Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 46 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 11:25 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Where to start...??

Chocake,

you're amazing. These are fantastic.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 38,335
Linda replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:28 AM | Locked

Thank you all for your prayers. The doctors are relating all these problems to my car accident 5 years ago. As time goes on new things crop up.

Did you guys read my blog on Identity Theft...Don't be a Victim? My hotmail account was compromised, then 2 credit cards had fraud on them. Fortunately, the banks closed the accounts immediately and sent me new cards. When I called the bank that I do my main banking with, they gave me a new debit card immediately. My credit rating is not affected but there is an fraud alert on it. In Arizona as parish ministry assistant, I hosted 2 workshops on identity theft...one with the state attorney generals office and one with a well known probate attorney. You can do everything to protect yourself from id theft, but the hackers can still get to you. Even  the governor of Arizona had been hacked several times. OK on to more pleasant things.

Today I'm hoping to get back to my sewing machine. My sewing room is close to being finished. It's just a matter of where to hang things. Still not much wall space to work with. I had one wall put in, but the design wall took up most of it. I knew that would happen.

Also hoping the jitters will calm down. Thought I'd go nuts yesterday. I did finally nap yesterday afternoon. But this morning I still feel jittery. Oh, please Lord, help me!

Hope everyone has a happy quilty week. Hugs.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:27 AM | Locked

Linda, I hope you will have a great sewing day and that the jitterbug will leave you alone. When will we see pictures of your new sewing room??

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:48 AM | Locked

Linda, prays UP. Jim has essentail benign tremors. Can hardly get food, on a fork, to his mouth. Can't do wood carving, anymore. He has had those, in his hands, for many years. Now his head has started to shake. No one else in his family has had this. I pray you feel better and stop the shakin'

Errands today. That just wears me out. Don't know why. We get home after 2 - 3 hours in stores, P.O. , Drug Store, and are just wrung out. Not a good day for old folks. Even though, we really aren't that old.

People, like ME, are too open on the internet, is a huge problem. I did genealogy for 10 years, so my whole life is on seveveral websites. Just google me, and I am all over the place. Can't do anything about those posts. There are hundreds of them. We have a fraud alert on our credit. Ahve for a while now. We are thinking of just drawing out money to live on, except for the bills.  So many dishonest people out there. I just don't know what this world is coming to. There is a lady, that is in the local news, who has been going to Walmarts, buying IPads, going out to her car, opening the box, putting a notebook of equal weight in the box, and has a machine that seals the box back like it was never opened. Then she goes right back in the store and returns it. She has taken Walmarts, up and down the Eastern Seaboard, for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Why would someone do that?? I would bet money, she is on welfare, also.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:02 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Where to start...??

these are too cute, are you getting ready for St. Patty's day? love them.

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:25 AM | Locked

Linda I'm glad you can get back into your sewing room. Enjoy that heat!

The Kids are all out the door and off on their weeks adventures. Sprouts still snoozing. The quiet is nice.

Saturday I showed DD how to draft a very simple skirt pattern and we raided my stash for fabric. In 4 hours she had a fun new skirt, which she wore to school today. Best of all, we used packing paper for the pattern (free), a button from an old sweater destined for the trash (free) and fabric someone had given me (free). The ribbon trim was around a package of pjs I got  for Christmas (free) so all I paid for was the lace she used...which was a bargain spool that has been in my stash for 10 years or more. You can't beat the price for that skirt!!  I'm thinking that I might check JoAnn's for  fabric this week and make her a couple more since she likes this one so much. I almost never buy appearal fabric anymore.

i played a bit after I got the kids all settled last night and put the boozy beads to good use. 'Not sure what will become of this braclet yet, but it was certainly fun to make.

I'm hoping that Sprout will co-operate today and at least give me time to frog a few goofs on the my current quilt project.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

CC, I love the bracelet you made with your beads.  I especially liked the beer stein one with the foam on top.   The skirt you and DD made sounds cute. Will there be a picture forthcoming of the creation?   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 1:15 PM | Locked

CC is thaty the pink elephant you see when you drink too much in the center of your bracelet? Or, is it just a party animal.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:11 PM | Locked

I'm going to ask my quilting friends to keep my family in your prayers.  My step-mom has been battling pancreatic cancer for almost 3 years.  She, along with the support of the family, has decided to enter the hospice program.  So now, instead of trying to beat it, they are just going to treat the symptoms and try to give her some relief.  They really can't give us a time frame, could be anywhere from six month to a year. 

We are all really struggling with this.  I know that it's always been there, coming up at some point, but you kind of pretend that it won't happen.  And then when you find out it's gotten worse, the bottom just drops out.  That's where I'm at right now.  I need the strength to be strong for my family.  My son is taking it really hard.  He is very close to her and doesn't handle death well at all.

Thank you in advance for all your support, prayers and love.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:20 PM | Locked

Susie, you must all concentrate on how this will end FOR HER. She will be with our Lord in Heaven (I am guessing she is saved). She is about to take a journey, those of you left behind will only dream about until it is your turn. Prayer is the only place you can take your pain. Give it to God. He will ease the pain, the grief and longing. Stay in prayer, All of you. We will all stay in prayer FOR all of you as well. I am so very sorry to hear you must go through this. The older I get, the more times I am going through this. It is not easy for any of us.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:36 PM | Locked

Susie, I know the point you are at right now.  It is hard knowledge to accept at first, but you will see that it is the best route for someone that is suffering with an incurable condition.  I know, I have been there with my Dad and Mom within the last few years and have helped my daughter and her significant other when he reached that state.  Just believe that that person knows what is ahead and wants your support to go thru this.  Just don't abandon her when she needs your support the most.  Get your son to understand this too- if he has been close to her , the worst thing would be to abandon her in her need for family to be close.  I will personally keep you and your family in my prayers for grace and strength to carry you thru this time of trial.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:54 PM | Locked

Susie:
I'm going to ask my quilting friends to keep my family in your prayers.

Prayers going up Susie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:55 PM | Locked

chocake2:
i played a bit after I got the kids all settled last night and put the boozy beads to good use. 'Not sure what will become of this braclet yet, but it was certainly fun to make.

What a fun bracelet. Too cool.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:22 PM | Locked

Susie, T&P are with you and your family

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 8:26 PM | Locked

Hugs and Prayers Susie.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 46 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 44 45 46 47 48 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use