Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 74 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

quiltylee:

Cards I made today.

Cool, Sukochi! They look great.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:50 PM | Locked

Oh Linda, I'm sorry that you feel so rotten. Get your jammies on and something to settle your stomach.  We will be here when you come back.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:52 PM | Locked

Marie:

chocake2:
And the skunks are out.

Thought that it was time to share my "Skunk Odor Recipe", It really works!!!!!!

1 - 32 oz. bottle of peroxide

1/4 cup baking soda

2 tablespoons Dawn dishwashing detergent, original formular

Mix above together, apply to pet and let set 20 - 30 minutes, then rinse, your pet will be odor free!

Another thing that works well is Downy fabric softener.  Wash dog with it and rinse...smell leaves with it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:03 PM | Locked

Linda, no worries. Just take care of yourself. I hope they can find answers with the EEG for you. So for now, take care of yourself, rest, and get your energy back.  I'm sending you positive energy, prayers and lots of (((((HUGS))))).

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:13 PM | Locked

Wendy, I sent you a PM a few days ago.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:18 PM | Locked

I forgot to mention after dr. today I stopped by joann's again they are like a mi. away from eachother and they had a new template I had not seen before!  It's called creative covers by june tailor looks like my clover cross only solid.  Then when I got home mailman had delivered my new little foot fo my new janome 6600p  I'm ready to start sewing on it now.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,376
Points 48,775
Ginny replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

IS, I don't know if this is a picture of one you did or n example of what can be done, but I like it.  Love the colors.  Glad the Dr put you on a new med for Bp. I was sure the other one should be stopped.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:09 PM | Locked

Yes this is one I did check out my gallery It was the first quilt I added to show and tell.  I'm still very proud of it as I had to call the template people and tell them the template I wanted.  My DH on the other hand says I should have pattoned or whatever you do.  All I know is I contributed to the quilt world in a big way with this one.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 9:54 PM | Locked

Thank you Linda, it's so comforting to know my friends are there for me.  I am so sorry you are going through all of this, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  You take all the time you need to rest up and let the meds work for you, we'll be here to support you if you need us.  ((((( HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,048
Points 169,898
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 9:57 PM | Locked

Very pretty quilt, Is, love the colors!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,074
gini replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 10:01 PM | Locked

pretty quilt, is

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:31 PM | Locked

Is, I checked out your gallery.  Nice quilts.

Today, we finished the taxes!!!   Well at least our part of it.  It takes two accounting firms and our completing a 26 page questionnaire to get it done.  Self employment in a partnership, is the most difficult part. 

Guilt free sewing coming up!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,094
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

DD is doing ok, throat sore, very tired.  Will be heading there in a minute.  DGD3 has her 4th b.day this Saturday and need to get stuff for the party.  I may end up making the cake, which is to be a purple and pink cow.  How she came up w/that is beyond me!  Thankfully I have done cakes and it shouldn't be too hard.  Praying DD is a lot better today.  I am doing better, but am still tired and haven't gotten the binding put on Nolan's quilt yet and we leave a week from today.  Oh well, it is more important to get DD back to normal.  Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 8:58 AM | Locked

My daughter was just accepted into a graduate program in Israel!   She will be moving there in October.  I am excited for her but I will miss her so much!  Better start saving my dollars. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 9:29 AM | Locked

I just read the latest entry of the Wood Ridge Homestead blog I follow. It was about a grandmother who made pinwheel quilts for his grandkids (c. 1950). Of course, she used mostly feed sacks. The quilts were well used and now needed repair. The gal who writes the blog, (can't remember her name at this minute), took the quilt apart, replaced the backing fabric with a like color cotton, replaced the batting, the was worn and separated, wtth a thin batt that was close to the thickness of the original. And, the pinwheels needing replacement were done with a current feedsack fabric reporduction ,similar to what was original to the quilt. Then the whole thing was sandwiched and tied. The quilt had been machine pieced and binding was added, when made originally, back to front. Interesting article.

Bible Study late this aft. Since Ron has a week day job now, we have to meet when he gets off work. I like it better. Though, last week, he noticed that we were all kinda sluggish, and not as inquisitive. Old folks wind down by late afternoon, at least in the South.

Went to a Fabric Shop yesterday, I hadn't been to in a long time. They do mostly upholstery, sell upholstery fabric. fix sewing machines, (had a couple featherwieghts in there), But they, too, have some quilting fabric. Mostly Moda, but lines that are no longer available. Some I have never seen. I bought a half yard of Windham Tavern Times, in the newspaper print. Also a yard of blue Moda Marbles. They have totally beautiful yarns of all kinds. And, some ribbons in silk that was the most gorgeous I have ever seen. It was a skein and about 1/4 inch wide. Felt like soft water to the hand. So light weight. Also pricey, $26.00. Oh, and also had the remaining Go, Baby machines, on sale, half off their retail price of $149. I am hinting around to see if Jim will let me have one. They only have 4 left and when theey are gone, that it. They aren't stocking them anymore. I got a little book of embriodery stitches, and a fat quarter of a beautiful Batik. So, fun day.

Jim's  Aunt just called to thank me for the Easter Post Card I sent her. She said I did so much work and she would keep it forever. She is in her late 80's. She just couldn't thank me enough. made me feel so good. I just love it when y'all and others say the are nice. Though, there is much learning to be done.

Have a blessed day.

Sukochi

Page 74 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 72 73 74 75 76 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use