Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 104 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 102 103 104 105 106 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

gini:

Patti:
Is that an eagle in the third picture? 

patti, it is a golden eagle, the first one i've seen so close. 

marie, yes i got to hold sprout, he's a real charmer.   you get yourself to idaho and i will take you to meet CC and her family. 

Now there's a plan! Can you imagine the mischief we could get into? Of course, I'm gonna have to be demanding and say that if Marie travels all the way to ID to see you  and then pop over the pass, You gotta spend more then an hour with me...and ya gotta let me feed ya!  And overnighter is a must!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:49 AM | Locked

:D I just told DS1 that Sam says he wants to put his flies to the test. He's all for it... and Jr piped up that he'd tie some for Mr Sam too!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:09 PM | Locked

Do you know CC, that when my 2 sons were young, they went down to the nature center in our neighborhood every day.  Well, one of the old fly fishing fishermen decided to teach them how to tie flies.  They were so good at it and what they created, that the fishermen would come to them and buy their flies because they worked so well.   They had a going business for some time, of course they were selling them real cheap too.  In fact, they gave them away at first until one of the men told them to quit doing it for free because they were so good.    Brings back sweet memories.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,717
Points 38,350
ls2116 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:31 PM | Locked

My family has been eating out all week .  I'm beginning to get tired of it but after tomorrow we should get back to our routines.  The sun peeked through the clouds for a second then it disappeared  again.

Just relaxing today.  I'll do a little sewing and make sure family has their apparel ready for tomorrow. I hope it doesn't rain.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:40 PM | Locked

Is thinking of you all at this trying time xx

We arrived home earlier today. Landed yesterday morning and spent last night in a hotel as I picked up my new car this morning. Took us 5 hours to drive home the traffic was terrible but at least I got to know a bit more about the car ( when stuck in traffic jams on the motor ways) Have done 1 load of washing which is now drying. Busy few weeks, tomorrow my friend and I are singing at a local cathedral as part of a combined choir. This is being filmed as 2 programmes called Songs of Praise which will be shown on BBC television Sunday 28th April and Sunday 4th October. We have to wear red & white for the morning session and something summery for the afternoon. The hymns are not all well known ones well at least the tunes are different luckily we can use a hymn sheet. Not like our spring concert which is 21st April where we have to learn all the words by heart. Sadly our choir master has withdrawn as his partner is terminally ill with cancer and they need to spend some time together, we do have 2 brilliant musicians who will step in but we do need to have an impromptu rehearsal next Saturday day before the concert. So not much time to do any quilting as I also have to go back to work on Monday!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok

xxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 5:02 PM | Locked

chocake2:

gini:

Patti:
Is that an eagle in the third picture? 

patti, it is a golden eagle, the first one i've seen so close. 

marie, yes i got to hold sprout, he's a real charmer.   you get yourself to idaho and i will take you to meet CC and her family. 

Now there's a plan! Can you imagine the mischief we could get into? Of course, I'm gonna have to be demanding and say that if Marie travels all the way to ID to see you  and then pop over the pass, You gotta spend more then an hour with me...and ya gotta let me feed ya!  And overnighter is a must!

I'm adding this to my bucket list Gini and CC!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:01 PM | Locked

Boy Lesley, It sounds like you jumped from the frying pan into the fire once you got off that plane.  You have a lot planned before going back to work.  Good luck on your concerts- they sound like something I would enjoy hearing.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

Gini, CC, and Marie well that will be worth aa picture or two.  I'm sure everyone would have a great time!

TGIF is all I can say for now. It's been quite a week.  One of the arts teacher I worked with is loosing her battle with cancer.  She is such a great lady.  I cry for her DH and her 11 year old daughter.  She will remain in hospital till the end.  I pray that they can keep her as much pain free as they can while allowing her to be cognizant of the people visiting her.  She is so brave and strong.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:32 PM | Locked

Marie:

I'm adding this to my bucket list Gini and CC!

Gee Marie, I'm not sure I wanna be on a Bucket List. That sounds too ...final. How about you put us on your Must See list instead?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:40 PM | Locked

CC, at my age it's called a bucket list, unfortunately.  :  (

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:42 PM | Locked

Did the thrift store circuit today in high hopes of finding some clothes for Sprout. He's ...Sprouting. He has just about out grown his current wardrobe and if the great appitite he has had just lately is any indication I suspect he's having a growth spurt so it's aonly a matter of time before they are all too small. Sadly everyone in a 3 county area seems to have little boys his size because there was nil to be found. HOWEVER we did score a  barely used handrail for MiL's bathtub ( we got it for $1.75 ...it would cost about $90 at the medical supply). It'll be well worth the peace of mind it buys! That alone paid for the gas to go to town. 

And the big buy of the day???  A bright red gremlin !!  I just couldn't resist...  He'll be my travel partner when I go to the lqs's :D

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:46 PM | Locked

Marie:

CC, at my age it's called a bucket list, unfortunately.  :  (

Fooey on that. Anyone can have a 'bucket-list' regaurdless of thier age.   I  just don't care for the conotation. It implies that you're only gonna do it once, if you're lucky. We need to come up with something that sounds more ...up-beat... and less final.  

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:51 PM | Locked

OH dear.. DS1 just suggested the "Bouquet List" . Naturallly I liked it...right up until he said "you know, like thsat lady on 'Keeping Up Appearnces?' Mrs. Bucket."  ....  :S

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,348
Points 36,945
Linda replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:58 PM | Locked

So do I understand that you all are starting bucket lists? I know yesterday while at physical therapy I was thinking if I had a bucket list, I wouldn't have long to complete it because the physical therapy is going to do me in. And they want to put me in a full body brace to keep me from leaning any further, It may even straighten me up. Who knows it might work! I'm getting a bit tired of falling out of my office chair almost every time I sit in it.

My friend Jan and her sister came up today and we went to lunch complete with desert. I had apple carmel cheesecale...oh, that was soooo good. Then we went to get my new phone. Now it's just trying to figure out how it works. For dinner we went for Mexican foor. That dish was big enough to feed 4. It will make a good lunch tomorrow.

This week I started quilting all those tops I made this winter. Believe me I will be busy for a while.

It's been a tiring day so I will say good night. Hugs.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

Linda:
My friend Jan and her sister came up today and we went to lunch complete with desert. I had apple carmel cheesecale...oh, that was soooo good. Then we went to get my new phone. Now it's just trying to figure out how it works.

so, which phone did you get?  inquiring minds want to know...

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 104 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 102 103 104 105 106 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use