Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 101 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 99 100 101 102 103 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:41 PM | Locked

chocake2:
it was only after they had left that I remembered that I was supposed to get a picture

Hmm, selective memory I think...  LOL

A picture of Sprout's head bump greeting would have been cute, but as Gini pointed out, we don't need a picture of her and Sam to remember what they look like.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 11:27 PM | Locked

I'm not that devious Nancy...  ;-P

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 692
Points 11,880
zoetc49 replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 11:34 PM | Locked

ls2116

This is a hard time for you, do take the time you need to grieve. I lost a older brother 3.5 years ago, it was a sudden thing and then painful was having to pay for some of the cost as he had no insurance and no other family( wife , kids). Dealing with Funeral home are bad enough to make one want to scream ! If money is an issue as was for us, do what is right for you and your family. All the little things add up and may not be a big deal. I only suggest that you do an obituary as when someone does a family tree in the future, it will be nice for them to see pictures and know more about the person. I know you did not ask for this information, I hope I am not coming across as harsh. I am sorry that your going through this. Quilting to me is an emotional time, it allows me to think about so many different emotions. If you want to do any quilting, do one that is easy and relaxing.   ((hugs))   

• | Post Points: 0
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 4:58 AM | Locked

Marie:

Linda, enjoy your weekend with Jan.  Maybe you could get her interested in some sort of handwork instead of TV.  Perfect convert!

Marie, I've been trying for 25 years! She prefers to watch me sew and watch TV.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 5:19 AM | Locked

IS, sorry about the loss of your FIL. My God hold you and your family in the comfort of his arms and give you  peace during this difficult time. .

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:44 AM | Locked

IS, you are so right . We are here for you to lean on when you need it and even when you don't need it, we are here.   Just like the song- lean on me.  Now I am going to be humming that song all day.   That's okay, I love that song. I just can't think of the singer right now.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 8:15 AM | Locked

Is, please add me to the list sending your cyber hugs for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers that God gives you the inner strength to get through this.   I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have to make all the final arrangements.  There are still several items that we need to deal with from my mom's passing that none of us are really able to handle as yet. 

And I'm finding that this past weekend it hit me really hard that she is gone.  I'm still not dealing well today, but I'm at work and going to make an effort.  I was holding it in untill yesterday, and I really don't even know what set it off.  But I have been right on the edge of tears since last evening.  Gonna be a challenging day today.  Please keep me in your prayers today as well.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:48 AM | Locked

Ginny:
That's okay, I love that song. I just can't think of the singer right now.

The singer of that song was Bill Withers. I looked it up on Wikipedia. It drives me crazy to try to remember something like that and can't.

IS my In-laws and my parents have been gone a long time, but somedays just the thought of a song or flower or almost anything they liked makes me want to cry. It's better to let it out, cry and talk about your feeling. I know it helps me.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 4:10 PM | Locked

Susie, big hugs just let the tears flow it's natures way of helping the healing process.xx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:07 PM | Locked

Okay,

For everyone whos wondering where Sukochi has got to, shes having some issues with her password, and is unable to get on, she has contacted Customer service and is waiting for them to get back to her, but says she is missing everyone.

Hope you can get back to us soon Sukochi,

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:15 PM | Locked

Thanks Frances , wondered where she was. Lx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,915
Points 41,005
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:27 AM | Locked

I'm still going through pics with family members, and i'm trying to construct something with pictures not sure how to do it though because i like material of coarse i'm thinking of using material but in our run to6 fh' seen something like age progression pic about 5x7 size 5 pics all together and it would attach by velcro to casket liner the part that stays up during service don't know if i should use foam board or matting board.  Any ideas please let me know i've never been really crafty .

Oh I wanted to apologise for talking about sad subject and rekindling emotions of others.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 3:03 AM | Locked

Is,

There is no need to apologise, thats what we are here for to share not only the good times but the bad, I know when my mum died in November i would have struggled a lot more without the friendship and help and prayers from everyone on here.

lots of love and prayers

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 4:28 AM | Locked

Is, we are here to support one another so there is no need to apologize. Most of us have had a turn at "crying on the shoulder" of this group. Some of us more than once.

Using foam board would be good if you are going to wrap in fabric. It doesn't bend and is light weight.

You are in my prayers...may God wrap His comforting arms around you and give you peace. Is, remember the good times...believe it helps get through the grief. Sending you hugs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 7:07 AM | Locked

Susie, I have you in my prayers for strength and healing to get you through a difficult time.  I remember how difficult it is.   Ginny

Page 101 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 99 100 101 102 103 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use