Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 61 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,900
Points 69,285
Bonita replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:31 PM | Locked

Joyce, I'm so sorry for your loss. Take comfort that you got to say your goodbyes and just remember all the good times.T&P are for you and your family. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,915
Points 41,005
ls2116 replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:31 PM | Locked

Joyce, I'm so sorry.  Thank the lord though that he has taken her home,  no more enduring the sufferying let her spirit soar freely into the heavenly home.  Get some much needed rest.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

My deepest sympathies, Joyce...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:11 PM | Locked

Joyce

So sorry for your loss.   remember to take care of yourself during this difficult time.   What part of WV?  My DH is from there

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:53 PM | Locked

Joyce:
My mom is on hospice in the hospital since yesterday.  They only give her a short time left.
                                                Joyce, So sorry you have to see your Mom like this. Let the tears flow, its letting go and that is so hard. A Navy Chaplin told me once tears are(" God,s way of healing a broken heart") Losing are Mom can be very difficult especially when we watch them suffering. I went through a similar situation with my Mom and it heart wrenching . I am and will pray for both of you for God,s grace to see you through this. Hugs, Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,345
Christine replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

Joyce:

Hello Is and all the QCA group.  Wanted to update you my MOM went to be with the Lord last night.  I got a call from the hospital about 2:30 am that she had gone.  I wasn't expecting it this quick.  They kept saying 24 to 48 hours.  But I did spend the day with her yesterday and said my goodbyes.  She knew I loved her.  So today has been spent going to the funeral home, the nursing home to pick up some photos & important things, her clothes I donated to other patients there that might need them.  We will have a viewing tomorrow here in Md. for a short one then Sun. the funeral home will transport her back to W.Va. for the funeral there on Mon.     Thank you all for your prayers.  Right now I feel like a zombie so I'm going to try to lay down if the phone will let me. ha  God Bless you all.

Joyce

I'm so sorry to hear the news, I'll be thinking of you the next few days. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:33 PM | Locked

Joyce:
Wanted to update you my MOM went to be with the Lord last night.

My condolences Joyce. I'm glad you got to spend the day with her before she departed this life.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:39 PM | Locked

Joyce,

I am so sorry for your loss, God bless you and your family.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:55 PM | Locked

Happy National Quilting Day everyone. I hope you all get some good quality quilting time today.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

Thanks Kris and same to you.  Well maybe quilting is not totally in the cards for me but shopping is...my friend and I decided to leave town and go shopping "accross the river" meaning we are going in Minnesota to shop in a bigger city...my first outing since the beginning of March break.  Well there is only 48 hours left so I better do something more exciting than walk and clean and sew, well I could definitely sew all day but my excuse is that I need backing for my Mom's quilt that I forgot I had to quilt...hihihi. She asked me how I was doing on them last week...I answered fine.  My brain was thinking darn how could I forget those?  I thought they were for the grands...noooo they are tents! Almost 100 inches! What did I get myself into!  Well I can't send them to a long arm quilter as they are the last ones my Mom could make independently. So I have the back of one ready to put together.  And I need to shop for more backing today. So that is my mission. Wish me luck! 

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,708
Points 248,357
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 7:49 AM | Locked

Angele:
What did I get myself into!

Angele - have sent up a prayer for inspiration for you today during your shopping trip in MN... Oh just think some day I will live in that state... To tell the truth right now after talking to my DDIL yesterday I am not sure I am ready to move to the cold north... it was 80 degrees here in Ok and she said it was a wonderful 29 there... Oh my... but I'll have my house up there insulated to the hilt and warm and toasty inside so I won't have to worry about the cold outside... Warm feelings will abound in my house which on any given day will be filled with my Grand kids... Just the thought of that makes me excited.

