Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 62 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 9:55 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
Thea, did your mom not pick up a supplemental policy?  

Nancy, My Mom has a supplemental BCBS policy - not sure exactly why - they do not pay almost anything... disapproved for this reason or that.  I so wish her home would have sold for anything but we have the price now down to what will just pay off her mortgage and the cost of the Real Estate broker.  I am not sure why - can only go by what they have told me - values in the area that she bought her home have gone down - and though she lived there for 12 years...she will not get any of the monies that she put in??? From what I have been told - the house was a disaster - which was true - the 12 years she lived there - the only time it was cleaned was when I came to visit and cleaned while I was there... the roof needs to be replaced - I had been told that it would just need a patch in the back area but they are now saying it needs full replacement and after my DB wiped out her bank accounts there was nothing left and I am not able to borrow the money to put on a new roof... I was willing if it selling it would have paid off the loan we would have taken out - but the RE agent says even with a new roof he would not be able to get that amount of money for it... 

I don't have the time to just leave it on the market and it is a big drain on her income - so for now we are hoping that this sale goes through and that it doesn't drain her anymore...we had decided that if it didn't see with this offer that we are just going to let the bank take it back - that way at least the money she has coming in will cover her expenses that she has incrued so far with the hospital charges in October and now in January.  

The laws from what they have told me have changed so much and what was once covered is not covered anymore.  It is a big stresser for me - as is shown in the fact I have lost now almost 60 pounds this year.  My pain levels which I normall can handle have climbed exponentially and the things that normally just roll off my back are hurting me to the core.  I am trying very hard to keep it together and do what I need to do... but 

My Mom doesn't want to live - she doesn't want to try and do anything to help herself - she is as mean to me when I visit her that I hate going there - and I am the only one that she has that is "dumb" enough to take on what needs to be done.  She would never be Mother of the year but she was Teacher of the Year and she wrote a book that got wonderful awards... but as far as her children were concerned - well they could take care of themselves...

I so do not want to whine or cry about this - it has made me a different person then she was - I did not treat my son in any of the ways that I was treated... and I will do the best that I can do for her - it is really hard though... so if I seem off - please understand - right now I just can't take anymore... 

MNnancy:
 Growing old certainly isn't an inexpensive proposition! 

No it isn't - and we all need to take notice of this now and take the steps to protect ourselves and our children.  Houses that used to be a good investment are turning out not to be... my eyes have truly been opened in that regard... 

I will pick myself up this morning and dust my britches off and be okay - just overwhelmed for a few minutes...I visited my Mom this morning and she was nothing if not her normal nasty self... and I did smile and take it as long as I could... 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,140
Points 14,755
Dawn replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:31 AM | Locked

Joyce, so very sorry about your loss.  Please know that I am praying for you, for peace and comfort.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:32 AM | Locked

Thea,

I wish i could wave my magic wand and make it better for you, i reallly do all i can send is a hug but it is a very big hug.

We all love you lots honey.

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 12:04 PM | Locked

Thea, I am so sorry that your mom's house has not sold. We had a time trying to sell DMIL's house in 2012. It was in modle home shape, even looked like a model home with her beautiful furniture and window treatments. We dropped the price to the lowest we could afford. It sold with ALL the funriture. Everything none of us wanted stayed in that house. The lady who bought it was so tickled with it. Same little lady like DMIl. She was tiny thin, dressed well and such a Southern belle. Turned out we were happy with the whole thing, even though we took a bath on it.

I have been lurking for quite awile. I have a huge problem with allowing others to hurt my feeling, though they might not even known they were. I read a devotional today that changed my feelings. So, like it or not, I have returned.

Sounds like all have been busy, busy. We have a beautiful Spring day here. The sun is shining, temps warm, and the birds are singing their hearts out.

My post card swaping has taken on a life of it's own. I have having so much fun. And, learning new mixed media techniques. Got a great bargain on some self-inked letter stamps that will work great on the post cards.

Diana, the pics from the show are just beautiful. I thought of Kris when I saw the Egret one. And didn't spot the Egret till you mentioned it. Sure are some beautiful quilts.

Have a great day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,481
Points 244,382
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 1:12 PM | Locked

quiltylee:
Thea, I am so sorry that your mom's house has not sold. We had a time trying to sell DMIL's house in 2012.
 We have an offer right now on Mom's home and like you we are taking a bath - she has lost so much money but what am I to do - I just don't know and there is no one there to do anything - so we are hoping that by getting out and not keeping hold of it that she can pay her bills that she has accrued here - I just don't know what we will do if they reject her from the program she is in right now - she can't afford to live at that NH and pay for it herself and I am a diabled vet and my income doesn't come near what is needed to pay for her care... DH and I are paying our bills and getting caught back up from his being laid off for almost a year... I am hopeful that this sale goes through and that part of our problems will be gone but until it is I am not going to count it as done... I never count my chickens ahead of time...

