their bills and for their travel, they will come back. However, if either of us got into a medical emergency, he would get here by hook or by crook. Of that, there is no doubt.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:21 PM | Locked

Another long day in the car. We took the kids to the rock and mineral show. 'Didn't see anything we couldn't get from a rock shop near here, but we had a good time. They had kids activities with prizes. The boys picked garnets, did a ball toss and each bought a grab bag. They went through the dark tent and saw all the phosphoresent stones, which they thought was super cool. (We'll look at thier grab bag goodies under a black light later and see if they got anythign that glows.) DD and I purused the jewelry and bought some semi precious stone beads -- I got the cutest littl bitty garnets that I can hardly wait to turn into ear-rings! She got a mixed string with everythign from Jasper to quartz... I have a feeling i'll be mooching from her regularly. LOL Sprout charmed everyone.   And now he is racing around here as fast as those chubby little legs will go, celebrating being free of the car-seat and stroller!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,814
gini replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:26 PM | Locked

View from the top.  The sun is shining on the middle of the Selkirk mts.  The top of the mts. are behind the upper clouds, and are Across from Schweitzer Basin,  you can see part of our lake.   It has been a blizzard up here all day, Sam is still smiling from ear to ear after a super powder day.   The wind is still whipping up, but the snow has died down.    We are having dinner on the mountain with our family.  Both girls and SIL' s are here.  We have all been saying hi to the new granddaughter.  She is still incubating, but I think she can hear us now.  

Our Seattle SIL just spent the past three days on a bicycle from Seattle to sandpoint.  300 miles.    He had a blizzard with a headwind all of his ride today.   Our other daughter waited an extra hour to pick him up in coeur d Alene. And give him a ride the last 60 miles.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 621
Points 10,720
zoetc49 replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:26 PM | Locked

Gigi,

It is so pretty there !!! but I will take the sun shine we are having anyday! Got sunburn yesterday- Ooch!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:32 PM | Locked

Kris:
It love my new chicken friend. I needed a bit of cheer today.

I'm glad the chicken found its way to your coop!  I had to laugh because at first glance I thought you said you liked fried chicken.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:05 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I'm sorry to hear thatNan is I'll. I will add her to my prayers. May she be on the road to recovery soon.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Sat, Apr 13 2013 11:19 PM | Locked

today, I got alot done - rearranged my sewing room, got Directv installed in it and sewed up all the DLD and 2" squares.  working now on the HSTs and man, are they alot of them.  have 80 done completely - sewed, split, ironed and squared up.  here are pictures of my sewing room, now.  not a huge rm - about 10'x12' but enough room for a 6' cutting table, shelving, design wall and space for my laptop.  and my ironing board can remain up all the time.  I still have stuff to put away but am lovin the rearrangement. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,814
gini replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:07 AM | Locked

I can now add a new skill to my repertoire.    Tick removal.   Somehow?   Our biking SIL acquired two ticks while he was camped along the road this weekend.  They're out and down the toilet now.   I hate ticks !!!,

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 12:26 AM | Locked

gini:
I hate ticks !!!,
       Me, too !  Our Dachshunds picked some up when we were camping last week and we did not know until next morning when DH found one on his groin  and several in our bed . Yuck! Yuck !  Gave me the creeps.  My DD had one in her ear one time and thinking it was a sore that bled I touched it  and discovered to my horror it was a tick. She liked to cuddle with our dogs. We are more cautious now.                  Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 1:53 AM | Locked

gini:
View from the top.

Beautiful photo Gini. It sounds like the family had a wonderful evening.

The white stuff has stopped falling here and the wind is calm again. We're just above freezing right now.

I haven't been out of the house in four days so I'm not too fussy about what's going on out there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 1:54 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
I'm glad the chicken found its way to your coop!  I had to laugh because at first glance I thought you said you liked fried chicken.

LOL. I do like fried chicken but this one has nothing to worry about.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,197
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 1:57 AM | Locked

Debbie:
today, I got alot done - rearranged my sewing room,

I like your room Debbie. I waiting for the day I get a room to myself.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 6:36 AM | Locked

Gini, what a beautiful pace you live. Oh, my, I remember the Ruby Mtns. outside Elko, Nv. Majestic!!

Debbie, great job. Now, you will be even more productive. 

Better get ready for church. This will be such a blessing, going to church with our son!! 

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 7:22 AM | Locked

Dear, like your room

[Ava, Missouri

Page 106 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 104 105 106 107 108 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use