Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 41 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,297
Points 414,004
gini replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:16 PM | Locked

Way to go,Thea.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,629
Points 36,935
ls2116 replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:47 AM | Locked

Thea that is excellent!  So glad something good happened.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,200
Points 239,037
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:26 AM | Locked

Thankyou - I truly won't believe that it happened until I have the software but it is nice to have had something nice happen.  From what I saw at the webinar the software is awesome and I am excited to use it.  It will push me out of my comfortable little box learning how to use it and design with it for new and wonderful quilts.  I am excited.

Up early again today!  Oh my - I did get almost 8 hours of sleep- I think just over 7 but I am saying 8 just to make it happen tonight...teehee...the body is almost back to the normal aches and pains - not the excruciating ones that came from the cold - some of the old ones that I had worked through are back though - and it will just take time - at least it got DH working on the generator that I brought from NY when I brought Mom - he realizes now that I can't get cold like that for an extended period... 

Everyone is telling me what am I going to do in MN - well one thing not go outside in the cold without proper clothing...teehee... but I will have my house that we buy there insulated and generator already installed... the house will have a nice furnace so that it stays at an even 72 year round and good windows that I don't have to put quilts over to keep out the breeze...teehee...

I am so ready for a wonderful house and my grand kids... warm and cozy this Nana Thea will be.

For the moment am in the heating blanket getting heat to those joints that are screaming and I am doing my range of motion exercises to keep them limber... the body hates me but I love the body - it is the only one I will have till they come up with something better...teehee...

safe travels to all traveling today - warm dry roads for all - peace to all in pain both physically and emotionally - have a great day!  sent from Oklahoma

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,641
Points 65,360
Bonita replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:37 AM | Locked

Good for you Thea. You neede to have something fun for a change. Enjoy it when it comes your way.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 172,988
Marie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:54 AM | Locked

Thea, doing the Happy Dance for you!  Good things do happen to good people!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,629
Points 36,935
ls2116 replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 12:21 PM | Locked

Well i'm back from dr. looks like after I got the initial cold thats been going round it settled in lungs or as dr . called pneumonia.  Gonna lay low and take my meds .

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,395
Points 23,255
Debbie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 1:04 PM | Locked

Everyone is telling me what am I going to do in MN - 

Thea - did I miss something, when are you moving to MN?  I went back and couldn't find mention of this.  gosh, haven't even got to meet you yet and you're moving away! 

Hey, you said you have to come to OKC to pick up your software, is that right?  let me know when and maybe we can go to lunch.  My library is right off NW Expressway, down the street from Integris Hospital.  I would love to meet you in person. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 1:24 PM | Locked

Safe travels to all those bound to Branson. I'm looking forward to being there vicariously, through your pictures.

I sent DS off to school today with some misgivings. He scored a 2.5 on Mom's scale of too sick to go to school. Anything over 3 stays home.  Sure enough - I got called to go get him before 11AM. Now he's bouncing off the walls at home. Sprout is happy to have a playmate.

My silver order came today so I hurried and set the trilobites I've had on hold since Sept. Be glad to get them out of here. (I'll post pics later for those of you who are thinkin  "Huh? What did she just say??")

Do any of you recall the ammonite wallie I made last year? I'm still thinking I ought to make a trilobite to go with it...

Bossman sent home a couple of arrowheads for me to wire-wrap yesterday, so my tools were already out. He had me do some last  week and his customer complained that my work was "too elaborate",  and said he wanted something simpler. Gosh, I thought I'd kept them pretty basic!  I'm thinking that he's looking at the twists I put in the wire to cinch it tight and thinking that it's only there for decorative purposes. If the guy doesn't like this set, I'm giving up!  On the bright side, the project earned me enough to pay for the gas to go get DS from school, and it was fun.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,200
Points 239,037
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 1:26 PM | Locked

Debbie:

Everyone is telling me what am I going to do in MN - 

Thea - did I miss something, when are you moving to MN?  I went back and couldn't find mention of this.  gosh, haven't even got to meet you yet and you're moving away! 

Hey, you said you have to come to OKC to pick up your software, is that right?  let me know when and maybe we can go to lunch.  My library is right off NW Expressway, down the street from Integris Hospital.  I would love to meet you in person. 

Debbie, As soon as I know when we are actually moving I will be announcing to the world...My son and my Grand kids live in MN and they can not at this time or anytime in the near future move south due to my middle grand son... but that is another story - due to the fact that I really miss my son and the kids and want to be near them and have them get to know me as they grow up my DH has told my grand daughter that we are moving there - this after saying for years he would never move farther north... so supposedly he has a 2 year time frame to do this in - which is totally fine with me - but for the moment he isn't moving really fast to get all the work done that he needs to get done on this house first so that we can sell it and buy one in MN...

the real planning and work should start this year - he is slowly redoing the floors and he got the base boards up in the kitchen the last couple weeks - we had ceiling damage from a roof leak - he will start repairing those this summer - then we will buy the paint and paint the house inside and out... 

