Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 94 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 92 93 94 95 96 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,846
Points 40,250
ls2116 replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Just got back from hospital , our energizer bunny is still running.  Found out that indeed FIL was on ventilator but it has been removed now as heis breathing on his own!  He is still not talking and I'm not sure that he recognizes us, but septicemia is is improving they also found kidney stone which at his age I don't think they would operate.  

Also today I had repairman out for dishwasher luckily it was inexpensive.  Maybe tomorrow will be a normal day.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 705
Prairiemom replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:44 PM | Locked

No sewing again, but got lots done.   Cleaned, decluttered and reorganized tow storage rooms.  Sent a van load of stuff to the thrift store, got 2 boxes and a basket of stuff ready for my friend to look through. Sorted through my boxes of stampin up paper too.

Maybe tomorrow I can work on MQ8

Pam

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,585
Points 26,580
Debbie replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 11:05 PM | Locked

today, I got walking in - went to Oklahoma Library Association pre-conference held in Ardmore, OK.  preconference I went to was a tour of the Chickasaw Cultural Center,  it tells the story of the Chickasaw Indian Nation and preserves their heritage and culture.  As librarians, we got a tour behind the scenes - preservation room, decomtamination area and where they are digitailizing all their holdings.  very inteesting and so informative!  

Cultural Center is just beautiful,  one room you get the experience of being in te forest and you hear the stories passed down from generations.  If you ever come to OK, make it a priority on your visit. 

anyways, we left at 8:00 this morning and got home about an hour ago so a long day but very worthwhile.  Best part, I got paid to go and for my mileage down there and back.  what a deal!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,810
Dawn replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:03 AM | Locked

Sukochi, we DO keep Christ in the center of our celebrations, every one of them and He is the center of our daily life too.  Our church has easter egg hunts to reach out to the community and show them Christ's love.  That is what we are to do.  We hope that they will be drawn to that love and be saved.  WE NEVER FORGET WHY WE CELEBRATE! 

Christ wasn't found in churches, he was found in the streets w/the "bad" people.  That is because He loves everyone, not just the ones who celebrate "right." 

Done w/my rant.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

Dawn, I am sorry for the way I worded that. I had no intention of questioning YOUR Faith. I was speaking as a whole. I understand that reaching out to the community, at large, is so necessary. I am sorry for the way I sounded. I really need to pray more and talk less.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,810
Dawn replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

It's all good, we need to stick together, to get this world saved.  Have the most awesome day!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 638
Points 11,010
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:18 AM | Locked

I don't read each post but this one made me wonder what this was about. I found this site that I think might of interest, actually for anyone. http://homecooking.about.com/od/foodhistory/a/easteregghistry.htm

As for myself, I stopped going to church because I saw the political side of it. I was one who never missed church. That does not mean that I do not believe. I continue to reach out to help others as Christ would, but I just don't need a church to do it with. Maybe one day a good church will be found in my area.   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,574
Points 177,993
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:32 AM | Locked

I finished a fleece tied quilt yesterday and finished one of my Feb. BOM.  I'm just moving right along here!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

both are very nice Marie.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,810
Dawn replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 1:10 PM | Locked

Love them Marie!  I love the blue and white one, so pretty!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,574
Points 177,993
Marie replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 1:21 PM | Locked

Thanks Patti and Dawn.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

Marie, love your quilt.  I really love your block, love the center

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,580
quiltcrone replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:17 PM | Locked

Patti:

I know that many of our Christian holidays are celebrated by pagan customs, but I grew up with them and they have special meaning.   My daughter has formally converted to Judaism, and I was thinking the other day, that I would miss doing the Easter bunny and egg hunt with the someday grand kids.  Then I thought, hey the bunny is not about 'Resurrection Day,' it's about spring.  So we may have our own family spring festival, but not confuse it with Passover, nor Resurrection Day.

Patty, that sound like our family. We have a wide variety of religious paths in our family. Several varieties of Christian, Pagan, athiest, agnostic, and more. Since our family never misses an occasion to celebrate anything, we have seasonal celebrations: Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter plus all the traditional Holidays. Since our religious views vary so widely, we figure each can mark their respective religious holidays however they wish: going to church, personal ritual, community service, or however they wish. Then we come together as family to celebrate life!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,580
quiltcrone replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:19 PM | Locked

Sorry Patti! Didn't mean to misspell your name!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 3:28 PM | Locked

Marie, that fussy cut patch really sets off your block. I love the effect!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 94 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 92 93 94 95 96 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use