Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 83 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 11:32 PM | Locked

sounds like a wonderful day Gini.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 6:46 AM | Locked

OK Gang.......somebody arrest that dang groundhog and throw him in jail until we actually get spring.....It's snowing....in East Tn. the end of March..nooooooooooooo.....I WANT SPRING!!!!!

I told hubby it's snowing when he got up a bit ago, and he thought I was kidding...until he looked out window.  He's not happy either.  Looks like I do some sewing, and he can try to get rid of the cold I brought home with me from Branson and gave him.    TV showed even Branson was getting a bunch of the white stuff.  I'm glad they held off and got it after our retreat.

Well, to make some breakfast and then spend time sewing and putting some quilt sandwiches together.

Diana in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 464
Points 9,330
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 6:56 AM | Locked

I agree with you Diana...I want spring too...my DH told me to look out the window a few minutes ago..I was like "don't tell me".....sure enough there's snow on the mountain and on the ground and the wind is blowing very hard...had to wear ear plugs last night cause of the wind....well I guess I am going to get some cutting done and maybe work on the quilt for my sister....I don't work today until 2:30 so I have some time to play.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,142
Points 14,780
Dawn replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:17 AM | Locked

I am going to finish and wash Nolan's quilt.  Then I will go to town, if the roads are good, cause yeah, we got more snow too, will watch DGD3 at gymnastics, head to the grocery store and then back home. 

Heading to IN for Easter, our DS and family are there.  DS is a Children's Pastor and he (&the church) are having a huge egg hunt again this year.  We love to go and help w/the DGKs.  250,000 eggs, 2 helicoptor drops, 100 bikes, Ipads and other prizes.  It is such a wonderful outreach and we are super proud of our DS & DDIL.  She is truly his right hand! 

Well, will find something for breakfast and then the quilting begins!  Everyone have a great day!  Spring will come, it always does!  :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:43 AM | Locked

Diana, It is snowing here, also. Pretty hard.  Our Pastor is giving the first Sermon for Holy Week today. We want to be there. If this keep up, we probably won't. Just depends on the roads.  Well, not to worry, I guess. It has stopped. YAY! Well, did I say "stopped?" It is snowing again. Rats. :{

Decided, while my sewing machine  is in the hospital, I can,  finally, get to cutting out fabric for my applique quilt. I haven't had time to ever look at that.

Have to go to the Library to pick up a book that I put on hold a couple month's ago. Can't even remember, now, what it is. Duh!

Everyone have a safe, warm, quilty day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:46 AM | Locked

Nana

Love your new baby, wishing you many happy hours of using her.  I've never used a Pfaff, but have always wanted to try one.  Now that I have my Baby Lock I'm sarisfied that I have the machine that is right for me.  I see a hint of purple in your picture, give her a royal name to go with her beautiful color.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:54 AM | Locked

ls2116:

Joni T&P i'm sending your way,Angina is no fun been there.  Stay down from the horses awhile.

Is2116

I'm not riding at this time, funny thing happens though, when I'm on one of my girls the pain just disappears, it is like I'm whole once again.  Praise God with the weather soon to change to SPRING, I will once again be able to take a ride, I will be careful to get Dr. permission.  He was a steeplechase jockey in his youth.  He understands the love of horses and the peace they bring.   If I can't ride then I will just enjoy grooming and loving on my beautiful girls.

Thanks for your prayers, I surely need them, Praise Jesus he hears all our prayers ALL THE TIME!  I went to alter yesterday and was blessed with laying of hands on me.  I know that Jesus will take care of me, should I go home to be with Him, what could be better?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

Pearl:
 I too take calcium with magnesium and zinc and try to eat bananas.  It always seems like when they occur I am always thirsty.  If I have carmp, I try to have water nearby to  drink right away. Oh boy do they hurt sometimes.  Every little thing that helps is worth a try.    

