Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 39 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,203
Points 239,127
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 7:57 PM | Locked

Still in a great deal of pain - hoping against hope that tomorrow is better - I stayed in my bed with the covers on most of the day - it was not comfortable as I would have wanted as laying there causes it own pain but I propped myself up on the pillows and had pillows all around me - had the electric blanket on and tried to get heat into the bones and ligments and muscles - getting up at all was painful - movement is extremely painful - but it seemed to get a little easier this evening - I have high hopes that if I take it slowly that by saturday I will be ready to hit the road to Branson... It is only about 4 1/2 hours for us so the ride shouldn't be all that bad - or I hope not...

I have to get everything packed into the car - good thing I did all the cutting for projects last week... I did get a new and exciting quilt pattern in the mail today that I can't wait to start - Wind in the Whiskers by McKenna Ryan - oh it is so adorable - I had pre-ordered it when it came out - and it arrived today... I am so excited - it will only be my 3rd MR quilt that isn't a Christmas quilt so I'll almost have enough to decorate the whole house all year long...teehee... I am bringing the pattern with me so all can see it... and I think I will bring my fusible to start transferring the pattern - that takes days all by itself... 

So many projects to do and it has been one thing after another this past 12 months holding me back - but I am determined...teehee... 

My spirit is lifted and I am so ready for a vacation with new and old friends... can't wait.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:23 PM | Locked

gini:

chocake2:

gini:

cc, send them over here, i'll whip them into shape.  they will be glad to get home to their old softie mom and do their chores right.

They'll be on the first bus headed west.

... Oh Wait. You're going east. Now How are we gonna work that out??

Get 'em ready early, we are on the 5AM flight  in the morning.  we should be over you a few minutes later. we'll put out a huge sky hook and snag them as we're flying over your house tomorrow.

Sounds Perfect!! I'll have em out in the back lot at ...um, let see, ... about 5:53 if your flight is on time. 'Guess they might get their first Gini lesson when they try to sneak an extra few minutes under those quilts and I send em out in the harnesses and Jammies.  Brrrrr-RRrr 

(Hehehe...DS1 heard me chuckling over here and asked what was up. I'm not one to lie to the kids, i told him that I was sending them off with you to get their craniums extracted from their glutious maximus'.  He said  "You'd never do that". I replied "Wanna bet!?"  and gave him my best stealy eyed look.  He had the grace to look nervious and ask what you were gonna do to them....    Bwhahahahhah!!)

Safe Travels, Everyone!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,631
Points 36,945
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:34 PM | Locked

Thea I hope your feeling better real soon.

Went to hospital and there is no change.

I might set up Dr. appt. as i'm getting closer to nieces wedding and I want to be tip top shape for that.

Edna thanks for posting plant pic that is such a delightful thought right now.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,406
Points 361,182
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 1:39 AM | Locked

Been missing a couple days here. 

I hope all who are ailing are feeling better. All those traveling do so safely and have fun at retreat.

I've been having a rough week and it's only half over. Work is crap, the weather is crap and even DH is crap right now (he knows it, I've told him). Can't wait for the weekend.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 6:43 AM | Locked

Thea and Linda, you are an inspiration to me. Yesterday a.m. I was slowly walking, maoning and groaning, about being sick and feeling awful and "oh, woe is me". And, I thought of the two of you and your horrific situations with those bodies! I told DH,"How can I complain, all the time, when they have such agony everyday?  And, they do incredile things, even so". Dh says some people are wimps and I fit that discription. Well, not any more. I am gonna, work, walk and sew no matter how awful I feel. Though, Thea, I will draw the line a scrubing the floor.

Going to Bible study this a.m. Did an oopsey last night. There is Weds. nite Bible Study, and WE don't go. Well, in doing our reading for today's study, I had a question. When a question we can;t decided on an answer hits, I pick up the phone and dial a Pastor! Forgetting about the Weds. study, I called Ron just before 8:45. Hmmm....had to leave a message. DH said he is avioding me. About 15 mins later, he called back. He said they were just out of the study. Oh, well. Asked my question and went on with my night. Will have to note when it's Weds. on a big sign in the bedroom.

Sunny today but temps dropping. Cold front. And, I have this sinus inf. Oh, not complaining any more. Forgot! So, great day for a walk in the cold temps. Sat. we have a 20% chance of flurries. So, the weatherman will be proclaiming a "winter storm". Why DO they do that?

All heading out to Branson, I pray for sunny skies and dry roads. Please be careful out there. But, once there, have the time of your life. Give each other hugs from ME! Those flying, don't talk to strangers in airports, unless they are carrying fabric!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,472
Points 50,100
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:27 AM | Locked

Gee CC if that had been me that Gini offered to straighten my kids out enroute to Branson,  I'd have said- forget them- I'm the one that is going to be on that hook if I get to go to Branson for a week.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,631
Points 36,945
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:26 AM | Locked

Lajuan, Wouldn't it be wonderful if all we had to do is think positive and everything was just brilliant and wonderful but that just isn't the way life is sometimes.  Don't feel bad about the woes me when we don't feel good its ok to be down and dragging.

By the way I go to Dr. tomorrow but I'm already antipating the dr. visit you have a virus tough it out no meds.  

