Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 87 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 85 86 87 88 89 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 8:51 AM | Locked

Today, after 2 long days of work in Spokane, I am off.   I have already finished my UFO for the month, so now on to something else.  First clean my sewing room.  It is the worst mess ever.  Then another hat.  I think I have an idea to improve my first and second patterns. 

And it is supposed to be a beautiful day so I must go for a walk.  Oh, and I have to snow dye something.  Before all the snow is gone.  

I love a day off!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 9:11 AM | Locked

Jim stuck his head in the sewing room yesterday. He shruggted and asked me how I work in the "mess". I asked what part of creativity did he NOT understand. And, would he be a deartand vacuum for me, tomorrow, in the "messy" room?. That got a loud "NOT!!"

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 9:43 AM | Locked

goodness Sukochi, if he wants to help, there are so many other things he could do to give  you more time in your sewing room.   I love it when DH cooks.  Today he will be lucky if he gets warmed up soup.  A day off is a day off!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 6,760
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 10:14 AM | Locked

I agree with you Patti! My DH is retired and I am the one driving an hour one way to work each day......a day off is a day OFF....he can and does take care of the whole house for me ...even the laundry and he has even learned to cook and bake...he bakes the best rye bread!!! That was our agreement when we moved to TN when he retired and he has stuck to it..he has become quite domesticated...I love him for it ...he is my rock.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:03 AM | Locked

Apparently, according to the sewing machine repariman, my macine is not strong enouth to sew through the paper, cardstock, etc. that I use in my post card making. That is what is causing my problems. So, a new stronger machine is necessary. The research I have done, says that a heavy duty machine would be "substantial" investment. What do y'all think?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:17 PM | Locked

Sukochi

The antique Singer 99 and 15 models are both strong enough to sew thru leather.   These can be found at good prices.   Also Singer makes an industrial grade sewing machine with just some basic stitches that sells in the $300 dollar range.   I know I have seen it on HSN a few times and also think I have seen it advertised in the JoAnn papers.   You might see if you can find one of these.   They should be great for what you are doing.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:30 PM | Locked

quiltylee:

Jim stuck his head in the sewing room yesterday. He shruggted and asked me how I work in the "mess". I asked what part of creativity did he NOT understand. And, would he be a deartand vacuum for me, tomorrow, in the "messy" room?. That got a loud "NOT!!"

Sukochi,

Ask Jim where his sense of adventure is.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:33 PM | Locked

quiltylee:

Apparently, according to the sewing machine repariman, my macine is not strong enouth to sew through the paper, cardstock, etc. that I use in my post card making. That is what is causing my problems. So, a new stronger machine is necessary. The research I have done, says that a heavy duty machine would be "substantial" investment. What do y'all think?

Sorry about your poorly sewing machine, doesnt Debbie-do make postcards i wonder what she uses.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:34 PM | Locked

quiltylee:
So, a new stronger machine is necessary.

Sukochi, maybe not a "new" stronger machine, how about a older used one. Alot of the older machine were built better and can sew through just about anything. I would look at thrift stores, yard sales, etc.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:37 PM | Locked

Jacy:

quiltylee:
So, a new stronger machine is necessary.

Sukochi, maybe not a "new" stronger machine, how about a older used one. Alot of the older machine were built better and can sew through just about anything. I would look at thrift stores, yard sales, etc.

Jacy you could be right, have a Husqvarna rose and an old bernina record, the bernina was my mums is about 25 years old and is a real workhorse, the husqvarna although good and newer is a bit too much of a lady throws a fit every so often if i try and put through anything too thick.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 1:45 PM | Locked

Turns out, once I got in there to pick it up, she just suggested I not use paper in the sewable part of card making. That is easy to do. There was lots wrong and it still stemmed around tension related problems. So now it is nice and clean, oiled, and ready to sew. Only cost $68.00. That owman is so strange!.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

Well today, humh.

I started out by humoring my family and seeing the podiatrist about the binder I dropped on my foot 2 weeks ago. Well not quite, but a good 10 days ago anyway. He did X-rays and said nothing broken (told you so family so there!). I just burst a vein and that is why the weird colors.  He does want me to limit weight lifting and standing until the bruise is totally gone.  So like 10 days to 4 weeks. Well, I didn't see that coming or I would have spent yesterday cutting so I can just sew for a month. He doesn't want me standing for more than an hour at a time. But I can cut a number of strips in an hour, and have a small mat at my machine. 

Then I came home and caught up with all of you.  I hate days I can't do that first. 

Then on to a "how do I need to fix what I messed up" cutting fest.  Short of fabric for one, cut 31/2 and 5 " blocks instead of 3" and 5 1/2" blocks.  Square up this, a little short on that that I could finally cut having purchased the supplies.  So I can get those done. Probably in the morning.  An hour of cutting that type of stuff sure goes fast.  I did have MQ 8 cut before the take it easy order.

Melody, I have done aprons and love to do them.  Let me see what I have kicking around and I might be able to come up with something I can share with the group.

I also am the youngest of 6 for whoever was mentioning that.

Sheila, I think, my DIL has MS and left sided problems.  She is innovative and is teaching herself to quilt too.  She does ask me for help with the cutting, which I don't mind. She is going slow.

Thea, big warm squishy hugs (extra gentle of course) and continuing prayers for you and your Mom.

Jan in Rochester.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:00 PM | Locked

gini:
making snow angels in the parking lot, in the snow, in their bikinis and swim trunks.  i don't think a little snow at the amusement park slowed them down.

Too funny!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:04 PM | Locked

Karla:
Mine was caught and corrected right away.  Haven't found the culprit, but did find out what site it happened on.  It was Fabric Depot.  They sent me a letter and offered a lot of free gifts to make up for the trouble

I got that letter, too.  I am not canceling my credit card as advised.  I'm hoping their hackers got my old credit information.  We had to get a new card not long ago, and I don't think I've purchased from Fabric Depot since then.

I know the Fabric Depot hacking isn't what led to the fraud on the other card.  The FD letter said they got name, addresses, card numbers and security codes.  The bank said the fraud on my card was detected because the user didn't have the correct security code.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 4:24 PM | Locked

Awile before Karla posted about Fabric Depot, I had tried to purchase online from them. The notice was up that they were not taking online purchases at that time (and still are not). After they called ,I had read Karpl's post. I called them back at their other number and told the woman that I had seen that a friend had had credit card problems. She said thet was all straightened out and not to worry. I got my fabric today, and my card has been charged the correct amount. BIG sigh of relief!

Sukochi

Page 87 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 85 86 87 88 89 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use