Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 92 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:40 AM | Locked

Ginny, Aden is just adorable!  Looks like Gramma is totally smitten with him!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,044
gini replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

ginny, what a great picture of you and aden.  he's a cutie. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 0
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 538
Points 9,335
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

Linda and Ginny,

I have not heard a word as of yet. I wonder how long it will take for someone to realize as Linda has stated " improvements" to his sign. I am sure there was a security camera on me when I did that. No phone calls yet. I will go for a drive later and see if it is still up at both locations....lol.   

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,375
Points 48,770
Ginny replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

Oh, you betcha, Marie.  You know how it is.  LOL     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,034
Points 108,660
chocake2 replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:20 AM | Locked

Ginny, Aden is beautiful!

zoetc, too funny.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,044
gini replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:33 PM | Locked

my DD really got her kids this morning.   

she got all hyper and told her kids to get ready for school,  that the school district had called and they cancelled spring break, and everyone had to show up this morning.   she got the kids all rushing around getting ready in a hurry, when wil said "wait a minute", wendy told him there was no time to talk, hurry hurry hurry.   he made it back up to his bedroom before he remembered it was april fool's day.

i told wendy she is now on their radar and will be their primary  april fool's target for the rest of the day.   

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 2:09 PM | Locked

Well today started out on the other side of pleasant note.  Those who go to work before the sun comes up left one of the dogs out.  She didn't start barking until 7:30 so that wasn't too bad, but I hate to have the neighbors bothered before 9am or after 8pm by my dogs. So down the stairs I fly to let her in.  We all get cozy, her in her bed downstairs, the cat in the dogs bed upstairs and the other dog on my bed. Sooo cozy. AHH! When I hear the cat vomiting.  so out of the bed to take care of that before the dogs do... disgusting animals. Darn cat had eaten a blue plastic bag.  She seems to be fine now.

Hello Monday.  I did crawl back in and watched some TV and worked on my third Country Cottage block.  Life went up hill from there.  I got 2 of the 3 tops for the charity quilts done. I may even get the third top together before I am called back to the Country Cottage Block.  I also traced out the patterns for the Fantasy Flowers blocks.  I do still have to go pick out the fabrics for it though.  I bought the background over the weekend.  I will include that in the next batch of pics, as well as the Charity quilts.

The sun is out and it looks beautiful outside.  The wind is blowing and I needed to turn the heat up today.  At least the sun is shining finally.

DH loved the pillow case.  So did the granddaughters.  They took one of Tessa's right up and put it on.  She took the other one on her mission trip.  Emily put the other things from Easter in one of them and tossed it over her shoulder like a Santa sack. I don't ever wonder why I do things for the GD's.  Specially at 7 the younger is so grateful for everything.  The 14 year old is hit and miss these days.

Thanks for all of you listening to my rant on Friday.  I am truly doing fine with the whole situation almost all the time.  They have lost a fun person.

I guess I better get cracking on the last Charity quilt.  I want ot get into the mystery quilt but promised myself I would make at least 1 per month and haven't sent any this year.  I am pretty determined to get them out first. I am having so much FUN here with all the parts of the site.  Time to make sure the pay back is there too. Pics later or in the morning.  Happy April Fools day all.

Jan in Rochester

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:33 PM | Locked

I had the 7 and 9 year old grandsons today and will have the 14 year old on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, so didn't get much sewing done, just the final border on the diamond batik quilt that I started in Branson.

But I did make it to the LQS for their 25% off batiks sale, walked out with 3 yds each of 7 different batiks and 6 yards of an 8th.   It still cost me a bundle as most of them were 11.99 per yard before the sale, but since the owner always gives me an extra 10% discount, it only cost me a little over $150.  Had to sneak the fabric into the house as I told my husband I was just looking for one to back a quilt and another to border a quilt, but darn I just can't resist batiks.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:28 PM | Locked

I just got back from hospital with DH.  They say in 24 hours more they'll know if he's out of woods.  Good news is he is not on ventillator, but he has every other kind of tube attached.  He cant speak because he has o2 tube down throat.  They'll be able to tell us more tomorrow if his blood is septic.  The cath that NH put in wasn't in right so now he is draining correctly.  Thanks t&p's.

Ginny, Aden sure was all decked out for easter! So precious. 

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:28 AM | Locked

IS I hope you FIL is on the mend. T&P going your way.

as for the DGD in need of kidney and medical attention, I will definitely have prayers going your way.  May all the love and prayers she feels help her be strong and fight to get through this difficult time..

Easter was calm.....and I had fun fabric shopping yesterday. I bought fabric to make a baby quilt for a great niece to come. And then a few more things as fabric was 25% off throughout the store...so much fun.  Now I got back and looked at ALL THE FABFIC I have..... Oh my! I really need to stop sleeping or stop working and use it up.  I know that compared to some of the grand quilters here I have a very small stash but it keeps growing!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:47 AM | Locked

Mornin' Glories.

Gotta get the mojo working, today. Sister is coming, for three day shop-a-thon, tomorrow. Need to shake the dust off the furniture. Thea needs to get over here and do the floors. From my mouth to God's ears. No one cleans a floor like she does. Then our boby will be here on the 11th.

Have one row left to piece for a charity quilt. Then decided on the borders. At least, my sis is a quilter, too. Input always helps.

Beautiful, beautiful day in the nieghborhood today. Bright sunshiney day!!

Better get on with it. Have a quilty day/

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,375
Points 48,770
Ginny replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:58 AM | Locked

IS, I feel so bad that your FIL is having to suffer thru all of this trauma. What happened that he ended up in the nursing home rather than at BIL's house?  I pray that all of this gets straightened out soon so he can be more comfortable. 

AS for me, I got news Sunday night that my friends sister had lost her battle with cancer.  He had been calling me and asking advise on how to handle her at home , as he was one of her caregivers.  I was planning on going out to give him a hand on Monday with her care.  Yesterday I got notified that my former SIL had lost his mother also on Sunday, then to top it off I got a call that one of the ladies from our church had also passed away on Easter Sunday.  I guess all of these great ladies wanted to meet their Lord on the day we celebrate His rising.  All of the funerals and visitations are at the same time in 3 different places, but I promised to stay at my friends sisters house to guard it during the time everyone will be gone .      Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 8:21 AM | Locked

Oh, Ginny, how sad. And, is it not awful that you have to have someone in the home during such a time? In our town, funerals are not announced, until the week after they have taken place. I have missed some due to that. And, wedding dates are not given in announcements, either. What is this world coming to?/

Is, so sorry for your FIL to have to suffer in this way. Just know that God is there and is at work. He does, however, not work in our time frame. Prayers up.

Blessing for a bright, happy day to all.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 30
WyoSquire replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 8:58 AM | Locked

I am always so envious of bloggers, this one and others as they post they finished numerous quilt tops in a day.

I am doing the BOM, A Year to Crow About and finished the February block last night. And started on the March block. I want to do the new Stonehenge BOM and in order to do that, I had to make myself a little deal, to get caught up on all of my other BOMs, which at this point is three. They are quite addicting to me.

I have almost accomplished this deal, yay!  And I feel really good about my progress as I work full time and have custody of my two grandsons, who are now 9 and 11.  At least they are at an age now where I can leave my stuff "somewhat" out and it is still untouched the next day.    

Hoping all have a glorious day! Barb

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Apr 2 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

WyoSquire, welcome to the group!  Is it safe to assume from your name that you live in Wyoming??  Anywhere near Cheyenne?

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 92 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 90 91 92 93 94 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use