Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 38 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:55 PM | Locked

CC  word comes to mind: RETREAT. Go to one. Leave that motley crew for a week.  Things will change before you hit the city limits.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 370
Edna replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:14 PM | Locked

While at the feed store today, I noticed the inviting vegetable plants; and in remembering that I plan to get my garden off to an early start this year, purchased a pack of 6 Broccoli plants. I came home and did a little digging, and hope to get them into my garden within the next few days.

Quilt Salad Shop

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:33 PM | Locked

I'm sure you'll find a way to make your space work for you IS. By the way that's a beautiful collection of Tiffany-styl lamps you have. I'd kinda like to see the smiling face behind that camera reflected in the mirror.  ;-)

YAY Susie! Hope the job is as good as it sounds. A steady paycheck is a great thing to have.

I spent the better part of the day cleaning out the cabinet I set aside for craft stuff. The kids use it and, ... well ...the kids use it. I moved it around so hopefully there will be better access and they'll have fewer excused for leaving it a mess  ("I couldn't reach it!!") It took forever to get it done. Sprout was determined to help. Everything I put away, he took out. While I put it away again, he took out two more things.While i was racing him, I brainstormed a way to make better use of the space availible in the utility room. Now I just gotta see if I can schmooze someone into making shelving for me...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 370
Edna replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:34 PM | Locked

Oops, that should state "NINE plants".

Quilt Salad Shop

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:37 PM | Locked

Edna:

Oops, that should state "NINE plants".

Su-ure. Be that Way, Edna! I won't even think about starting my seedlings for at least another month. Planting wont take place until LATE May at the earliest.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,436
Points 38,395
Linda replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:38 PM | Locked

Susie good news on the new job!

CC - When my family got like that which was most of the time. I made a big sign-- MOM ON STRIKE! Then I put it on our front door for the neighborhood to see. I didn't clean, cook, do laundry or anything else for them. One time it went on for a month before they came around, but the house was spick and span when they took the sign down. Eventually we began to see signs on other front doors in the neighborhood too.

Thank you everyone for the get well prayers. I'm praying for you too.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:39 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

CC  word comes to mind: RETREAT. Go to one. Leave that motley crew for a week.  Things will change before you hit the city limits.

Yeah... wouldn't that be great. But it ain't gonna happen. Sprout ain't weaned for one thing. And the bank account is another major factor to consider..as in there ain't anything in it to run away on... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 4:51 PM | Locked

Edna, I am jealous.  You must be in the south.  I am like CC, I can't plant outside until late May.  I wish that would get here soon, but I am going to start some annual flowers mid-to late March.  I have the setup for that.   Start them in the basement under the grow lights and then move them out to the little greenhouse in April.   Good luck with your broccolli.     Ginny 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 5:06 PM | Locked

Oh CC, you reminded me of when my boys were here.  And yes it's ok if you pick up the keys when DH and or DD gets home, grab your purse and go.  For a few hours or to Branson.  They need to understand that you too have a limit, and that cold, cloudy days get to you.  After all even though we know you are Wonder Woman, your kids still think of you as Mom.  But Moms do need time too. And when you come back, don't start picking up. Go have a nice long bath, get a book, and go read in your room.  If anyone asks, tell them to go talk to their dad.  Trust me, they will get it, and fast.  It might not last forever, but they sure will appreciate what you do for them for the next few days.  

So yes you can stay on your soapbox! 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 5:10 PM | Locked

IS your room is full but I sure envy you the tall windows you have. I like your new baby too! Hope you get many hours of sewing with it!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 5:13 PM | Locked

Susie congratulations on the full time job.  The advantage of having a gym on site is that you can go on your break or go in earlier.  That way...no excuse of being tired.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 48,290
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 5:16 PM | Locked

Edna, yep I'm officially in the jealous group.  There is no way we can plant broccoli or peppers before June 1st.  I just planted some lupine indoors and some blue poppies.  I never had those before. I bought the seeds and was told they are very fussy to start.  They need about a month before they get their first two sets of leaves.  As soon as they pop out, I'll post a picture.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 6:19 PM | Locked

Susie, great news very happy for you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 7:11 PM | Locked

Angele:
 I just planted some lupine indoors and some blue poppies

Blue Poppies? I would love to see those! Where'd you find hte seeds?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 7:52 PM | Locked

chocake2:

gini:

cc, send them over here, i'll whip them into shape.  they will be glad to get home to their old softie mom and do their chores right.

They'll be on the first bus headed west.

... Oh Wait. You're going east. Now How are we gonna work that out??

Get 'em ready early, we are on the 5AM flight  in the morning.  we should be over you a few minutes later. we'll put out a huge sky hook and snag them as we're flying over your house tomorrow.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Page 38 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 36 37 38 39 40 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use