Don't forget the potassium, praying your pain goes away soon.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:06 AM | Locked

Hi, everyone, those of you having snow and cold weather, don,t come to North Florida its cold and windy and we expect it to go down to the 30s at night, mid week. This has been a cold March for us. However the trees are greening up and the grass,too. Yes Spring will come, a little later than usual this year!!!  It is Holy Week so its a beautiful time no matter the weather.     Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 1:03 PM | Locked

Diana

We got a lovely 6inches of snow yesterday.  It was the heavy wet snow and the trees were beautiful but luckily today it is melting as fast as it came down yesterday.   It was really pretty though even if I really want spring.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,580
quiltcrone replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 1:39 PM | Locked

Oh, Nana! Come visit me in Arizona. We've got temps in the 80's. Mornings and late evenings are still cool (mid to high 50's). Snow? What's that?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 2:26 PM | Locked

Joni, The pain always goes away when on horses there just isn't any room to think about it.  Also once you try Pfaff no other machine will exist, at least thats my oppinion. Really wish I could win one.

Quiltylee, are you in need of a spare machine?

My day started with plumber he was able to snake drain, but also feels pipe is beginning to rot!

I'm testing it out now washing clothes.

Sandwiched nephews quilt backside.

I agree winter has lasted way too long, but it wont be long and we'll all be complaigning about 90 degrees in the shade!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 463
Points 8,810
Jan replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 2:32 PM | Locked

Today I was absolutely determined to "finish" a few things.  I went up to cut a few things and 3 hours later came back down.  And it is my night to cook.  But I got the Easter pillow cases cut (3), MQ 8 cut and I will post it there, and Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street second part cut.  If the cat didn't like strips so well.... I might actually have time to put the pillow cases together. 

Before the sewing stuff I had to go to DMV and register a car.  That is when the cat started being needy.  She wanted to be petted while I did a quick e-mail check and when I would not pet her she jumped up onto the printer.  But when DH put ink in yesterday he moved it out just enough that it rocked when she hit the front edge and she came down in my milk.  And milk and cat flew.... and sloshed.  Cleaning the computer table hadn't been part of today's plan.  But it is not uncommon for her to decide what needs to be done.

Jan in Rochester

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 2:52 PM | Locked

After a freeze on Saturday night, today it is 70 degrees.  My DH said that the good weather called for getting the yard cleaned up for Easter.  The grandkids come over here for their Easter Egg Hunt because we have the best hiding places.  Put the laundry into wash while cleaning up the yard.  Came back in after yard work (back hurts) and folded and hung clothes and added another load to wash.  Why do winter clothes take up so much more room in the washer...hate having to do multiple loads of colors for just the 2 of us.  Maybe I'll put off the sheets and towels until tomorrow.

Still got to plan my dinner for tonight as Mondays and Wednesdays I have the 2 grandsons after school for homework and dinner before I take them to TaeKwonDo.  Maybe with a little bit of luck I'll have some time to finish cutting MQ8.  I have all of the dark pieces cut, and have cut the strips for the light pieces, but that is as far as I got before the yard work was mandated.

Tomorrow I will plan Easter Dinner and start some of the preparations.  I've sure seen a lot of recipes that I would like to try on Facebook recently.

Hope some of our sunshine and warm weather makes it back to those of you continuing to get snow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 3:28 PM | Locked

ls2116:
Quiltylee, are you in need of a spare machine

I took mine in to the repairman's wife, at the LQS, this aft. I don't know what the verdict will be till he calls me. My Pastor's wife, as it turns out, has an older machine that someone gave her (she is not a sewer). She offered it to me to use while mine is in the shop. But, is not sure if it works. I will pick it up on Thurs, if mine is not back/fixable. So, does hers work and is mine fixable, who knows. I told her to tell her husband to lie and say it is not fixable. I figure then I would have to have a new machine. She said she would pass along the message. : }

Sukochi

Page 83 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use