Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 98 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:19 AM | Locked

Have to tell you you girls about this - we just had Home Fusion installed, from Verizon.  It is internet for home and talk about fast!... WOW WOW WOW!!! it's faster than I have at the library, which is usually pretty fast.  It's a huge cell phone mounted on your roof like the dish for TV, just can't place calls.  4G.  The installer was telling us normally he installs these in the country, where they can't get typical internet service.  First time he installed one in town. It works with our data service on Verizon which we have our phone thru. 

If you're thinking about new internet service cause you are not happy with yours, try it!!  We had AT&T and had problems.  I have to go cancel them now.  Unfortunately, QCA is still slow. 

Later!  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

Linda, enjoy your weekend with Jan.  Maybe you could get her interested in some sort of handwork instead of TV.  Perfect convert!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,094
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:31 AM | Locked

Busy weekend . . . DH took yesterday off to get the rest of the shingles off the ground from when we replaced the roof.  That was about 2700 pounds!!!  He loaded them all up by himself, I just can't stand on uneven ground for long.  I hate not being able to help!!   He is out there now, picking up the old windows and doors.  We are going to get siding soon!  Can't wait! 

I finally found a blue, silver and turquoise rug for our Master!  Was sooooooooo very excited!  It is exactly like it was pictured online!  I am so happy!  Can't believe I found a rug w/my exact colors!! 

I have done the dishes and need to fold the clothes.  We have a b.day party at noon, then DH's co-worker has invited us and some of his other co-workers out for supper.  Won't need any food tomorrow!

Everyone have the most wonderful day!  Spring is on the way, our peafowl have exited their barn and are visiting again!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 719
Points 14,040
Sue replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:23 AM | Locked

Today is the quilt show in Livingston!  YEAH ! It's finally here, after two years of planning and working on quilts for it.  It's at the Jr Hi on the Highway so hope to attract a lot of people.

Then in the afternoon DH and I have to go to Conroe to pick up his truck.  Finally getting that dent out of it, the one from the idiot driver in Calif last summer.  Oh well, at least the truck will be pretty again.

AND lastly, I just finished a quilt for a friend, just a small Kokopelli wall hanging.  If I can figure out how to work the camera, I'll try to post a photo.

Have to leave for the show now, TTYL

In the piney woods of East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 12:58 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

We all want a picture of Gini and CC!

Ackk! No pics of CC!! Thats a BA-AD idea!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 4:50 PM | Locked

Afternon ladies.

well we wanted more snow and as we drove back to Winter Park around 8 last night it was blowing a gale and pouring with rain. We got to the base of the mountain pass and it turned to snow. My goodness what a horrendous drive. It's only about 25 miles but we crawled as the visibility was awful. We then saw a really bad crash on a bend where one car had lost its front wheel. Thankfully it appeared to be car damage not people.

This morning we thought skiing  would be great but the storm seems to have missed Winter park so we skied for a couple of hours and then popped to get some supplies from the grocery store to keep us going, we allso pigged out for lunch so may only need a snack for dinner. We are now relaxing in our room.

Is big hugs to you and the family.

It is 9 months  today that my Dad died and it would have been his 82nd birthday. He had a good life but I miss him so so much. I have also found out today that our choir conductedrhas decided to step down as his partner who is battling cancer is very poorly. We have our concert on21st luckily we have 2 other excellent guys who can step in. Xx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:06 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for thoughts and prayers.  I guess I'll be going back to being someone that doesn't have much to tell ya.  My FIL passed today not even 5 minutes after family members signed hospice papers.  I'm just too choked up right now.  I don't know if i'll be going with family around to funeral homes.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 155
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:34 PM | Locked

ls2116:
My FIL passed today
               Is, So sorry  to hear your FIL died today. On the bright side he is at peace and in no pain. Will keep you in my prayers.  HUGS,  Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

gini:
but i'll be sure to have her take a picture of sam and i for you.  :  )    do you remember what we look like?  

Okay, funny lady!  I thought maybe CC was relaxing in that regard now that she's seen how nice we all are.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:53 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

gini:
but i'll be sure to have her take a picture of sam and i for you.  :  )    do you remember what we look like?  

Okay, funny lady!  I thought maybe CC was relaxing in that regard now that she's seen how nice we all are.

There's no doubt you all are nice!!! Treasures to a one! ....But I still don't wanna cause any tramatic failures of electronic devices with my mugshot.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:07 PM | Locked

Is, so sorry for the loss of your DFIL.  Prayers going up for you and your family.  God Bless you all.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:15 PM | Locked

Gini thank you so much for the update on Nana, I was really worried since I PM'd her twice and posted a few times with no response.  Glad she got to go away with daughter and grandkids.  Was the family room remodel a surprise?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,094
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:54 PM | Locked

Well, found out our credit card was hacked.  Thankfully they hopped on it and stopped it!  Seems about every 3 or 4 years it happens.  So account shut down, new cards on the way.  They are good!

Had fun at the B.day party and the supper out.  Too full to even get up, but need to get shower and get to bed.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,094
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:57 PM | Locked

Is, so sorry to hear about the loss of your FIL.  Praying for you and your family.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:05 PM | Locked

IS, so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Page 98 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 96 97 98 99 100 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use