Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 40 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,205
Points 16,165
Susan replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:13 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
God had other plans
                         Sukochi, His timing is perfect !  That dear women would have froze out there. What a Awesome story !  Made my Day !    Thank the Lord !       And you and your DH for being such caring neighbors.   Susan

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,558
Points 23,625
Susie replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:31 AM | Locked

CC--I love the visual of you trying to blow up those balloons while holding the dog in place! I really needed a good laugh today, and that sure provided it!

So...all my good intentions for cleaning Saturday have gone out the window..dadgum it.  I got a call from the apartment office.  There is a problem with the drain pipes for the kitchens in my side of the building.  Every time I run my kitchen sink or dishwasher, it's coming up through the 1st floor's drain.  Boy, am I glad I"m not on the 1st floor!  But the bathroom is ok to use.  Just can't get myself to wash dishes in the bathtub.  Something about that is just too gross for me.

Anyway, I will still pick up the floor clutter and drag out my vacuum.  And, I need to get some laundry done.  I may just head to the laundromat so I can do my pillows & comforters.  I have plenty of applique that I can take with me to work on while it's going.  Hm.mmm....wonder if I will be able to go, or if those plans will be tossed to the wind, too.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:59 AM | Locked

Oh darn, CC.  Does that mean the kids are gone?  LOL    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:18 AM | Locked

Susan :

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
God had other plans
                         Sukochi, His timing is perfect !  That dear women would have froze out there. What a Awesome story !  Made my Day !    Thank the Lord !       And you and your DH for being such caring neighbors.   Susan

Story isn't finished yet. We got a call from the son, who does not drive (too many DUI's). She was "Slurring her words, and her hand was in terrible pain". Could we take her to the hospital? So, DH gets his coat and shoes on and drives over there. She meets him walking out of the house. No slurring all the way. Her sister will meet her there and bring her home. Just got ANOTHER call. The son "Still can't drive, ya know" . Now, she needs a ride home ,from the hospital. Sister didn't show up. So, we will see what DH says, when he get's back. Poor Linda is in and out of the hospital with pneumonia. She has frequent flyer miles with the ambulance service here. Jim helped her in the car, and buckled her in. She said, she didn't need the help. She always has to do for everyone else, no one helps her. She lets that son, with no job, and full custoday of his little boy, live htere free. The son has a bad leg, who at one time, a couple years ago, had said he had some flesh eating virus in the leg and it was to be amputated. Then, a year later, he said they woulldn't cut it off as he hadn't paid his bill. Yeah, right. That would happen. His younger brother was a drug addict, who lived there also. He committied suicide in the jail, while under suicide watch. Think, in this County, "Suicide Watch" means just that. We have helped over there as much as we could. Fed them all for awhile. I have invited the son and grandson to church with us several times. He said he goes to another church and his pastor picks him up. I feel so very sad for Linda.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:42 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Oh darn, CC.  Does that mean the kids are gone?  LOL    Ginny

Bad Mommy that I am, I can't answer that... Either Gini caught 'em on her fly by or they're in school. DH had to be at work early today so, as long as he had to be up anyway, I left him take charge of the kids and slept-in (if you can call sleeping til 7:30 sleeping in...). When Sprout got me up it was just him and the dog in  the house with me. He's too little for the harness so I didn't try to send him aloft.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,427
Points 243,407
Thea replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 12:03 PM | Locked

Susan :

thea, THE FLOORs CAN WAIT !!! Thats my prescription for you today .  They will be there when you get back, dont wear your self out any more than you have to. You are one ambitious lady !  You can do mine any time.  Have a safe and fun trip!!!      Susan

Susan - teehee - if you only knew me - when I look at my dirty floor it just tremendously upsets me - for me to leave it would be horrendous... it truly does get me moving and out of my whining crying moods - that is when I truly have the ability to get up - when I don't then it does wait... but I am getting better - the heat is getting into my bones and ligaments and muscles and easing them back up - if the cold had stayed another day I think I would have been down a lot longer but am up and moving - I am taking it slow though - not at my break neck speed - which is break neck for a person who is 90 - not almost 60 - teehee - I got the kitchen floor steam cleaned - almost the whole thing - have to get under the table where the 2 litter boxes are - that is all that is left to the floor in the kitchen - then tomorrow I'll go over it lightly and Saturday morning one last swipe and then the wax and it will dry and be pretty when Rita gets here - the counters - oh dear - DH doesn't know a thing about cleaning and my stove top - how does one get scrambled eggs everywhere - how do you do that... haven't even tried to tackle that yet ...that will be later today when my energy levels build back up...I put the stuff in the toilets and sprayed the bath tub...that will be the end of the cleaning for this trip - well besides washing the quilts in the back living room...

