Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 72 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 70 71 72 73 74 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 5:29 PM | Locked

Very pretty Sukochi!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 7:11 PM | Locked

Sukochi, very pretty postcards

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 8:08 PM | Locked

Finally home from a very long day in town. We bought Jenni a Snugga Wubba (look up Kong toys if you don't know what that is) as her old Wubba finally died. Sprout has already adopted it as his own. Sometimes I think we should just buy all of his toys in the pet dept...

Our family grew today. We came home with 6 new babies to add to the flock in the hen pen!  The kids are exstatic. They already have them all named : Bizcut, Gravy, Dumb Pling, Alfredo, Garbonzo and  ... Bob. Hopefully Jenni will be better about letting them be and they will all grow to adulthood.We also have a great horned owl in the neighborhood to worry about. And the skunks are out... It's a tough time to be a chick.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 9:08 PM | Locked

Has anyone ever done any needle felting?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,050
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 9:11 PM | Locked

CC, sounds like someone was hungry when they started naming the chicks until they got to......Bob.  LOL     Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

quiltylee:

Has anyone ever done any needle felting?

I have a felting machine but have never done it by hand. It's really easy but you can't move the fabric too quickly on the machine or you catch the felting needles and break them. The one by hand looks a lot less complicated and quicker. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Mar 19 2013 9:54 PM | Locked

Ginny:

CC, sounds like someone was hungry when they started naming the chicks until they got to......Bob.  LOL     Ginny

Well, we thought about naming that last one Soup, but  DD has already got a rooster with that name,  We didn't wanna confuse things.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,400
Points 361,107
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 12:25 AM | Locked

Dawn:
DD's removal of stent and stone went fantastic!  She is home and resting.

That's good to hear Dawn. Now I hope you got some rest as well.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,400
Points 361,107
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 12:28 AM | Locked

quiltylee:
Thought you might like to see a post card that was sent TO me from another swapper. It's a stunner!

Yes it is. 

quiltylee:
Cards I made today.

Very nice. The second one is my favourite as I'm desperately looking for spring.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,400
Points 361,107
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 12:30 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Our family grew today. We came home with 6 new babies to add to the flock in the hen pen!  The kids are exstatic. They already have them all named : Bizcut, Gravy, Dumb Pling, Alfredo, Garbonzo and  ... Bob.

Cute names. I love baby chicks. The Tractor Supply Store in town has some that we went to look at over the weekend.

chocake2:
We bought Jenni a Snugga Wubba (look up Kong toys if you don't know what that is) as her old Wubba finally died. Sprout has already adopted it as his own. Sometimes I think we should just buy all of his toys in the pet dept...

LOL.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,629
Points 36,935
ls2116 replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 2:01 AM | Locked

Not much but I did get a felting machine been trying to sell in garage sale for a few years now as I don't use it.  The best descrption I have for them is like painting with fabric.  What i did with mine was have woven fabric on top and then felt under and free hand move fabric it pulls the under fabric to to top. I'd rather be straight sewing .   Never had a lesson on it or maybe I would like it more.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,023
Points 12,975

ls2116:

Not much but I did get a felting machine been trying to sell in garage sale for a few years now as I don't use it.  The best descrption I have for them is like painting with fabric.  What i did with mine was have woven fabric on top and then felt under and free hand move fabric it pulls the under fabric to to top. I'd rather be straight sewing .   Never had a lesson on it or maybe I would like it more.

It's not something you use all the time unless you are a fiber artist. I like the variety and there isn't much that can go wrong with the machine so mine collects dust in between use, which is far between. LOL Once I purchase something I usually don't let go of it. That's why I have four sewing machines, felting machine, serger, quilting frame (both machine and hand) etc. you just can't replace those things sometimes and I float between whims. Someday I might decide I really enjoy fiber rts. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:31 AM | Locked

Frances:
Thank you for asking that question, i was wondering the same thing, see even you are learning Americanisms.

Ha, ha!  Too funny Frances!  I worked in public schools for 34 years and never heard that term.  I think it is distinctly Sandpoint, Idaho-an.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 8:34 AM | Locked

ls2116:
Now i don't have to worry about being battingless!

I guess we could say that now you are downright batty!   :-)

(Sorry - couldn't resist!)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Wed, Mar 20 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

chocake2:
And the skunks are out.

Thought that it was time to share my "Skunk Odor Recipe", It really works!!!!!!

1 - 32 oz. bottle of peroxide

1/4 cup baking soda

2 tablespoons Dawn dishwashing detergent, original formular

Mix above together, apply to pet and let set 20 - 30 minutes, then rinse, your pet will be odor free!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Page 72 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 70 71 72 73 74 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use