Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 79 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 4:38 PM | Locked

thanks for the update, diana.  i'm wishing everything goes well with his surgery next month.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

Diana

That is such good news.  I have been thinking about you guys all day.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 5:49 PM | Locked

Diana, it is good to hear that everything sounds good about the bladder tumor that your DH has.  I know 1 Dr and 2 Rns that had bladder cancer.  I worked with them.  The Dr was a smoker- always had a cig. going while working and setting at the desk with the RNs.  The Rns had nothing in their histories to indicate they would be candidates for that--- except that they were the victims of the Dr's 2nd hand smoke.  Yes, 2nd hand smoke can cause bladder cancer.  All of the nurses that worked in Er had to have cystoscopies every year for 4 years after this was discovered.  The nurses were cured, but the Drs had advanced so far he had to have a urostomy and finally succumbed to the disease.  So I guess the short lesson to learn from this is- be glad they found a small tumor and can remove it.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 6:07 PM | Locked

Diana - have been thinking about you and Bob all day!  I am so relieved that it was something simple and small and that your minds are relieved.  That is awesome!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 6:59 PM | Locked

Diana glad that i read there is some releif now.  I should re read yours before I type wrong.

This is my latest physical thing I'm getting a cazillion toe and charleys , and am so tired but DS reminds me of what time i was up at 530am may take nap my time clock is screwed up . On the toe cramps been reading that I just need to add vitamin and water.  DH says eat a banana. any other suggestions out there?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 7:23 PM | Locked

Is

Bananas , potatoes, tomatoes are all high in potassium.   Low potassium is one of the biggest causes of leg and foot cramps.   I frequently have problems with low potassium.  Those cramps are a real pain....in more ways than one.   I think you can also find over the counter supplements if the cramps are really frequent.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 53
Points 940
Jane Seybold replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 7:33 PM | Locked

My doctor told me years ago to drink lots of orange juice for charley horses.  According to her it has more potassium than a banana and hits the system fast.  I use to drink a glass of orange juice at bedtime and it did help.  My husband took Quinine for years, but some soul  in government decided that it was bad for you so it was taken off the market.

What have I been doing today?  I have been working on a quilt this winter so much that I neglected my housework.  Decided yesterday that it was time to get rid of all the names written in the dust on my table tops and the cob webs out of the corners.  So, I started cleaning.  A couple hours into it my hip started hurting so I had to stop.  This morning after upteen cups of coffee I finally got moving.  Yesterday, had moved all furniture out of kitchen so I could mop the floor.  Started mopping, grandson called and needed a ride to pick up his car.  So, I decided that while I was out I would go to Best Buy and buy a replacement mouse for my computer since mine died last night.  Then while out thought I'd pick up some things at the grocery store.  Came home put away the groceries, put out the dogs, fed the dogs, put out the dogs again.  Plugged in new mouse  -- it doesn't work.  I'm trying to figure out why, the dogs want out again, then back in.  One want to play the other want in my lap.  I shout they head out in different directions.  The mouse finally works.  I pour a glass of wine and here I am on the computer.  Furniture is piled where it isn't suppose to be, dust is still on the table tops, but I'm doing my second choice of activity as opposed to cleaning -- my first choice of course is quilting, but after a glass of wine it's wise if I stick with the computer.  Tomorrow is another day.

Jane

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,373
Points 48,745
Ginny replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 8:02 PM | Locked

IS, your cramps may be due to other things if your Dr put you on a medicine for your blood pressure that is potassium sparing.  Then the potassium could be too high.  Did your cramps start after you started new pills for your blood pressure?   I found my cramps are improved by taking magnesium tablets when they start- and they always start when I have fallen asleep.   Hope this is helpful too. Or between Nana and I we have really confused you      Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 8:09 PM | Locked

quiltylee:

CC have you noticed any feathers in Jenni's mouth??

Nope. Not yet. I pray not at all.

I was wrong. The kids said it was a black chick that passed in the night, but it was actually a red one. Garbanzo and Bob live on but either Alfredo or Gravy is gone. ;( When Dh checked them before leaving for work, thier bedding was SOAKED and they were all chilled. Not sure if the roof leaked or their water did, but whatever the cause, it weren't good. We've moved them into the house to spend the night warm in the utility room. Hopefully the more constant temp inside will win the day and they'll feel better int he AM. *sigh* Always some heartache with critters.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 8:11 PM | Locked

a glass of wine sounds good right now, i think i will join you

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 9:11 PM | Locked

Diana:
It does relieve our minds a lot.
                Diana, So glad your DH is going to be o.k. I t is scary though, isnt it. Will keep you and him in my prayers for a simple surgery next month.                       Hugs, Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 9:14 PM | Locked

gini:
a glass of wine sounds good right now,
                  Sounds good to me, gini!              Susan

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 9:24 PM | Locked

All great suggestions but if it persists ask dr about restless leg syndrome. I take neurotin for that and no problems anymore.

nan 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 9:25 PM | Locked

All great suggestions but if it persists ask dr about restless leg syndrome. I take neurotin for that and no problems anymore.

nan 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 10:15 PM | Locked

gini:
a glass of wine sounds good right now, i think i will join you

Gini, pour another glass and have one with me. I'm just getting started!!!

Page 79 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 77 78 79 80 81 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use