I know on the eve of Joyce's sad news it is so sad but I heard some good news about my Mom... although she still can't remember a couple days of memory she is doing better - she actually walked twice for a goodly distance yesterday and the infection that she had in her leg is 50% better... So maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  The Lord knew that I needed some good news to take away the stress.  I have hopes - although the bills for this hospital stay are starting to pile up - they will get what she can pay each month and have to settle with that.

For all getting ready to go on Medicare... i wish you a lot of luck... My Mom only signed up for hospital stays - and last June when she had her stroke all was covered... now with the new laws and changes to Medicare no physicians are paid for their services while she is in the hospital... so she is required to pay for them herself... so far that bill is over $5000... how do they think our senior citizens are supposed to do this I have no idea... i do not understand any of it but have to learn - although believe me right now I have no will to learn... and no money to get a lawyer to learn it for me.  I'll just pay what she can out of her account each month and the credit letters - well there is file 13 for those...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,708
Points 248,357
Thea replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 7:49 AM | Locked

Angele:
What did I get myself into!

Angele - have sent up a prayer for inspiration for you today during your shopping trip in MN... Oh just think some day I will live in that state... To tell the truth right now after talking to my DDIL yesterday I am not sure I am ready to move to the cold north... it was 80 degrees here in Ok and she said it was a wonderful 29 there... Oh my... but I'll have my house up there insulated to the hilt and warm and toasty inside so I won't have to worry about the cold outside... Warm feelings will abound in my house which on any given day will be filled with my Grand kids... Just the thought of that makes me excited.

I know on the eve of Joyce's sad news it is so sad but I heard some good news about my Mom... although she still can't remember a couple days of memory she is doing better - she actually walked twice for a goodly distance yesterday and the infection that she had in her leg is 50% better... So maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  The Lord knew that I needed some good news to take away the stress.  I have hopes - although the bills for this hospital stay are starting to pile up - they will get what she can pay each month and have to settle with that.

For all getting ready to go on Medicare... i wish you a lot of luck... My Mom only signed up for hospital stays - and last June when she had her stroke all was covered... now with the new laws and changes to Medicare no physicians are paid for their services while she is in the hospital... so she is required to pay for them herself... so far that bill is over $5000... how do they think our senior citizens are supposed to do this I have no idea... i do not understand any of it but have to learn - although believe me right now I have no will to learn... and no money to get a lawyer to learn it for me.  I'll just pay what she can out of her account each month and the credit letters - well there is file 13 for those...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 7:52 AM | Locked

Angele, I suppose you are only going as far as Bemidji again.  Sometime when the whether is nicer we'll have to meet up in Walker or something.  We do have four sweet quilt shops in the Brainerd area, but they are on the smallish side.  Have you ever been to Perham, MN?  There's a wonderful shop there that I try to get to once or twice a year.  And Gruber's in St. Cloud is HUGE and has a great selection, but that might be a heck of a drive for you.  If you'd ever care to stay here, we could do a mini shop-hop using my home as base camp.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 7:55 AM | Locked

Thanks Thea, I need all the inspiration... Here it was a balmy 20F brrrrr. I agree. I'm glad your Mom is on her way to recovery. Your health system confuses me. I would think that health care should be free for our seniors who earn less than a certain amount.  What does the government think? No one can grow money on trees.  Well hopefully her house will sell and God will help you see a solution. Stay warm! (((HUGS)))

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 8:01 AM | Locked

Thea:
My Mom only signed up for hospital stays - and last June when she had her stroke all was covered... now with the new laws and changes to Medicare no physicians are paid for their services while she is in the hospital... so she is required to pay for them herself... so far that bill is over $5000

Thea, did your mom not pick up a supplemental policy?  When I was caring for my mom, we were able to get her supplemental coverage for under $200 a month.  It picked up most of the medical costs that Medicare did not cover and was well worth the price!  It didn't cover the cost of the nursing home itself during her last year, but like you, we sold her home to manage that expense.  Growing old certainly isn't an inexpensive proposition! 

Page 61 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 59 60 61 62 63 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use