Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 93 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 91 92 93 94 95 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 624
Points 9,310
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

I have a question.. for those who have more experience than me... What is the best way to cut up and piece a back for a twin size quilt, with a 4 yard pc of fabric? The backing needs to be at least 59 X 78...

Kelly, you can cut the length in half, selvege to selvege. this will give you two, 2 yard pieces. and sew them selvege sides together using a nice wide seem that you can trim later. You should get a piece that is 72 x 82, that is if your fabric is about 42/44 inches wide. Turn it so the seam is accros the back, not up and down. Hope this helps.
Margaret
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 4:55 PM | Locked

Ginny you post brought me some comfort.... as odd as that is. Sunday morning the kids Easter Egg hunt was interupted by the sherrif calling to ask DH to lend an assist to his dept. Our neighbor was killed in a tragic accident and no one could locate his wife. They were worried that she had been traveling with her husband and might be injured. Dh finally located her, at her sons home watching the grands find the Easter bunny's treasures, and had to break the sad news to her. In a weird way, it's a relief to know our little town isn't the only one that lost a friend over the holiday.

We also lost little Dumb Pling on Sunday morning. The kids found her in the brooder when they went out to feed. Sad Sad...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 5:08 PM | Locked

CC, glad I could help you out.  I felt bad for your husband having to find and tell your neighbors wife,  and poor, poor dump pling.  I am so sorry he/she passed, I really was looking forward to hearing of antics between Jenni and Dumpling- like the chicken would get the best of Jenni and peck her hard on the nose and send her running.  Well, I guess I shouldn't dream so much.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 6:15 PM | Locked

I just love reading these post to DH. He just shakes his head and says we are weird. I told him, at least WE have a life, un-like himself.

Big sis comes to morrow for her latest visit. All sorts of shopping in order for the next three days.

Here's a quick look at the latest post card......

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 6:19 PM | Locked

Today was laundry and lawn mowing day.  DH found a broken sprinkler pipe and sent me for supplies at Lowes...by the time I got back, he had the lawn mowed so I was able to embroider a few blocks for the flower quilt.  

Need to make dinner now and take the 7 and 9 year old  DGS's to their TaeKwonDo class.  Think the 14 year old will be spending the rest of the week with us, so I better hit the grocery store, too.  That boy is about 6'3" and will eat me out of house and home in no time.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,115
Points 14,375
Dawn replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 6:30 PM | Locked

Have been kinda lazy these last couple days.  Recovering from the long weekend.  Went to Indiana to help our DS and DDIL w/the grands as they were putting on their churches egg hunt.  They think there were around 20,000 to 25,000 people there.  250,000 eggs and 2 helicopter drops of just candy.  DD and DSIL came w/the grands so we had all 6 of them there!  What fun!  The cousins really love each other so much, it is true, your cousins are your first friends! 

I did work on a quilt yesterday, but then today I took it all apart, I had gotten ahead of myself and it needed to be re-done. 

Since the weather is finally getting warmer, DH is getting my summer car ready.  I am sooooooo excited to drive that thing again.  It is way too much fun!

DD is coming tomorrow w/2 of the kids to do some laundry.  Her FIL is working on her laundry room and she has nothing to wear!  :-)  Well, better check on supper, it should almost be done!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 6:55 PM | Locked

Sukochi, love your newest postcard

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:49 PM | Locked

Cute card, Sukochi.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 8:17 PM | Locked

Pretty card Sukochi.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,355
ls2116 replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 1:21 AM | Locked

Quiltylee you must've gotten your machine back great postcard!

Ginny thats terrible all the loss on a day of celebration.  At least they are not suffering more, but my thoughts and prayers heading your way on how you'll divide yourself to be in all the places you need to be.  DH also told me he had a coworker pass same day.

I got my vertical blind up after searching everywhere for wall brackets finally found them and its the best improvement i've done on house other than taking down cork wall.  Weird thing is with all the emotions i've been going thru with FIL episodes I don't get excited or happy about much of anything any more like i'm just functioning but not absorbing ... but i'm trying to get ready for yearly garage sale amongst everything else thats happening.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:44 AM | Locked

Dawn:
Have been kinda lazy these last couple days.  Recovering from the long weekend.  Went to Indiana to help our DS and DDIL w/the grands as they were putting on their churches egg hunt.  They think there were around 20,000 to 25,000 people there.  250,000 eggs and 2 helicopter drops of just candy.  DD and DSIL came w/the grands so we had all 6 of them there!  What fun!  The cousins really love each other so much, it is true, your cousins are your first friends

Dawn, while I am sure this was great fun. Easter is about Christ's resurrection, not eggs. I know a lot of Christians no longer celabrate Easter or Christmas, because the true meaning has turned into a huge shopping extravangaze. Let's keep Christ in Easter and Christmas, as God created.

Dawn, this is no dis of you, please understand. I just thinik all this is shameful at such a time of joy as CHRIST"S RESURRECTION!!

Now, back to regular programming......

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 7:50 AM | Locked

You know, IS. It really was a blessing for each of these ladies to be relieved of their trials and tribulations and meet their Lord on such a special day. 

I am set up to babysit my youngest GGS today.  Can't wait    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:50 AM | Locked

I know that many of our Christian holidays are celebrated by pagan customs, but I grew up with them and they have special meaning.   My daughter has formally converted to Judaism, and I was thinking the other day, that I would miss doing the Easter bunny and egg hunt with the someday grand kids.  Then I thought, hey the bunny is not about 'Resurrection Day,' it's about spring.  So we may have our own family spring festival, but not confuse it with Passover, nor Resurrection Day.

And Christmas, the only must decoration in our house is the Nativity scene.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:06 PM | Locked

Hello, everyone! I have been out of town since last Thursday. Spent  4 days with my DD,DSIL, and DGC. Easter was a beautiful Spring day in mid Georgia. Church was a hour filled with music and so well done by a couple who have a traveling music ministry. There testimony brings you to tears. Oh what a great God we serve. We went camping the last 3 days but the rain brought us home early. We are on Spring break this week so we are just enjoying our time off from school. Its so good to be back home and to catch up on QCA news. it will take all night to read everyone,s posts. I am going to try to get some piecing done on my Dsis quilt , it is suppose to be done by 23rd of April.    Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 10:04 PM | Locked

Karla:
by the time I got back, he had the lawn mowed so I

For some reason, this struck me as funny.  Maybe it's the foot of snow we still have covering our lawn.  The temps are still dropping to the teens each night, so that snow is not melting very quickly.  On the plus side, that means we can still take our dog walks in the woods.  Once the air has warmed and the snow is gone, it will be too muddy and tick laden to venture into the woods.  Roadside walks are not nearly as much fun.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 93 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 91 92 93 94 95 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use