Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 86 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 1:56 PM | Locked

Hi all!  I have been among the missing in action.  Been VERY busy at the shop first getting ready for the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop and then living through the shop hop!  I am now working 3 or 4 days a week as we have lost some of our help - up from 2 days a week. Dave is still volunteering at the library but only one day a week during tax season since he does taxes for AARP two days a week.  

He is braving our cold weather today and putting in our lettuce, radishes and garlic.  It will be a while before we add tomato plants to our raised bed.

I am busy sewing e-reader and tablet covers for the library fund raiser.  Still go once a month and sew for the Humane Society fund raiser and once a month for Project Linus.  In between I manage to get some quilting done for ME!

Hope everyone is doing well since I know there is NO WAY I can go back and get caught up on all of the posts that I have missed.  I need to go and check out what you all did at Branson.     

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,085
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 3:06 PM | Locked

Karla, how did you find out which site it was from?   AS I said I used a quilt shop site last night.  Would they have gotten it from there?   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,085
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 3:08 PM | Locked

No, I don't have lifelock , Sukochi.  My bank was quick to see the unusual circumstances and didn't allow them to go thru.  I don't believe in life lock.  My bank does it for free. Why waste that money for nothing.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 3:33 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Karla, how did you find out which site it was from?   AS I said I used a quilt shop site last night.  Would they have gotten it from there?   Ginny

I didn't find out, Fabric Depot did.  I received a letter from them saying their site had been compromised about the same time I had made an online purchase, they have shut down online purchasing right now.  You can only order over the phone.  They have offered me a 30% discount on one purchase, plus a free fat quarter bundle, and a $10 gift card.  I've taken advantage of it by placing an order online, now I have to wait for them to call me for the billing information.  They are about 2 weeks behind they say because of everyone taking advantage of this offer.  They are working on setting up a new payment site which is taking longer than anticipated.  I've cured my problem by only using prepaid cards online.  That way at least it can't be connected to my bank account.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 4:54 PM | Locked

Well I just spent the better part of the afternoon reading the Branson thread.  It certainly sounds like you all had a great time.  You really put out some beautiful work in spite of all the shinanigans.  :o)  I have never been to Branson but have been to Lake of the Ozarks.  It is a beautiful area of the country. 

Sam - your hotel looks awesome.  It certainly sounds like you spoiled the ladies and their hubbies while they were staying with you.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 5:02 PM | Locked

Marge, so glad you found time to check in with us and let us know you are doing ok. sounds like you are very busy

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,907
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

It's good to hear from you Marge. Glad you're busy and not sick. Thanks for checking in.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,907
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 8:42 PM | Locked

Pearl:
I thought I would show you a picture of my "Easter Bunny" I made from bread last year.  LOL.  Actually turned out pretty good.  My granddaughter loved it

So cute. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,907
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 8:45 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Well, I've been touched too.  My bank called me to ask if I had just ordered almost $1100 dollars on best buy online and music at the Atheneum Hotel.  Of course I said NO!!   So they cancelled that card ad are issuing me a new one to be delivered by UPS tomorrow. 

Glad they caught it.

When this happened to me my bank called as it was going on to ask if I was making the purchase when I said no they denied the charges. They wanted to make sure I would be OK before they cancelled the card. It's nice they called as I was not even up yet.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,085
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 9:20 PM | Locked

They did just about the same for me, Kris.  Even offered to put the charges for the item I was looking at on line at the time on the card before they cancelled it, but I said no, I hadn't made my decision firmly then yet.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

Nancy, all is melting nice and slow here too. I love seeing the sun.  So if it goes down slow, the ground might absorb more of it.  It was so dry  that we need much moisture in the ground.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 9:50 PM | Locked

Wow Agnes, I guess her hot flashes were worst than mine!  LOL. IT'S true winter can be fun, you just have to make the best of it.  Thanks for sharing.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,907
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 11:34 PM | Locked

Agnes:
Check out a granny that embraces winter on the Canadian prairies. She lives in the city just two hours west of my home. They almost always have more snow than we do.

Agnes,

she looks darn good in that bathing suit. Such fun to watch. She certainly knows how to enjoy life.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,722
Points 38,405
ls2116 replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 12:02 AM | Locked

Did a bunch of errands today, then DS made dinner.  DH had band practise and I took a nap. Now I'm wide awake, oh well maybe I'll cut my mq8.  

Ginny, thats terrible!  Iknow it thru me over the cliff and it still has yet to be worked out by bank.  I heard alot of don't worry about it, but I'm still worrying.  

Went to my favorite fabric store got the covers and looked around and found a old sale sign 30 0/0 off 108" fabric and they honored the price so i'm set for quilt backing for awhile.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,085
Ginny replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:45 AM | Locked

Really IS, I am not finding it to be much of a problem.  The bank is the one who noticed it right away and took care of it in an excellent manner.  My new card is supposed to arrive today.

Yuy really scored big time on your quilt backing.   Good deal.    Ginny

Page 86 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 84 85 86 87 88 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use