I have started downsizing my considerable amount of stuff... going through things and giving away to family back east and friends... no more hoarding... 

then it will also depend on the status of Mom - how she is doing... if she ends up in a NH we will have her transported to one up there... It all is in the works but there is no rushing right now... 

Debbie - I would also be glad to meet up with you in OKC when I go to pick up my software - it iscalled B-Sew Inn

Located at:

Southern Hills Shopping Center

(I-240 & Pennsylvania)

1624 W I-240 Service Road

Oklahoma City, OK 73159
I have never been there but once they notify me that I can go get it I will definetely let you know and maybe we can have lunch together... I would truly love to meet you!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,050
Ginny replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 1:49 PM | Locked

Oh my IS, that is too bad that it developed into pneumonia.  Rest a lot and take your meds.  Lay low until you feel better.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,050
Ginny replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 1:54 PM | Locked

Yes, Thea, do Marie's Happy Dance.  You deserve it.  I just know it is going to make you forget all about that RA and OA pain to have all that new stuff to play with.   Really gives you something to look forward to.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,200
Points 239,037
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:11 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Yes, Thea, do Marie's Happy Dance.  You deserve it.  I just know it is going to make you forget all about that RA and OA pain to have all that new stuff to play with.   Really gives you something to look forward to.    Ginny

Ginny, thank you - I will try to do a small dance - Barbara wanted a smile this morning and I wasn't able to even do that - I did get up and out and got the car packed except for the sewing machine(s)... pillows and robes... then off to the nursing home to see Mom one last time before we leave - she was in 7th heaven having fun with the aides... so glad for that - came home got her my therabead heating pads - wrote instructions on the white board I have in her room for the aides - got her a Lortab from the med tech - wrote again on the white board the time she had it and told her if still in pain in 6 hours to ask for another one... all instructions to nurses and aides on the white board... oh my you just wish they would understand... but you have to lay everything out for them... got Mom some of the knitted hats that Hilda had made for her and took them back up to her as she is in pain from her arthritis almost as bad as mine.  I have so much empathy for her - the cold does neither one of us any good... Took 3 containers of potato soup up for her and some mini red velvet cakes with frosting for a treat for her - she was so excited about the potato soup... I have soup here for Rita to take up every 3 days while we are gone as that is as long as they will keep it in the fridge there - wish I could have left it all there for the week but it would have gone in the trash... so hoping that Rita can do this...

Got her kindle payment ordered - it should be here for her to start playing with on Monday - 

Still have to wax the kitchen floor - one last steam over it to get it all spruced up and then wax it and it should be fine for the week we are gone... got her bed out as she doesn't sleep in our water bed is afraid she would not be able to get out ... but that is okay so got the air mattress out and the sheets for it all set up for her... 

then I died - almost literally the pain meds had worn off and the pain came back in triplicate... so am back in my chair but happy with all that I did get done so far... not much left to do - the cell phone is charging as is the camera battery - the GPS is loaded with the correct address - the last laundry loads are done and I think DH has his suitcase packed... YES - just a few small things left to load in the car tomorrow and we are off...

Oh my - wish I was there sitting in my room already!

Did you see that Nana and Diane went to Hancock's of Paducah and that the store exchanged their dollars for merchandise... oh my... I never am allowed to go to that store - I would have to sign over the house.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:23 PM | Locked

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:58 PM | Locked

CC, these are amazing. I hope you are getting a fortune for them. I don't think they are too elaborate at all., they are just plain gorgeous. You do awesome work. Do you do a lot of jewlery for the shop? Seems like that would bring in quite a naice chunk of change for you.

Worked my hiney off this  afternoon. Got the bathroom and bedroom all  c  lean, did a load of laundry. Then finished the 10 post cards for Nan. Now, think I will make a few for myself. to send to family.

Afton's Mom never did the label, or send it to me. So, as I said that quilt would be there for his birthday on the 12th, I am going to get the binding on and get it in the mail. She can do what ever she wants about the label.

Then, have a couple QHFM quilts to get done and sent to Nan for quilting. So, it's a busy time. And I am enjoying myself.

Think my sinus infection is clearing up as all sort of crud is being coughed up or blown out of me.  I sure hope so.

The weatherman says we will have snow over night. Said it would just be "More of a curiosity event then anything". WHAT!?! These guys on the news program, here, are just too weird.

Travel safe this weekend, those headed to Branson. Travel prayers already going up.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,050
Ginny replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 5:11 PM | Locked

Beautiful job CC.   I like them.   Ginny

Page 41 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use