Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 102 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 7:32 AM | Locked

I have been trying for days to get on the site. IE won't let me log in but this is Chorme. What a royal pain!

Is, my heart goes out to you. It will get better. Give it time. And, stay with us.

My visit with DS went fine. She went home on Friday last.

I went and stayed overnight with a church dear, dear friend while she is in the hosp. Sat. nite. It was an incredible experience. We had Bible Study with a nurse,  At midnight. Powerful!

Our DS got through the mastectomy with flying colors. Boobs are gone and he is so happy. One step closer to being a total male. He will be here day after tomorrow. I cant wrap my mind around it. WOW! Haven't seen him since Mar. '11. Excited does not cover it.

Have a quilty day. Missed all of you so MUCH!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 9:19 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I am so delighted that your son will be able to come stay with you for a while .  Prayers for a delightful, satisfying time with him.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:47 PM | Locked

Marie

The family room remodel wasn't a surprise but the missing modem and router sure was....LOL>   Then I hooked up said devices the internet still wasn't working.   Ended up having to have a technician come out and fix the problem.   It seems the cable to the room where the internet equipment went wasn't actually hooked up to anything....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 417,064
gini replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:39 PM | Locked

welcome back, nana

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,537
Points 417,064
gini replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:52 PM | Locked

CC, we had a great time meeting your family,  you have beautiful, engaging children.  thanks for sharing with us.  you live in one of the more beautiful pats of out country.   sam would love to come fishing and try out DS1 flies.  

on the way home sam asked if i had more quilting friends we could visit on the way home, he had such a good time with your DH and kids.  

on the way to your house we saw hundreds of deer and elk, a small group of bighorn sheep, eagles, hawks, lots of animals.    on the way home, we saw one deer, and it was  standing smack dab in the middle of the road blending in with it.   i hollered stop at the same time sam saw it, so we came to a screeching halt, the silly deer dashed off just as we got to it.  we had lots of snow the night before we left, but thankfully most of it had melted off the road before we drove home. 

sorry, nancy, no pictures except of scenery, i was so excited to meet CC i forgot .   oh and jenny,  she doesn't have legs she has big springs, and sproinged all around us.   she was just as excited as i was. 

when i find the camera i'll post some pictures of the wildlife. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 3:00 PM | Locked

LOL Poor Nana. That sounds like something that would happen around here. Glad you are back.

The storm passed and the sky is again clear. The mountains look like they got a lot of new snow on them. They are really shining today!

DD came home all excited yesterday. Her school has banned the wearing of hats on campus and DD is a hat-y person. Yesterday they announced that as part of a fund raiser to bring a special speaker to the school, students would be allowed to pay a buck to wear a hat today. She was all over that!

She has a little vintage pill box that she really wanted to wear, but of course there's nothing in her wardrobe that matches it. So...Mom dug out all of Grandma's old clothes and we looked through them in hopes of finding something. Naturally, nothing matched the hat, but we quickly discovered several outfits that fit her perfectly and she loved.

There was one coat dress from about 1958-1960 that she looked at and announced it was frumpy. I made her put it on. ...3 guess is which is now her favorite! Mom  had very classic taste and that little dress is sharp even today. Alas, it's wool and the moths have dined on it..so today I am doing what I can to repair the damage. It'll have to be cleaned before she can wear it. I hesitate to do that myself but the nearest cleaners is 90 miles away. Can anyone offer anny advice? The dress is bonded wool with an acitate (?) liner. I'd appreciate some guidence.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

Thank you all for being here for me.  I just cant keep up with the wishes of family members one minute its do this , then the next its no were not doing that make this so now 'm trying to layout a page for a thank you something like cloud sky background with scanned image of FIL with verbage over around that.   Maybe i can get my daughter to help me or maybe BIL will decide to go to printing shop and order thank yous ideas are just changing fast I tried to use eq7 to design quilt then i was gonna scan image print that then type on it but i've run out of ink so...  I'll be glad when i can just get back to quilting.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 4:59 PM | Locked

Boy, a night of no sleep makes one so tired the next day  just couldn't go to sleep last nite so got my MQ8 step 2 done but so tired now.  staying up all night is much harder on the body of an almost 60 year old woman than it was when I was 40.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 7:41 PM | Locked

Today, I sewed another row onto my embroidered flower quilt, and finished marking my HST's for MQ8.  Then a quick trip to WalMart (my bed risers have arrived) and the Dollar Store (brand new here in town and just had to check and see what they have).  Then it was mow the lawn, couldn't even tell that yesterday it was covered in snow.  Still windy and that's causing my allergies to act up, but managed to get dinner done (easy spaghetti and meatballs w/garlic bread).  Now I'm going to catch up a little here on line and then back to making those blocks that go between the embroidered flowers.  They are quite time consuming.   Maybe tomorrow I'll get some more flowers embroidered.

I'm dying to start work on the Log Cabin that I plan to make for the TaeKwonDo instructor.  The fabric all arrived yesterday and now I'm just itching to get started on it even though I'm planning on it being a Christmas present from my 3 grandsons who are under his tutelage.

I just might start it tonight anyway, make one 12-1/2 block just to see if it's going to look as good as I what I see in my mind.  It will be done is shades of gray (Stonehenge) with red centers (also Stonehenge).  I really do need to see how far my set of Stonehenge fat quarters will take me.  I might have to run to the LQS and pick up another one before they're all sold out.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 8:10 PM | Locked

gini:
 you have beautiful, engaging children
 See? I tol' ya...   Oh. Wait. I'm biased.

gini:
no pictures except of scenery,
We got a lot of that!! It cleared off this morning and the view was really stunning. Too bad it hid behind the clouds before you left... :( Guess the mountains were feeling shy.

gini:
 on the way home, we saw one deer, and it was  standing smack dab in the middle of the road
'Sounds like it was a Suicidal Kamakazie deer. There seem to be a lot of those around. DH took one out on his way home form work a few months ago. We tell hunters that the best way to get a trophy buck is with your grill guard at 2AM.
gini:
jenny,  she doesn't have legs she has big springs

That would be an understatement.  Just be glad she didn't show off her dancing skills too much. I'll be glad when she finally fully understands that she can't jump up on people.

I've already put your gift to good use drawing threads from seams to mend moth nibbles in Mom's/ DD's vintage dress. It works great!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 10:10 PM | Locked

It's always fun to read about yet another get-together of QCA friends.  Thanks for sharing your day, CC & Gini!

Okay, y'all, who is going to get together next???

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,460
Jacy replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 10:24 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

It's always fun to read about yet another get-together of QCA friends.  Thanks for sharing your day, CC & Gini!

Humm, I've thought about taking my kids to one of the dinosaur museums, It would be fun to go up CC's way this summer. What do you think CC, your kids and mine, it could be quite the circus!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 10:27 PM | Locked

Jaci, skip the pictures.  This visit we'll need a video of with one of the mom's narrating to tell us which child is whose.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,795
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 10:34 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Michelle, Beve99 and I are shop hopping in and around Austin on Saturday!!  Whooop Whooop!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 11:00 PM | Locked

Jacy:
What do you think CC, your kids and mine, it could be quite the circus!

Circus' are fun.

Page 102 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 100 101 102 103 104 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use