Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 47 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:56 PM | Locked

For now I'm still here.  FIL moving to Nursing home soon .  went to bank today ,  I have to be patient for the matter to be resolved.  I'm not good at patient.  Been spending time editing accounts of people using my computer.  I have tech in family and am suspicous of  everything. I don't think it has anything to do with this site or at least I hope not.  Anybody know if their posts in forums are done by f   t or the little icon that is orange on bottom .  

Thoughts & prayers with everyone.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,302
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:56 AM | Locked

ls2116:
 Anybody know if their posts in forums are done by f   t or the little icon that is orange on bottom .

Not sure what you mean Is.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:10 AM | Locked

when you go to post there is a f for facebook t for twitter I have no idea what the orange icon is that looks like a speaker then there is pinterest. I guess I should get in to touch with admin to ask her.  just wondering which company puts out my posts hope everything is good with everyone and their busy making quilts.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,822
Points 248,589
Barbara replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:16 AM | Locked

Susie ,you and your family are in my thought and prayers .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380
Kristin (KAlbrecht) replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:20 AM | Locked

Hi all --

Remember when I posted that I was feeling better following my visit to hotel hospital.  Well, it turns out, I wasn't.  I probably sound like a broken record but I am healthy now . . . I PROMISE!!!!!

I probably sound like a broken record but I am healthy now . . . I PROMISE.

It turns out the problem I had a couple weeks back and then again last week was not my anxiety and stress, although I think those played a part.  It turns out I was having an allergic reaction to some new Parkinson's meds that we were trying.  The doctor started me on the meds on January 25 and as I look back at the month of February, I was declining in health all month.  It is now resolved.  I PROMISE!  Man, that was nasty!  Now that my head is clear I can think again and knowing how I've been the last 3 - 4 weeks it's kind of embarrassing. 

I'm on meds for cancer, depression and Parkinson's.  It seems the dopamine agonists react negatively with my cancer meds.  Now it's a matter of figuring out what to do.  I am completely off the Parkinson's meds now.  It might take a few days for the effects to totally subside but I am finally a functional human being again.  What aggravates me is that the medical community looks at some FDA generated literature and says "this medicine doesn't cause that".  Well, I'm living proof that just because one medicine doesn't cause a side effect, it doesn't mean that the interaction with another doesn't cause it.

I've always complained to my oncologist that ever since my first days of chemotherapy my body just doesn't metabolize medicine the same way it used to.  I don't know if that's a function of the liver, or what.  Drugs that I know I used to take before my cancer days started, I am not able to take anymore . . . they cause problems . . . I either get physically ill or they mess with my head.  For instance, Coumadin.  I had to have it after my first cancer surgery.  They gave me the generic . . . Warfarin . . . and it worked fine.  After my second cancer surgery they gave me Warfarin again and my tongue and throat swelled up so I couldn't breathe.  I have the same trouble with Tylenol, Advil, cold medicine, flu shots . . . really anything.

So for now we're not going to treat the Parkinson's.  I'm on the cancer drugs for life so I'm not sure what we'll do about the Parkinson's.

I'd love to hear from anybody else who has Parkinson's to find out your experience with the meds.

Thanks all!!!!!!!

Cheers

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:01 PM | Locked

Kristin, I am glad to hear that everyone figured out that a drug interaction was causing your problems.  Hopefully things will calm down for you now.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:23 PM | Locked

Susie, Prayers, prayers, and a big Hug for you and your family. So sorry this is happening to you and especially your son.     Susan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:36 PM | Locked

Has anyone heard from Marie since she was going to go to Boston for her GGS birth?     Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380
Kristin (KAlbrecht) replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:41 PM | Locked

I'm sorry to hear this news Susie -- Please know that you have my thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong and remember to take care of yourself.  Your quilting friends are here for you for whatever you need . . . an ear, a shoulder, a hand . . . whatever.  I am only a 30 minute drive from you and would be happy to bring you dinner, groceries, or whatever you need . . . don't hesitate to ask.

God bless you.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 1:41 PM | Locked

Ginny, Not one word, that I have seen. Hope everything is doing fine. Maybe, just a very looong labor?

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,302
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 6:54 PM | Locked

ls2116:

when you go to post there is a f for facebook t for twitter I have no idea what the orange icon is that looks like a speaker then there is pinterest. I guess I should get in to touch with admin to ask her.  just wondering which company puts out my posts hope everything is good with everyone and their busy making quilts.

Is,

that symbol is for RSS. It means "Rich Site Summary" and is often referred to as "Really Simple Syndication". You can use that to subscribe to the feed for this site to receive a summary in your inbox. I use it to follow blogs that I like. The feeds come to my email program.

There are many ways to read feeds; through email or through your browser.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,028
Points 369,302
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:00 PM | Locked

Anything you type in QCA forums can be seen by anyone with access to the internet. I find a lot of QCA posts via Google. Their search engine is better than the one here on QCA. Our posts show up on Twitter in a summary. When you click on them you're directed you back to the site. I'm not sure about Facebook.

If you tag a post it will be easier to find in a search engine. I have found many of my photos of quilt blocks in a Google search. Which is why I started adding a watermark when I post them.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:44 PM | Locked

Kristen, I'm happy to see you back on and that you are feeling better.  I hope things get much better.  I will be praying for you.

JOyce

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 7:49 AM | Locked

Thanks Kris This learning thing is dificult still leery of my computer settings. Its hard because I have four users on my computer and things may not be set the way i'd want them.  Still working with bank.  I may have to drop from mq as life is very busy and complex right now. 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,428
Points 38,310
Linda replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 7:58 AM | Locked

Susie, praying for you and your family that God will comfort all of you. He is already holding your step-mom in his comforting arms and giving her peace. He will be with her all the way. God bless you and give you peace....and lots of hugs.

Page 47 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 45 46 47 48 49 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use