Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 58 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,062
Kris replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 1:51 AM | Locked

LOL Frances. I'm not much in the kitchen so it would be interesting.

I've copied the recipe maybe this weekend.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 3:36 AM | Locked

Frances:
Clare we can get tiger rolls as well but now you have me wondering what is Chia bread?

Frances

Chia seeds come from a plant and are high in omega 3 fatty acids and are supposed to be good for you. You can put them in all sorts of things but I only have the chia bread. There is a range of bread shops here that are called Bakers Delight and their bread is really great - a bit more expensive then the supermarket but considering the amount of bread that I eat, it's worth it.

Clare

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:37 AM | Locked

Hi Gang,    It's been a very lazy couple days after the 2 day drive home from Branson.  My right hip has decided to be grumpy.  I'm taking Aleve to try to get the swelling down.  I've got a quilt almost finished tied down in my studio.  I started putting some things away yesterday, but think I sat in recliner with massage and heat instead.   I may find everything soon.....lol  Today my cleaning lady comes so I don't have to deal with mopping and vacuuming. 

Diana in East Tn.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:55 AM | Locked

Not doing too much today.  This morning I assembled most of Nephews quilt top little more to go.

I might call dr. I have a migraine .

Missed Joyce post   i'll try to find it..  Hope everything ok.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 11:12 AM | Locked

Joni I didn't even notice that but now that you mentioned I see it. I designed using my eq7 .  My nephew will think its cool even with the snake look but I was striving for was like a magic carpet with applique tassles on top and bottom border.  Thank you for noticing quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 1:07 PM | Locked

Is the quilt top is looking fab. Very bright and vibrant,

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks not really commenting but reading your posts.

So hop I get this right!

Joyce and Thea hope things sort themselves out with your Mum's/

Francis I love the look of tiger bread but don't even contemplate it as I am sure I would eat the whole loaf. I have to stop myself eating bread as I can be greedy and I need ti keep on the straight and narrow in the diet stakes! Son's wedding is in 7 weeks and the outfit I bought is a little snug ( or as DH put it I have a 2 inch roll of fat showing at the back) not very tactful!! I think I will look for some supportive underwear and see if that does the trick. I have lost 17lbs but obviously need to lose and extra 2 inches of fat off my middle!!!!

Am giving my son and future DIL their quilt on Sunday so will post a picture then I am really pleased with it hope they like it.

Big hugs to the sick and poorly ones amongst you. ( puppies etc included)

XXXXX

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 2:26 PM | Locked

Lesley,

I thought you hadnt been on the boards lately, Since we live at different ends of the UK im ok to make the Tiger bread since your too far away to be tempted from that distance. Since your obviously really good at losing weight can i give you my excess because im really crap at it, it probably doesnt help that i  am happiest when im in the kitchen.

Yep your DH is not very tactful, but i bet hes similar to a lot of others wonderful just not very tactful.

Cant wait to see your quilt.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 3:21 PM | Locked

Frances:

Lesley,

Yep your DH is not very tactful, but i bet hes similar to a lot of others wonderful just not very tactful.

lots of love

Francesxx

It's just a matter of teaching them the right  nomenclature, Sam remembers most of the time to refer to my rolls as love handles.  Better that, than fat rolls, I think.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 3:21 PM | Locked

Francis I am having enough problem shifting the excess I have so thanks but no thanks. I love to cook and have to admit I have had a sneaky cupcake today. Made them on Sunday for Mother's Day as my DIL loves cakes of any description unfortunately she didn't make it for lunch as DS forgot to take any home so we have to eat them ( oh dear what a shame!!)

Trying to sort out car insurance for both of us what a pain!!

x

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:13 AM | Locked

gini:

Frances:

Lesley,

lots of love

Francesxx

It's just a matter of teaching them the right  nomenclature, Sam remembers most of the time to refer to my rolls as love handles.  Better that, than fat rolls, I think.

Gini much better at least youve trained him right, but i bet it took a long time.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:26 AM | Locked

Christine:

I received a disturbing phone call this morning, a neighbor called to tell me she found a dog near death on Sat. night.  She called me because we found a dog near death on Christmas night.  Both dogs are purebred, and had been nursing puppies.  Both were filthy, parasite and flea-ridden and you could see their ribs.  And both would cower if your hand went near their head.

I called the sheriff's office a few minutes ago to make a report of a possible puppy mill in the area.  Poor little things, we kept our dog and she's the happiest little girl, so sweet.  We thought she was an older dog, but within a couple days, after getting food into her, she showed us she was really a puppy.  I looked in her mouth and some of her teeth hadn't errupted yet. 

I know some of you have dogs, isn't this just awful?  People can be so cruel sometimes.

Christine, my Indy is a Havanese rescue dog from a puppy mill. I got him in March...3 months before his 2nd birthday. Trying to housebreak a 2 yr. old puppy is hard. I'm so happy that I have a carpet shampooer because it gets used several times a week. Sometimes he will use peepee pads, but not very often. But he's catching on on how to tell me he needs to go outside. He also has separation anxiety. So if anyone wants to adopt a rescue dog be prepared for a lot of problems, but most of all be prepared to give them a lot of love. They have had a terrible life so far and don't know how to act any other way. It's up to you to teach him, and I advise getting a good trainer because these dogs have no obedience training at all. In the short time I've had Indy, he has come a long way with the help of a trainer, who also trains me. It's a 2 way street especially with the separation anxiety. I've had to learn when I come home to totally ignore him until he settles down. Last year while I was at retreat, Indy went to the trainer's boot camp. He participated with large dogs and he kept up with them. He was tired at  the end of the day. But he passed boot camp and earned his service dog badge. I am so proud of him to accomplish that in such a short period of time after being rescued. As soon as we determine my needs we will begin phase 2 of our training.

Yes it's awful and cruel what people in puppy mills do. If you find a puppy mill, please report them to ASPCA or the nearest animal shelter in your area. Puppy mills are inhumane and need to be stopped. Now! OK, I'll get off my soapbox, but I feel very strongly about this.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 5:52 AM | Locked

ls2116:

I haven't seen any tiger bread in my area.

Hallejlujah and amen and thank you for prayers I hand fed food  and vet meds my pup is having turn around she is standing walking wagging tail again after two doses and me being half grand out could have gotten another sewing machine with that money but i think she is going to be ok.

I'm going to cut sashing material for nephews quilt today just so i feel like i'm making progress.

Is, did you have a pattern for this? I love it!

Hugs, Linda

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:26 AM | Locked

Linda no pattern just my EQ7 that helped me.  I decided where i wanted what colors.  I'm so glad I only have two more strips on border to add then it will be done in time for me to switch gears and think MQ8. Thanks for noticing.

It also saddens me angers me about those puppy mills you were talking about!  

Never did shop for new outfit for nieces wedding this weekend ,  oh well its only one day .  Just hoping and praying to get past wedding before any bad phone call on FIL things are not going well.  They were unable to put in feeding tube this time and are back to thinking intestine is twisted. 

Everyone have a great day today in some special way.  I see the sun that is special for me right now.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:46 AM | Locked

Is,  I hope you have a great day and that there is no drama added to your niece's wedding plans.  As far as not getting something special to wear, I bet you already have something great in your wardrobe to wear.  Sounds like you have been going lickety-split on your nephew's quilt.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:33 PM | Locked

IS your quilt looks great. I am sending prayers your way so the docs can find what is wrong with your DFIL.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 58 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 56 57 58 59 60 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use