I am resting now after sewing this morning and getting a lot done... more later....

Good sunlight from Oklahoma and sending warmth to all that are cold today!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,140
Points 14,755
Dawn replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 1:15 PM | Locked

Wish I were quilting to celebrate National Quilting Day, but I am too tired.  DD found out last Sunday that she had a kidney stone.  ER doc sent her home w/pain meds and anti-nausea pills.  The thing measures 7mm.  So, I have spent the week taking care of her and the kids.  She went to family dr and he set her up w/urologist and he said that there was no way she was passing that thing, too big.  ER doctors.  Sheesh!  She went on Sunday and they say to avoid the ER on the weekends, guess they are right.  But anyway, she got a stent in yesterday and on Tuesday they will remove the stent and the stone. 

I have gotten the laundry caught up and the dishes.  We have a 50th anniversary party to attend.  Almost don't want to go, but they are such dear friends.  Gotta stop by Wal-Mart and get some junk too.  DH has a stop to make too, while we are in town.  I feel like I have been run over by a truck.  So glad I had my kids while I was young.  :-)  Everyone have a great day!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 1:53 PM | Locked

No quilting for Mom today - just thinking about it will have to be enough. Sprout has Daddy's virus. He's running with boogers and a fever again. Geez. When will winter ever end and take the germs with it?

'Got my squishy yesterday. I ordered it Thursday. I LOVE the dragon batik panel I ordered. Can't wait to whip that wallhanging out!

Bro made a comment about his friend making a mariner's compass and all of a sudden I know what to do with 'that' fabric that we had to buy but I had no plans for... Like i have time to take on another project right now. *Sigh*

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 4:00 PM | Locked

Joyce,I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 9:50 PM | Locked

Hi all I just made it back from nieces awesome wedding.  Tuckered out is an understatement.  Hope everyone is doing fair to midland.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:08 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I'm so glad to hear from you! I've missed seeing you around!  Will you post some pictures of your postcards?

has anyone heard from Chicagosigner in the last month or so? I haven't seen any posts and am concerned.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:22 PM | Locked

So glad you made it through all of the festivities, IS.   It's been quiet.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:23 PM | Locked

Nancy, I went to Gruber's about three years ago when I went to the quilt show in St Cloud. I'm hoping to go to the one in Duluth this coming June. Yes I definitively want to meet you. I just need to feel my toes again as it was ccccold in Bemidji today. Near 0 all day. I got backing for my mom's quilts ...yeah! And for my baby girl quilt too. I also found a very nice top for work at CJBanks...on sale. And some bed sheets too! All in all a great shopping day with tons of laughs and a good time. To be sure as soon as I can set DH to go on a road trip, I'll contact you.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,544
Points 25,980
Debbie replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:32 PM | Locked

Gosh, so much heartbreak going on -

Joyce - sorry to hear about your Mom but she is in a far better place and some of these posts give testimony to that.

Thea - sending prayers your way for your Mom, that she'll appreciate what she's got and the house sale will work out for the best.  Your Mom sounds like my DMIL - she's at least at home but in lots of pain, needs surgery and not in health to have it and ready to go but for some reason God keeps her here.  Makes you wonder doesn't it!

Chocake 2 - hope everyone in the family will be well soon.  We need nice spring weather all over so we can get rid of all these viruses.

Dawn - hope DD gets to feeling better.  never had kidney stone but doesn't sound fun for sure. 

went grocery shopping and bought a new notebook for me, mine is on its final legs.  just hope I can still sell it, have a place that will buy them.  and then went and saw Oz, really good, best 3D ever seen. 

Hoping tomorrow will be better for everyone and you all have a good night's sleep. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:50 PM | Locked

Thea, as hard as it is to see your Mom quitting on life, she has no right  to be mean to you. You need to let her know that you are leaving because obviously you can see she rather be alone as she is treating you badly  and that you just had enough.  Maybe she needs to hear you say the words that you love her but not the way she treats you. This stress is really not good for you. You need some stress free days to gain your energy back so you can go enjoy this new baby.  Please take care of yourself. When Mom started being mean to us, we had to sit and tell her, you are pushing us away. If you continue to be mean to Dad and us, he will move in with brother no1 and you can stay in the house, but there is no way we will continue to take it all and not say anything. I know she was afraid and that her meds were doing weird things, but she needed to know that she really had gone too far. The home care people we had going to help all wanted to quit. I guess sometimes, they just need to know that our love and caring does have a breaking point. I pray that she hears you and gets it in her head that you cannot care for her unless she helps herself. I pray that The Lord guides you on a calmer road, as the one you have been following for the last year has been quite rocky.

i pray that your mom's house sells quickly so you can reduce  some of your stress. (((HUGS))) 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:42 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

Talking of your postcards have you seen the March/April addition of Mccalls Quilting in there they have a Floating Postcard block thought it might work well for you on your postcards.

What do you think honey.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Page 62 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 60 61 62 63 64 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use