Heat pump is doing okay so far - no more seizing up - I vacuumed off the cold air filters in the house - DH(can you hear me screaming)... I will have him changing out those filters tonight!!!  my gosh!!! I think I am going to make him a calendar for his garage that he can look at and maybe get his work done... how does he do so well at work and not at home... how come at home he is so so lazy!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,205
Points 16,165
Susan replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 12:07 PM | Locked

chocake2:
He's too little for the harness so I didn't try to send him aloft
   CC, You make me laugh, but I just know your the best Mom, ever !   I love your stories!    Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,205
Points 16,165
Susan replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 12:14 PM | Locked

Thea, Im tired  just thinking about all that  house work. I will go to work now its sounds sooo much easier.   You go girl, If it makes you feel good , I sure like your optimistic attitude.     Have a good day!       Susan   

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 1:35 PM | Locked

*sigh* I guess Gini got past without her sky-hook engaging. The school called while i was in the shower (Why does the phone only seem to ring when Sprout is napping nad my hair is full of suds?? Why does the dog consider it her duty to bark, at full volume, next to the crib whenever the phone rings? )  "DS1 has a fever. You need to come and get him." ... a frantic search for my car keys (DH keeps barrowing mine and not putting them away) and a mad dash to school.... where I saw Jr sitting quietly at his desk, so i know he's here too, and home again with a young man who really does not seem to feel all that sick. 

Mom needs a cookie.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,540
Points 51,225
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 1:58 PM | Locked

Oh so sorry CC.  Had I known I would have saved my last oatmeal raisin cookie for you.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,825
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:18 PM | Locked

Lajuan My neighbor is handicapped and elderly and i'm always running to help her out.  Isn't it great neighbors helping neighbors thats the way it should be.  

I'm counting down the hours til dr. appt.

Hope everyone is safe in their travels.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:49 PM | Locked

Okay all I gotta spill the beans , Thea took part in a WEbinar lead by Floriani Threads for their new Decorative Quilter software. it was a hour broadcast online This past Sat, At the end of the webinar they were giving away a 1000.00  software to five listeners Well Our Thea was one of the five winner. I was so excited when I HEARD THEM CALL HER NAME . I was listening thru Skype.  She will be recieving it in about 2 to 3 weeks .  I can think of no one more deserving then Thea and I'm just thrilled for her.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,427
Points 243,407
Thea replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:00 PM | Locked

She can't keep a secret can she - teehee - but I did get confirmation today - I was holding my breath that it wasn't really true since I hadn't heard anything from them since I heard my name announced.  I sent them a nice email asking what I should do and was told it would be shipped to the store near me in about 2-3 weeks.  I never win anything - it just amazed me to hear my name said.  Told DH that we need to play the lottery but that was last Saturday so the chance for that is probably past...teehee... 

It is awesome software though - I had never heard of it and have absolutely no idea how I got invited to the webinar but accepted and sat there watching them play with the software.  Watched them take pictures of blocks that they had made put it in the software have it straighten and then have them try different kinds of quilting designs on it.  You can use it for long arms or embroidery machines.  

One of the other things that I love about it is that there is no dongle and upgrades for the life of the software are free - so if next year they come out with take 2 it is free to upgrade my software.  

I am still holding my breath and being patient - it is brand new on the market and will be at shops that sell Floriani products about the 18th of March and that is when I should get my certificate to take to the dealer in OKC and pick mine up - I am truly amazed... after so many months of stress this past year to have something good happen like this is amazing... and believe me I am excited... I sent a copy of my confirmation email to Barbara and she (Barbara) was really good as I asked her last Saturday not to say a word to anyone as I really didn't believe it was going to happen... and I didn't want to be disappointed and have to tell everyone nothing came of it... but it looks like it is all true... 

So Branson here i come and when I get back just one more "patient" week and I will have some wonderful new software to play with and watch out quitling world there will be no stopping me.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:08 PM | Locked

Kris:

Been missing a couple days here. 

I hope all who are ailing are feeling better. All those traveling do so safely and have fun at retreat.

I've been having a rough week and it's only half over. Work is crap, the weather is crap and even DH is crap right now (he knows it, I've told him). Can't wait for the weekend.

I'm sorry you're having a crappy time,  but sweet Jason?   Send him to me and I'll whip him into shape, along with CC's kids

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:15 PM | Locked

Oh Thea I tired ,I really tired ,but it was just so great  that you had something wonderful happen after all the crap you've been thru I just had to share it with everyone, I'm so thrilled for you .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 40 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 38 39 40 41 42 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use