At least the snow has stopped for me.  That was tough running on flat tire and still having to shop, clean run errands shovel snow do the wash all the stuff no one notices just expects to be done.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,203
Points 239,127
Thea replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:46 AM | Locked

I take your kids for a week or a month this summer CC and give you a break - they can come to camp Thea's - my Grand kids love being here when they can come and they do behave - we make it tons of fun - I think just being at someone else's house brings through the behavior's Mom's try to instill cuz the kids always act better somewhere else - so Gini might have great results like I would and then they come home and they know how exactly how to push Mom's buttons...teeheee

What am I don't today!  Oh my... so much to do... I truly have to get the floors done and cleaned and the counters de-husbanded - he tried... then have to see if I can get near my car - ice on the ground - hoping it thaws with the sun today and I can get near it to get in clean it out and start packing it... 

How do I feel?  not a question anyone should ever ask me if they don't have an hour or two - teehee - actually in good spirits this morning - although the heat pump started seizing last night - I turned it off all night - started to get cold in the house this morning - turned it back on and keep your fingers crossed it is behaving so far... prayers for the heat pump - I am listening and hoping that just a piece of ice dropped down inside and got into the fan... have to get up and check on it every 20 minutes... 

I hurt everywhere - that sone ankle bone connected to the knee bone is still running through my head...as I can feel them all... I had to take my meds early this morning when I woke up - and thankfully today the pain meds have kicked in... I am hopeful that they start working today like they normally do so that I can get up and moving and do all I need done so that by Saturday all is done and I can just sit and relax till Jay gets home for us to leave for Branson.

I have to pull some of my quilts for show and tell - have to decide which ones to take - Gini said she would like to see some of my applique"  - that leaves so much open to interpretation - I do so many different types... the car will be full - teehee - I love showing my quilts though as no one but me and the family and my friends here ever get to see them... I used to take them to the guild and show them during show and tell but I haven't been to guild in over a year now - I can't leave Mom here at the house - but now that she is at the NH maybe next month as this month I will be in Branson.

All the clothes are clean though so no laundry to do except the bedding  and the living room quilts tomorrow so that the house smells great for Rita.  I have to order her Kindle today - that is what we are giving her as a gift for staying this time - she let it slip a while ago that she wanted one.  She won't take payment so I get her gifts - usually clothes from Quacker Factory as she loves the clothes but this time i think a kindle is in order.  

well - going to sit back now and see if some of this heat gets into the bones so that shortly I can get up and get the floors steam cleaned and the major outside dirt off of them so that tomorrow I can just do a simple cleaning and then polishing so they look great also for Rita... teehee... the Schwann's man made me feel so good the other day - he came in and the bag left a puddle on the floor and he apologized up and down for messing my beautiful floors - WOW - talk about my head swelling - won't be able to get me through the door - but it is so nice to have someone acknowledge the work you do - DH never notices anymore... he is desensitized to the house - teehee...

Laying back!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:52 AM | Locked

So, we could not get to Bible study. Montazuma's revenge hit me hard, about 15 mins before we left. No way I could chance that trip. God had other plans for us. Jim was looking out the door about 5 mintues AFTER the time we would have left the house. He saw our elderly neighbor, who just got out of the hospital recently, fall in the ditch, next to her mailbox!! I ran faster then I ever have. She was OK, but had hit her head on a rock, and hurt her hip. We got her in the house. Her son is home, was just asleep, and sstill is! He didn't hear her screaming, as their mailbox is a piece from the house. So, God had plans for us this morning. I praise Him that she is OK. She is going to be very sore. She said she has a Dr. appt. this aft. so if there is anything wrong, she will at least be there. Had she stayed in that ditch, she would have frozen, most likely.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 615
maryann replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:54 AM | Locked

hope the snowfall is all down now, driveway is so slick that  our plow guy slid backwards down the drive last evening.   DH had his second fall crossing the top of drive on his way out to help me water the critters this morning,  ( I'm still a couple of tumbles ahead of him.)  He spread a couple of pails of wood ashes on the top of the drive before he started down with the truck .  thinks he must get to the village to pick up the daily paper.  So far he no call to say he needs help, I can only assume that he made it down to the town road safely.  Always exciting the mountains in the winter.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:57 AM | Locked

Those wood ashes really work to make it less icy.  Don't know what I would have done without them some years.  I also have "tracks" which are kind of like putting chains over your shoes. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,472
Points 50,100
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 9:04 AM | Locked

The Lord certainly knew where you needed to be this morning Sukochi.  I thank Him for putting you and Jim in the right place at the right time.  I pray that your neighbor will be okay.      Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 9:51 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Gee CC if that had been me that Gini offered to straighten my kids out enroute to Branson,  I'd have said- forget them- I'm the one that is going to be on that hook if I get to go to Branson for a week.    Ginny

Great Point...but you made it about an hour too late! :C

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:01 AM | Locked

DH  overheard me telling the kids about Operation Sky-hook and calmly enquired what I was gonna do to get the cable into the air so Gini could snag 'em. NO PROBLEM! Mom has it covered. When I was cleaning out the crafts cupboard yesterday, I found a big package of those punch balloons (24") that kids like... and the dog has been out foraging. She's a walking supply of hot gas. (Just don't pop those ballons, Gini!! They are toxic!)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,780
Susan replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:05 AM | Locked

thea, THE FLOORs CAN WAIT !!! Thats my prescription for you today .  They will be there when you get back, dont wear your self out any more than you have to. You are one ambitious lady !  You can do mine any time.  Have a safe and fun trip!!!      Susan

Page 39 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use