Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 36 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:17 PM | Locked

Has anyone heard from Karla? I haven't seen her on here in months. Hope she is OK and I have just missed seeing her posts.

Helen, sounds like you have a plan there.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:28 PM | Locked

Sukochi

Karla has posted in the retreats group a few times.  She has been really busy but is coming to the Branson retreat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:45 PM | Locked

Oh, boo!. Y'all are gonna have so much fun!!

I am so glad she is fine.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,437
Points 23,945
Debbie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:55 PM | Locked

Sukochi - I know!  it just sounds like so much fun and it's so close to me but I can't go right now, need to save all my vacation and sick leave for my surgery.  Really Really wish I could go!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,437
Points 23,945
Debbie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:55 PM | Locked

Sukochi - I know!  it just sounds like so much fun and it's so close to me but I can't go right now, need to save all my vacation and sick leave for my surgery.  Really Really wish I could go!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 7:30 PM | Locked

Debbie, maybe, someday. We will just never say never!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,649
Points 37,320
ls2116 replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:00 PM | Locked

Don't forget about me ,  I want in on that someday dream too.  Maybe they'll post some great pics for us.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,235
Points 239,602
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 5:02 AM | Locked

I will have my camera with me and so will a bunch of others - so I am sure you will see lots of photos.

I am trying hard to get warmth and heat into my body - ended up staying in bed most of yesterday - propped myself up with pillows all around and watched that program Homeland on my computer - it got my interest... but I am still not warm and woke very early so had to come out to the living room so I wouldn't wake DH I think he is going to work today...and in that case he needed all his sleep - hoping to put the suitcases in the front room today and start packing them....I am hopeful that I will get it all figured out as to what I am taking... I hadn't been thinking about what I was going to take till we figured out if we would actually be able to go - then the storm came - whew - hope I get warm today - my body just aches and aches - remember that song about the ankle bone connecting to the knee bone - well I can say them all as they are aching... my wrists were the bad culprits this morning was actually thinking of finding some tight gloves to put on - even thought about getting my quitling gloves - teehee... we shall see... 

I am getting excited about the trip though... now to get packed... no more storms please...

And someone asked about Karla - she is on her way to Branson they were in Albuquerque last night hoping the roads cleared from what she posted... I know our roads are clearing here in Ok because the sun is melting all the snow so driving during the day should be no problem - after dark though might be a problem because they will freeze back up - but daytime driving should be fine...

Warm thoughts and prayers please... and send a tiny bit of energy my way too....

• Filed under:
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 6:12 AM | Locked

Good morning everyone. I've been up al night because of the pain of OA and fibro. And for some reason the house felt chilly, but the thermostat was the same as always. Yesterday we had wind and rain. I could barely move all day.

I finally got new windows in my sewing room a couple weeks ago. No more leaking when it rains! And this morning I'm suppose to get heat installed. Praise Jesus! I am so  tired of having to move the sewing room into my bedroom every winter. Now I won't have to do that anymore. It's getting too hard on my body now that I'm loosing body core strength. 

Today I've been ordered to do next to nothing. So I'm going to sew the binding on the wall hanging I've made Pastor. And after the contractors leave maybe I can sleep some. Don't know how because the pain has been excruitiating for the past few weeks. The doctor put me on a pain pill and muscle relaxer which does not help when my pain level on a scale of 1 to 10 is a 15.

Just noticed the time. The contractors will be here in 20 minutes. Everyone have a happy quilty day in spite of the aches and pains. Hugs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 7:22 AM | Locked

IS  congrats  on getting your new baby! You will enjoy sewing with it for many hours.  Now to see your new creations!!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,630
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:16 AM | Locked

Linda,  I hope you soon get some relief from your pain.  It's this darn weather.  At least after the heat is put in your sunroom you will feel the relief with that.  What a blessing that will be.  I will be praying for your rilief from pain.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,649
Points 37,320
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:16 AM | Locked

Last night all heck broke lose in my house last night and before I ranting want to let you know I love my family but sometimes they get me all upset!  Both my nephews came over as we were in snow storm with intention my son would drive one nephew home that sparked an eruption o valcano in my house nobody wanted to go out so late to shovel snow but DH sounded off to DS next thing DS cussing then I got into the lava because I don't tolerate any swearing in my house I was the first one outside last night trying to fix the problem shoveling the snow cleaning off three cars yes they came out to help but things were still heated up could of just melted all the snow with all the tempers flaring.  

Well its the next morning I think DS has chip on shoulder he made inappropriate comments that i can't repeat but I will say he is 30 and its time he starts packing his bags ...  woke up to all fans on  doors open furnace cranking over all because he smelled something strange  I'l be lucky if its not a broken furnace .  Got to start cleaning It could've been old vaccum bag I have my detecting cap on today  always something.

Everyone  have a great day today !!

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,630
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:36 AM | Locked

I can sympathize with you IS,  brother, sometimes you wonder if those people will ever grow up.  I agree with you it is probably time your son was out on his own.  But there I go, my one son had a raunchy mouth on him to for a long time.  He did move out on his own for a long time, but now many years later, he is back to live with me-- a changed person-- he is so much help to me now that this arthritis has weakened me to the point there are a lot of things that I can't do on my own any longer.

I will say that he was out on his own for many years before he came back and the language is very much improved. Actually,  I wouldn't tolerate anything less.   Your son just needs to grow up .  It is time to learn respect for himself and others.    Good luck.

Oh, I see you got your new baby.  Congrats.   You will love it, I know.   I hope things go better today and you can get a little time with your new baby.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:51 AM | Locked

Said prayers for all of you this a.m. and threw in Jim. He is so sick. I think it is from this terrible infection in his tooth. He sees the doctor tomorrow aft. I tried to get him to change the appt. for today but he would not.

Getting cards done. Think they will all be done on time.

Kinda warm but cloudy and rainy. Hope the sun will show itself today. Can always hope. Birds are really singing this a.m. They must see better days ahead.

Everyone try to have a wonderful day.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,537
Points 46,655
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:26 AM | Locked

Just wanted to share this new FREE 'class' at Craftsy.  It's a collection of lectures from Quiltcon last weekend in Austin.  I was only able to go for one day and I was there from beginning to end but didn't get to hear any of the lectures though I did sit in on several demos.  Once my time and energy planets align, I'll post pictures of some of the quilts :-)

http://www.craftsy.com/class/quiltcon-lecture-series-2013/194

I have to say, Angela Walter's work is amazing.

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 36 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 34 35 36 37 38 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use