Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 43 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:58 AM | Locked

chocake2:

CC theses look great! Ancient and new meet in your jewelry.  I really like how you enhance the trilobites with simple silver around them.  I think that if you could clone yourself, you would be a rich crafts woman...lol on the cloning.  I think you are already cloned with all the you do at home, for boss man and in your creative world.  I wonder when you get time to sleep?

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:08 AM | Locked

Had planned to drive to LQS to pick-up my 2 main fabrics for MQ8...but those who know are not telling so I do not know how much to purchase Gr-r-r-r-r!

Because the LQS is over 35 miles foom my home I cannot just hop in my gas guzzler and go shopping.  They aren't open on Sunday so I can go then after church.  I may just have to fore go doing MQ8.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:10 AM | Locked

Very nice CC!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:19 AM | Locked

Joni:
Had planned to drive to LQS to pick-up my 2 main fabrics for MQ8...but those who know are not telling so I do not know how much to purchase

Yeah, that's the way it is.  We get so excited about the MQs as can be seen by how many pages of comments there are already about this one, before we even know the yardage, and usually how many and what kinds of fabrics.  We are like kids waiting for Christmas to open the packages.  Oh well.  You can always buy fabric on line.  There are some very good on-line stores that have fantastic sales, and you could end up with fabric less expensive than if you had gone to your LQS.  And some mail the fabric so fast!  I have received fabric in 4 days sometimes, and it usually takes longer to get to our rural post office.  E-quilter is my favorite.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

Joni:
but those who know are not telling so I do not know how much to purchase Gr-r-r-r-r!

Joni, none of us know how much fabric to purchase, that will be revealed on the 15th.  A few people are buying 3 yds. of each fabric hoping that will be enough.  I personally think the yardage amount should be told, especially for those of us who will be ordering online.  But in any case we'll all be working at our own pace, snail in my case, so it really doesn't matter, we'll all catch up at some point.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:20 AM | Locked

It got to 56 degrees yesterday.  Snow is melting fast, so I need to do some snow dyeing today. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 10:22 AM | Locked

Thea:
She can't keep a secret can she - teehee - but I did get confirmation today - I was holding my breath that it wasn't really true since I hadn't heard anything from them since I heard my name announced.  I sent them a nice email asking what I should do and was told it would be shipped to the store near me in about 2-3 weeks.  I never win anything - it just amazed me to hear my name said.

Oh Thea, I am so so happy for you. Barbara is right, you are a most deserving person to get this sweet treat. I know you will have a ball in Branson but when you get back you can continue the fun with your new toy.

Good for you!

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 370
Edna replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 10:35 AM | Locked

Thanks to all those who responded to my Broccoli plants post. We had a serious drop in temperature the past couple of days, but I left the plants outside so that they could "harden".  I hope that they don't die.

I think that I shall make carrot,celery,beet, apple juice today.  I made some about two weeks ago, and it was sooooooooo delicious.

Quilt Salad Shop

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:23 AM | Locked

Edna, are you kidding?? You made juice out of all those veggies, and fruit, together and DRANK it?? Oh, my. That really sounds disgusting. But, my DBIL would just LOVE it.  Ewwww :-{

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,825
Points 366,017
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:39 AM | Locked

Marie:
Joni, none of us know how much fabric to purchase, that will be revealed on the 15th.  A few people are buying 3 yds. of each fabric hoping that will be enough.  I personally think the yardage amount should be told, especially for those of us who will be ordering online.

Nana did say three yards should cover it. Buy a little more to over cutting errors.

I think the MQ talk started too early and people are keyed up with over anticipation. You get two weeks from yardage/cutting requirements to first step. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,825
Points 366,017
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:42 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

I used to think the same think but it's not that bad and it's good for you too. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:07 PM | Locked

Patti:

It got to 56 degrees yesterday.  Snow is melting fast, so I need to do some snow dyeing today. 

Wow, our high was only 46 degrees yesterday!  But the snow is still melting fast...so I too will be doing some snow dyeing today.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:27 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  you would just need to taste it, it tastes nothing like any of the individual veggies or the apple juice.  It is just sweet enough to think you are drinking something good and sinful.  I love it when my son juices for me, but he won't give me his juicer-- which is a very od, old one.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:00 PM | Locked

Ginny, well, I have to admit, it does sound very healthy.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,365
Points 37,240
Linda replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:38 PM | Locked

Whew! I've been trying to keep up with what's going on, but you guys are writing too fast!!! Hope you all have a great time at Branson, Is there going to be anyone left here besides me? The boards sure will be quiet.

I haven't been on the boards much myself because I'm remodeling my sewing room and/or I've been sick. The good news is I do not have Parkinsons. Now they want an MRI of my brain to determine if I might have had a silent stroke because of the weakness in my left side. On the 20th my neurologist is doing some  tests to determine why I'm always lightheaded and why I've started falling all the time and dropping things. I just finished hand quilting a wall hanging and I think it will be the last of hand quilting. The tremors in my hands caused me to rip more than quilt.

I need to take a nap since my eyelids don't want to stay up. Everyone have a save trip to Branson. Post some photos. Hugs.

• | Post Points: 80
Page 43 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use