Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 99 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:05 PM | Locked

Is, I'm adding my condolences to those of hte others.Cyber hugs coming your way ((Is2116))

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:11 PM | Locked

I have survived an invasion of commandos. DS1's party seems to have been a success. He had a military theme, complete with  paratroopers,  recon missions, granades launchers and incindary devices. ....'Got pretty wild. LOL Anyway, here's his "Pineapple" cake. My wrist is on ice.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:39 PM | Locked

Is,  I am truly sorry to hear that your FIL passed today, but he has truly been in such a precarious situation for some time no.  I pray for peace to come to you and his wholr family during this sad time.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:57 PM | Locked

Is, So sorry about your DFIL passing. My dad died 3 years ago today and it is my DGD Maddie's 9 th birthday. She remembered on her own about her great grandpa as i have only missed one birthday.

my son is engaged and they are planning on May 2014 wedding. (I can not even think about this May yet!).  So i would like some thoughts. I was thinking of instead of a guest book have a guest quilt where everyone could sign it.  Or any other ideas anyone might have??  I am basically still newbie at all of this and would love to hear about ways to do this nicely. And they are into having classy FUN so if it is something little off the wall, please share. Her colors are tangerine and lt peacock blue. I know she likes the idea of their engagement photo printed in center or anything that will make an Awesome wall hanging. They are anticipating about 100 guests. Also any ideas on gifts for bridal party. They are on low budget so i promised to try to find things that are nice but not too costly. Thanks in advance, feel free to PM if ypu prefer. 

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:57 PM | Locked

Is, I am sorry about the passing of your father-in-law.  Prayers and hugs for you and your family.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:58 PM | Locked

CC, that is a fabulous cake.  Wow, what a mom!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:12 PM | Locked

Is sending lots of love and hugs on the loss of your DFIL. 

never underestimate yourself. What we consider to be mundane and boring others are interested in. Don't lose touch with people who care about you. I cannot tell you how much comfort I got from the "cyber" world. When I didn't want to talk to anyone the Internet was great. A lifeline to the outside world but on my terms. Xxxx

CC fantastic cake. Hope you are feeling better Xx

• | Post Points: 0
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:14 PM | Locked

Prayers to you and your family during this difficult time...I pray for peace for all of you, so sorry for your loss!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

Oh my goodness, CC Was that cake super-charged?   Cute cake.  Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

Is,

So sorry to hear about your FIL, prayers going up for you and your family.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:24 PM | Locked

CC,

Wonderful cake what a wonderful mum you are, so anychance of sending a slice over for me, you throw it and i will catch it at my end.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:21 PM | Locked

Frances:
anychance of sending a slice over for me, you throw it and i will catch it at my end.

It should be landing in your lap about now, Frances! 'Sorry about the mess...

My virus has done the more normal thing for me and gone straight into my vocal cords.  I think it's the Lord's little joke. It's hard to be a chatter-box with Bronchitous. :( 

Anyway, you can all have a good laugh at this Mommy, standing on her front steps, trying to get the attention of a small mob of pre-pubesent boys in military gear. Instead of "Ten- SHUN!!!!!!" I squeaked.  Really. All I managed was "Squee-EEk".  And when I tried to dismiss the troups from roll call to persue their duty assingments. I  only managed "Disssssss MEEEEEEEst."  Some Drill Sargent I am.    :S           Good thing my ever loving is really good at doing the military bark and he got those young men in ship shape in short order.  One of our older guests was a former Tank driver and he thought the whole thing was hillarious - especillay when DH had the boys marching around the yard yelling at them :  'Ya Lef ,Ya lef',  Lef' - Right - Lef'... Watch that Land Mine, Sold-yer!! Left - Right - Lef' ...-Ten-HUT!" and the 'landmine was freshly deposited by our own dear Jenni. (I think she as saving it up for just such an occasion.)  The boys seemed to really enjoy it.  Someday many of them will probably be doing it for a living and then boot camp won't be nearly as fun, but for now, I'm glad they got to giggle over it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 7:01 AM | Locked

CC sorry to hear you have no voice. I lost mine about a month ago and when I tried to sing at rehearsal nothing came out. 

Party sounds like it was a great hoot!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 7:44 AM | Locked

Thanks CC,

I only got half of it, i think the rest must have been lost over the white cliffs of dover.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,480
Points 24,685
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 7:44 AM | Locked

Is - so sorry about your FIL.  he is in a far better place. T & P go out to your family. 

CC - how fun, how old is yur son?  I'm guessing between 6-9 and I can see a crowd of little boys just having such fun.  I have 6 grandsons but none of them were gungho for a military party, we're into WWE, sports or video games.  It is sad that someday they may do it for real. 

and I can feel for you with no voice, been there more than times than I want to count.  Also, how we got our Buffy - DH came home and got 6 yr old son all excited about getting a puppy - and I had no voice and mouthing "NO!!" was to no avail.  we had her for 10 years till cancer took her away.  she was a very loving, sweet girl who was our protector.    

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 99 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use