Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 51 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sat, Mar 9 2013 11:49 PM | Locked

ls2116:

well i just pulled out the flashlight for look at throat.  I'll definitely be heading back to dr. next week.  Could be strep.  I know I  really do share too much .

Sat and turned on my machine for the first time 6600 that was fun.

My family is just now getting over this sore throat virus.  It does feel like strep, but it's only a virus.  The sore throat can be relieved by decongestants or antihistamines, those worked for us.  Airborne also helps to make the symptoms less severe.  Once the sore throat goes away it morphs into a cold and then larangitis.  It lasts about 2 weeks.  I waited a full 8 days before I went to the doc, only to have him look at my throat, and sinuses and be told it's a virus.  Hang in there!  I'll be glad when warm weather arrives!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:25 AM | Locked

oh! chocake I"M sorry my error.  Kris then I really liked the plaid in Farmers Wife. 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 3:29 AM | Locked

joyce, I 'm sorry to hear about your mom, i'm hoping that she has fast recovery. Remember were here for you when you need to chat.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 1:41 PM | Locked

Joyce,

prayers for your mother; and you as well.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 10:55 PM | Locked

Tonight I went to hospital to visit FIL,  and BIL has chosen Home healthcare with the thought he can opt for hospice at later time.  FIL didn't talk but did alot of gesturing.

I was totally worn out by the time I got home.

I'm fretting about wedding this weekend 200 people and just have no idea what to wear.  I might go shopping tomorrow.

Next Mon. I'm suppose to get a crown but don't know if I should postpone with all the meds I've been on don't want more reaction to oxide.

Today we had a very warm day in michigan!

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 5:41 AM | Locked

I've lost track of all the people on the sick list. Wow! You are added to my ever growing prayer list. May God comfort you and give you peace. And you can add me to the list. Had brain MRI Thursday...I actually have a brain!!! But it didn't show that I had a stroke...good news. Now I have to go back to my regular neurologist for autonomic testing. They are trying to figure out why all of a sudden I'm leaning to the left, falling down so much, dropping things, and running into things. I have tremors in my hands, ticks in my face, and much weakness in my left arm and hand.

I'm still sewing like crazy getting ready for retreat in June and making quilts for the retreat center in AZ. I just finished a Lord is my Shepherd wall hanging for my Pastor and even hand quilted. I think I won't be hand quilting anymore with my hands having tremors so bad. Of late I'm not getting my afternoon naps, and I'm beginning to feel it. So somehow I need to slow down and still keep on schedule to get everything done by June 19.

Today I have a quilt guild meeting and I have lots of show and tell today. I joined just to get out of the house for a couple hours a month. It's a very small group and my highlight of the day.

Marie, that baby is just far too cute. You make an adorable pair. I think you two bonded from minute one!! You will have to keep us updated on his progress...like we could stop you!!

My tummy is telling me it's breakfast time. So away I go to the kitchen. Later everyone. Have a great quilty day. Hugs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 8:44 AM | Locked

IS,  Hopefully home health care will work out for FIL.  Your BIL is right that he can opt fpr hospice if he sees the home health isn't working out.    I hope you find something stunning to wear to the wedding .   Good luck with all of the choices you have to dcide on in the coming week,---- and take time to relax about everything.   It will all work out as it's supposed to.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 9:23 AM | Locked

Marie

Fantastic picture of you and adorable Tyler!  He is definitely a keeper!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,041
Points 169,863
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 11:35 AM | Locked

Jacy, Nancy, Elaine, Linda and Joni, thank you for your kind comments about Tyler and his Gram.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:12 PM | Locked

First day of not going to work, it feels a bit weird at the moment, still ive been busy polishing furniture, cleaning out the food cupboards in the kitchen and this afternoon working on my EPP and watching a gardening DVD its very cold today and tommorrow still cold and maybe some more snow i want spring to come so i can work out in the garden ive got lots of bulbs and seeds to sow and plant, so girls if you can push spring over in my direction i sure would appreciate it, right now im off to cook Dinner which tonight is Roast pork, Roast Potatoes, Carrots and Yorkshire Puddings with Semolina for pudding.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:17 PM | Locked

Ginny I'm trying to slow down and relax but life just isn't cooperating.

Linda thoughts of swift recovery and prayers are enroute to you.

My pup is having problems second day not eating acting lethargic might have temp.  Going to vet today.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:53 PM | Locked

I received a disturbing phone call this morning, a neighbor called to tell me she found a dog near death on Sat. night.  She called me because we found a dog near death on Christmas night.  Both dogs are purebred, and had been nursing puppies.  Both were filthy, parasite and flea-ridden and you could see their ribs.  And both would cower if your hand went near their head.

I called the sheriff's office a few minutes ago to make a report of a possible puppy mill in the area.  Poor little things, we kept our dog and she's the happiest little girl, so sweet.  We thought she was an older dog, but within a couple days, after getting food into her, she showed us she was really a puppy.  I looked in her mouth and some of her teeth hadn't errupted yet. 

I know some of you have dogs, isn't this just awful?  People can be so cruel sometimes.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 12:58 PM | Locked

I forgot to add, my neighbor took the dog she found to the vet emergency room Sat. night.  The vet said she was about 4 yrs old, and had multiple litters in her short little life.  This dog was a purebred pit bull, blue in color.  That color brings in the highest dollar amount.  A puppy mill was shut down last August in a county nearby, looks like we have another one near us now. I hope we find these monsters whereever they are.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:15 PM | Locked

Christine:
Poor little things, we kept our dog and she's the happiest little girl, so sweet.

Is it the cute little dog in your profile picture?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 1:25 PM | Locked

Praying they can catch whoever is abandoning dogs in your area Christine.  So sad.

Dh brought home a fresh virus so he's been in bed pretty much since he got home. Sprout's nose is running off without him and I suspect I am getting it, too. I just made us a bowl of Tator/Leek soup and tossed in some garlic for good measure. Hopefully that will help boost the ol' immune systems and put that retched germ on the run!

Haven't had much time to sew since hubby got back, but I have snatched a few minutes here and there to put some beads to use. I now have a glitzy winter charm braclet with snow flakes and penguins, and another one with Cheese and Quackers.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 51 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 49 50 51 52 53 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use