Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 95 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 93 94 95 96 97 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:28 PM | Locked

marie, your new quilt looks very cuddly, and i love your block of the month

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:37 PM | Locked

Wow Marie you have been busy. Both are lovely.x

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:38 PM | Locked

Ginny what a beautiful picture x

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 4:14 PM | Locked

Though I'd give you a quick update of my absence. I am actually in Winter park Colorado skiing. Need more snow! I have managed to get to a couple of quilting shops and also bought a few magazines. I have fallen in love with a fabric called Lovely by Debbie Beaves but cannot find a shop that stocks it. I could buy it online so that will probably be the option I go for.

we have skied about 20 miles a day so I hope that will help in my quest to either lose weight or at least maintain until I get home as it will be only 3 weeks until my oldest son gets married. I have bought a gorgeous dress and jacket with matching bag and shoes. I am also hiring the hat that matches. The snow here in Winter Park is ok but by lunchtime it is very very slushy and warm . Tomorrow forecast says it will be 53 degrees too warm for good skiing so another day of retail therapy looms. 

I have skimmed through previous posts so am sending big hugs to all who need them. Xx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 4:35 PM | Locked

Lesley, enjoy your time in Colorado.  You are right- if the snow gets mushy- RETAIL THERAPY works.       Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 4:52 PM | Locked

Hmm Marie, I wonder just who that fleece quilt will be for?  Could it be for a darling GGS?   I love your fussy cut  quilt block.  That is really neat.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:35 PM | Locked

lesley, you should have come to schweitzer and skiied with me.  we still have tons of snow, and until today have had perfect bluebird weather.     the rains have moved in for a day or two, then we should have wonderful spring conditions.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,820
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 6:18 PM | Locked

Nancy, I totally understand! Slow melting also means no flood....good thing. And like you we can enjoy the woodsa bit longer before the ticks take over. I do hate coming home with dozens of unwanted hitchikers on my pants and socks.  Also side roads are not as much fun!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 11,455
weezee56 replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 6:20 PM | Locked

Marie your fleece quilt and your quilt block are very nice.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,296
Points 45,820
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 6:27 PM | Locked

Marie, I like your new avatar with your DGGS. Your BOM and tied fleece quilt are looking good too!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 6:46 PM | Locked

Thanks Gini.

we always come to Winter Park ! We have skied an awful lot more this year than last so shouldn't really complain. May be more snow over the weekend!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 6:52 PM | Locked

Karla:

Been there and done that, Ginny.  It isn't fun.  Mine was caught and corrected right away.  Haven't found the culprit, but did find out what site it happened on.  It was Fabric Depot.  They sent me a letter and offered a lot of free gifts to make up for the trouble.

Karla, I also got a letter from Fabric Depot.  My card hadn't been compromised yet, but they did offer me free shipping for my next order since my card was part of the group that was "hacked" from them.  Our credit card sent a new card to us (the second time in 3 months), but didn't cancel it immediately.  It was just replaced on the chance that it could be used by someone else because of Fabric Depot's problem.  I have activated the new number (again - what a pain!)  and we have been told the other card could be used by us until the 23rd of April, but we have destroyed the old ones.  Hopefully whoever took the numbers won't use it before it is cancelled. 

I am just responding today because I finally was able to get online today and am catching up.  It is too slow to read posts in emails as I have had to for about a week.  Such FUN with credit cards and the internet!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:02 PM | Locked

I couldn't believe ran to store to make return then ran back to pick up pictures from another store came home finished making dinner and it seems day is gone as I'm fighting to stay awake right now.  Don't even think I could find my sewing machine to sew right now.  Maybe thats a good thing but if i fight this after dinner tired maybe i'll be wide awake tonight to sew .

Must be spring break as neighbor had so many kids running around next door some were from out of state and they even brought their dog who is timid of people and non stop barking. 

Yesterday before hospital went to thrift store and found a couple old quilting magazines from march '93.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

What a day it's been!! Yesterday got everything moved to the sewing room from my bedroom. Now the sewing room looks disasterous because  I'm working on so many quilts at the same time and they are all in different stages of completion. And to make matters worse Indy takes over my drafting stool!!!

Later in the day a friend dropped by and we went shopping first to JoAnn's. I finally got to order a bolt of WonderUnder and had a coupon for 40% off. Indy was so good in there. He likes riding in the carts. Then we went to Pet Supplies Plus. Indy got very excited in there because there were doggy biscuits that were not wrapped. He thought he could just walk up and take a biscuit!! I'm glad Debby caught him. The vet is trying him on a different diet to determine food allergies. Finding turkey treats is not that easy, but I did find some. After that we went to dinner and for some reason Indy thought that he should sit next to me at the booth. Service dogs are suppose to go under the table.. Where he got all these crazy notions in his head today I don't know. But, I do know we are going to go back and do some basic training again.beginning tomorrow. And when we got home he headed straight for my chair!

And now I'll say good night. Indy wore me out!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:58 PM | Locked

By the way I had 2 credit cards compromised and actually had fraudulent charges on them, someone got into my Facebook account and changed the password and all the settings, my hotmail email account disappeared for 2 weeks and when it returned it was highly compromised and now I can no longer get into my PayPal account. Recently my computer had the black plague and it had to go to the computer hospital to be repaired. No matter how much protection I put on my computer the hackers can still get in and get pertinent information.

Page 95 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 93 94 95 96 97 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use