Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 37 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:46 AM | Locked

It's A Brand New Day! I got up to the house filled with bright warm sunshine --of course now that first cheerful beam of light has passed and the big grey clouds are rolling in to replace it, but it was pretty while it lasted. Like a great big bow on a present!

I'm worn down lately. Seems like the winter blahs set in and gave this whole crew a  bad case of the lazies. Now they look at each other and say "If he doesn't have to do it...I don't see why I should."  ...and it all falls to Mom to get anything done. They'll do their chores but only the minimum they think they have too and not a thing more.  I tried talking to DH about it, but since he's as bad as the rest of this bunch (maybe worse) I don't think it sank in. I had a bit of a meltdown last night over  jobs being slopped through and messes being left. That got me back-talk from my DD (Who knows way more then her parents...) and sulking from the boys. DH went to bed and ignored it.  I have to wonder what they'd do if I passed Sprout off some night, grabbed my keys and just left them to there own devices?? Do you think they might get a clue if I wasn' around to fix their meals , tidy up after them or  come to their rescue? Maybe I'll just turn up in Branson and beg a corner to toss my sleeping bag in....

OK. Stepping off the soapbox... gotta go load the washer and run the vaccuum.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 615
maryann replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:17 AM | Locked

chocake2

You make me glad my girls are all out of the house now.  I just have to take care of critters and fix food for husband who is putting my new unassembled bee hive together.  I am expanding from one hive to two.  but the new hive and all the acessories are now stored in my sewing room.  I'm getting crowded out.  Delivered eggs this morning as the driveway is to treacherous for my customers to get up  here today.  Then went to town to get a haircut as I can't see my seams with hair falli;ng in my eyes.  No one in the shop in town, so I'm back home as shaggy as I was when I left.  Just 10 more blocks left to complete my quilt before marking the quilting designs oon  it.  No more goofing off today.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 615
maryann replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:19 AM | Locked

looks like I need to read my messages before I post, spelling used to be a strong point.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

maryann:

looks like I need to read my messages before I post, spelling used to be a strong point.

Speeeling is for folks that have time to proof-read. ;)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:05 AM | Locked

I've been on here so much telling people about my crowded space and trying to create first floor sewing room i took some pics kind of a before and after. This is the before that i'm dealing with room 8x10 I have: 2curios, huge wall unit, six seater table, a desk, new sewing stand,  it will take mthrough spring to get some furniture moved out to garage.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:10 AM | Locked

Well its off to do more chores, and if I get ambitious I'll get outside and start shoveling approach to driveways that city plowed in.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:11 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Stepping off the soapbox

CC, you stay on that soap box as long as you want, you've earned it with all you do.  Hold on a little longer because SPRING is in the air, take a deep breath!  I think most of us are feeling this winter will never end but it has no choice cause SPRING is going to give it a knock out punch soon.  BTW, my hubby used to walk away from it all as well so you're not alone.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:44 AM | Locked

I love lurking and reading about all of your adventures!  I just wish I was able to make time for me to post more often.  It seems like by the time I get home, all I want to do is put my feet up and chill with a good book (or even a bad one at this point!)

I do have several quilt projects that I really need to get done.  It's just that my house is such a disaster that I don't have the gumption to do any sewing.  And I am really, really resisting cleaning it up.  It's not my mess, and I can't get those that make the mess to do the cleaning.  So, I'm on strike.  Of course, that will only last until Saturday when I plan on deep cleaning so I can get to my stuff again.

I'm so very excited, though.  I picked up a temp job a couple weeks ago.  It was supposed to be only for a few weeks to fill the gap for a company between the time their payroll person left and the new one started--and to get the new one up to speed on the processes.  But, the new person declined the morning she was supposed to start.  And, they offered me the position!  So, I will be once again gainfully (I hope) employed full-time.  No more unemployment!  That means I will have a bit of money for quilting!!!  I'll be able to get my snowman RR quilt quilted!  It's only 15 minutes from home and it's more money than I was making before I got laid off my last job.  WOOHOO! 

AND! They have a fitness center on site, so if I feel so motivated, I can try to drop some of this unwanted 60# that I'm carrying around making me feel like a beached whale.  Either that, or I reinstate my gym membership and my son will make me go.  I'm actually better with that because then I don't have to go by myself.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:44 AM | Locked

Wow, I can see why you have no room to sew.  My goodness, you must have to sit in the middle of the room to sew.   Your baby is mighty pretty looking.  Congrats on your purchase.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:28 PM | Locked

Wow Susie, that is fantastic news, about the new job.  Whoo, hoo is right!  I think with the new job you will feel so much better that you will whip thru the disaster at your house.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:47 PM | Locked

cc, send them over here, i'll whip them into shape.  they will be glad to get home to their old softie mom and do their chores right.

Is it may be small but it is a cool sewing space.

susie,  i think i'm going to give up cleaning for all time.  i can never find anything when i'm done.    perhaps that's because i have the open shove and slam method of cleaning.   BTW, what's deep cleaning?  is that what you do in the basement?  congrats on the job.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:48 PM | Locked

gini:

cc, send them over here, i'll whip them into shape.  they will be glad to get home to their old softie mom and do their chores right.

Is it may be small but it is a cool sewing space.

susie,  i think i'm going to give up cleaning for all time.  i can never find anything when i'm done.    perhaps that's because i have the open shove and slam method of cleaning.   BTW, what's deep cleaning?  is that what you do in the basement?  congrats on the job.

Lol Gini!  Deep cleaning to me is when I totally clean up all the clutter and dig out the vacuum.  With my allergies, the vacuuming is better left to others, but when I get in my cranky moods, I do it and then make the kids feel guilty about it all day.  But I do have some spots on the carpet that need to be scrubbed before I can't get them out.  The granddaughters are still little enough to spill quite often, and of course, their mom is too lazy to worry about it.

Maybe I'll even do some dusting...and not the powdered sugar kind, unless I make a pan of brownies to go along with my lasagna....hmmmm.....

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 1:58 PM | Locked

Just talked with SIL boy it feels like everyone has a chip on their shoulder I don't know why she even bothered to call me.  I understand she is overwhelmed but I don't understand why she is taking it out on me.  I've bought her bake ware made her quilts bought her lamps I've always been nothing but polite and she calls me and is short and cranky with me over condition with FIL who is suppose to have surgery on fri.  

Anyway getting ready to go to hospital.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:04 PM | Locked

gini:

They'll be on the first bus headed west.

... Oh Wait. You're going east. Now How are we gonna work that out??

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:25 PM | Locked

Susie:
And, they offered me the position! 

Doing the Happy Dance for you, Susie.  Great news on your full time employment and more money!  You go girl!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Page 37 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 35 36 37 38 39 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use