Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 54 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:18 PM | Locked

Joyce:
Finally talked to the dr. and mom is declining.  Talking about hospice and a feeding tube.  Her white blood count is very high, she has pneumonia, sepsis, UTI and can't swallow.  All these things together the dr. doesn't know if she will stand the surgery for a feeding tube.  She had been sedated last night as they have to do a deep suction on her every few hours.

Joyce,

so sorry. Hugs.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 10:39 PM | Locked

Joyce:

Today DH and I spent half the day at the hospital with my mom.  Finally talked to the dr. and mom is declining.  Talking about hospice and a feeding tube.  Her white blood count is very high, she has pneumonia, sepsis, UTI and can't swallow.  All these things together the dr. doesn't know if she will stand the surgery for a feeding tube.  She had been sedated last night as they have to do a deep suction on her every few hours.  Called my DB in NC and gave him all the info. not sure if he is coming up or not.  I really don't want to make these decisions alone.  But I have made them all the past 2 years.  Just praying that the Lord won't let her linger and suffer.  

Then yesterday I dropped a bottle of diet coke on my big toe and had it xrayed today.  No fx. but I'm in a shoe/boot until the lump goes down and my reg. shoe won't be so uncomfortable.  I have always been such a graceful gerty. ha

Joyce

Joyce, My heart goes out to you - I have been dealing with a decling Mom for about a year now.  I know how you feel about the lingering and suffering.  Sitting in the NH with Mom I see so many women that have no idea where they are at all - they are wheeled around in their chairs - fed - diapered.  I was talking to a nurse and said it just doesn't seem fair.  My Mom is able to be up and about although she still can't walk on the leg and they are not sure what is going on with it.  It is discolored again and although the xrays do not show a new brake in the hip both the PT and the nurses say that the way it is turning in that that is what they would say is happening.  We aren't sure too if she is rejecting the rod they put in - hadn't heard that that happens but guess it might be - they diagnosed something similar to cellulits but not cellulitis - it was  a long name that I had not heard before.  

my prayers are with you and your family and a special prayer for your Mom.  I so empathize with you - I know how hard it is to make any of the decisions that have to be made.  Take time - deep breaths and try as much as possible to relax and get rest.  I am so so sorry that you are going through this.  Take care of that big toe... no more dropping cans on it... if that had been me there definitely would have been a fracture - can't walk without braking a bone and that boot and my foot are regular partners.  Take care... please...May God at this time wrap you in his warm and comfortable arms.  Amen...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:23 AM | Locked

Joyce:

Frances I just made yorkshire puddings last week with a roast and the fixings.  Friends were over the pond here a couple of summers ago and he retaught me how to make them.  Mine were not turning out like his were.  Now I'm doing better.  My family loves them with a roast.  

Joyce

Joyce i cheat idont make yorkshire puddings from scratch i but them pre made and just bung them in the oven for 3 mins, but i do make toad in the hole (do you have that)

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:24 AM | Locked

CC your bracelets are wonderful, you are so talented.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:27 AM | Locked

Is prayers for you and your little one.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 12:31 AM | Locked

Joyce,

My thoughts and prayers are with your family and your Mum, im sending a hug as well but since its coming from England it might take a few minutes to get there.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 1:31 AM | Locked

Thea with my Fil at one point broke hip/femur the materials they put in were not right size dr. even told us family it was sloppy.  They fell apart  after setting leg wrong to walk one foot pointed out like 5th position ballet which jutted his hip to one side,  these things at least from this experience can come apart.  My hanndicap neighbor a few years back had alot of pain after breaking hip and i told her about fil she then got her dr. to xray same thing which they removed hardware as her bones healed.  She is 74 very independant and acts like a mom to me.  She walks unasisted and even still drives.  She amazes me.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 655
Points 11,290
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 3:01 AM | Locked

I just bought the Brother PE -770

It's a used one for a good price, I sure hope I did the right thing. I saw one at the store for $800.00, this was less but then I saw it new online for a little more than it was listed for.    

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 655
Points 11,290
zoetc49 replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 3:02 AM | Locked

Prayers going out to you for strength

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 145
MimiSC replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 7:02 AM | Locked

My Mom (89 years old and is visiting me in S. Carolina from Michigan) and I are planning to spend this week quilting for family and making Easter pillow cases for her great-grandchildren ... FUN !!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

Okay girls can i ask a question do you have Tiger Bread (you might not call it that, but thats what we call it) this is what it looks like

Over here we have it in our supermarkets its very popular i think ive found a recipe for it but i wondered if any of you had one.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 7:44 AM | Locked

I haven't seen any tiger bread in my area.

Hallejlujah and amen and thank you for prayers I hand fed food  and vet meds my pup is having turn around she is standing walking wagging tail again after two doses and me being half grand out could have gotten another sewing machine with that money but i think she is going to be ok.

I'm going to cut sashing material for nephews quilt today just so i feel like i'm making progress.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,609
Points 52,070
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:00 AM | Locked

Kris, both were happening at the same time.  I think what has happened is that critters ( raccoons and woodchucks got the fencing around the deck pulled and dug a hole right under the backdoor entrance.  At least that is what happened years ago.  Plus the fact that I am just going to have to have the lower backyard regraded to prevent this.  I live on a hill- actually mid way down the hill so the water wants to stop in and visit.   It finally let up some late last night when the rain stopped and the weather started turning colder again.  Today we might get some s**w flakes again.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:02 AM | Locked

Thought that was a big snake at first glance!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 8:04 AM | Locked

Oh how I love yorkshire pudding, always make with a Prime rib...but must admit it has been several years.

Page 54 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 52 53 54 55 56 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use