Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 35 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:56 AM | Locked

Ih Thea ,I didn't know your power was still out ,I hope you get it back soon ,we have alot of power outage here but thank the Lord I'm not one of them so far. keep bundled up and do the best you can . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

Woke up to no power here. Rained all night. Trre roots have been so wet. Trees down all over the county.   Jim got the generator going. Thea, our generator runs power to the house but not the furnace or well. It was like $700. 10 years ago. Best thing we ever got. When the power is out we have the wood stove for heat. Our problem is the water. The whole house generators are like $3000. and we sure can't afford that. So, no water, at all. Can't flush the toiltes, shower, get water for anything. That is my biggie.

Jim is touchy today. Grouchy as an ole bear. He is concerned about the eye thing, and has a cold, too boot. When he got up and had to get the generator going, start a fire to get the chill out of the house, and deal with ME. He just really had a bad start to his day. I am all keyed up, too. Feel like death warmed over, head hurts so bad. Sometimes, life is just not fun. I keep telling my self that God said it would be worth it. he didn't say it would be easy!

So, POWER IS ON, YAY. Shower, here I come.

Thea, I am praying for you. I truly hope you have a better, warm, POWER-full day. With all you have to deal with, you are the most positive person I know. I would love to have your strong, great attitude.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:50 AM | Locked

Out of the bosom of the Air,
Out of the cloud-
folds of her garments shaken,
Over the woodlands brown and bare,
Over the harvest-
fields forsaken,
Silent, and soft, and slow
Descends the snow.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

Nudder chaotic morning here.... I came down on the boys over their care (or lack of, as the case may be) of the hens last night.. This AM, DS was in a total panic about getting his chores done so he got up a half hour early, yelled at his brother to hurry-Hurry-HURRY and scrambled out to tend to the chickens before he'd even finished his breakfast. I wasn't quite up yet so DH was the one to witness all of that, but appearently he was too distracted by getting ready for work to notice that the boy was is a state. All I can think is that he'd mis-read his clock when he woke up...  He woke his baby sibling up with all of his banging around and by the time I got Sprout calmed down, the boys were out doing the feeding and watering.

Yesterday I noted that they had only been filling the ring on the water dispensor, not filling the jug itself, which was why they got scolded. Well, it's a 3 gal jug so it holds enough that they shouldn't have to fill it every day. I tended to it yesterday, so I know it was still nearly full. Today DS came charging into the house and announced he couldn't get the lid off... Huh? What? Why would he need to get the lid off?....  But before i could get an explanation and a clearer idea what was happening, he grabbed his back pack and took off  running for the bus-stop  -  a full 45 min early, and in his ratty barn coat!   Jr was completely baffled but he was rushing to keep up anyway. I guess he assumed that his big brother knew what he was doing. I caught him and  asked how much water did you spill trying to get the lid off. "Not much." No..I wanna know how much water was left in it.... "Some"   That just did not sound good. Meanwhile i had to try to catch DS and get him home before he made a pest of himself at the neighbors by arriving too early for the bus. (Picture Mom in her slippers and fuzzy robe, running down the street, calling her wayward son) He came home, mystified because no one else had been at the bus-stop. He'd was certain they'd missed the bus. I showed him the clock and he was totally confused. Then I took him out to the chicken pen and checked on the feeding and watering. He'd dumped the entire water dispensor trying to get the lid off, and then just filled the ring half full.  *sigh*  We completed his chores and I sent him on his way with his siblings, right on time. 'Feel sorry for the kid. You know that all that adrenylan is still sitting there, stewing  in his sytem... what a rotten way to start his day.

Today is my  officially anniversary. In all of the hubbub of trying to catch and calm the eldest son, I missed giving Dh a kiss good-bye this morning, much less wishing him a happy day. :S  I guess the honeymoon's over.

I've set the sour dough out to rise ('was time to freshen the pot.) Sukochi's comment about the cake makes me think I should make rustic loaves and cook them in my cast iron skillet... I haven't done that in a while.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,805
Dawn replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:38 AM | Locked

I just can't seem to get movtivated today!!!   Good grief!  Really need to get rolling on Nolans quilt and get it done!  Would like to give it to him at the end of March when we will see him.  Need new glasses, so that probably doesn't help.    I did have good news, I have lost a little over 3 pounds in 3 weeks.  Yay!  Very happy about that!  Woke up w/a headache, took some tylenol, still hanging in there.  Well, will try to get some more quilting done. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:00 AM | Locked

We were just counting up the year of that skillet's use, in the family. at least 85 years old is what we figured. It was in use on the farm, when Jim's Mom was just little. And she died at 84. Jim said we don't know where, or when, Grandma got it. Could have been from her Mama. So, wow, no wonder that cake was so good. Jim totally cleaned and seasoned it after he did the cake. Probably ruined that skillet forever. All the old good stuff is GONE!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,907
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:06 AM | Locked

I guess they didn't like me compaining as the phone lines and internet went down right after I did - teehee - power was out for 12 1/2 hours - as soon as it came on I turned on everyone of the space heaters and sat down in front of them - then I plugged the little generator back in so that if the power goes out again we will have it at least - it won't run a space heater but it does keep the modem going when they don't stop the phone lines...teehee... 

I am getting warmer - the house is up to 45 - and rising... DH got the big generator out from the tent storage area that I brought from Mom's house - he looked it over and will ready it should the power go out again - we should have done this a long time ago but who thought the power would go out - or that they wouldn't worry about getting out to help us - that reply from that man on the phone still has me up in arms - so so mad... so so mad... but I will get over it - once I am warm again... well going to wrap up in my heating blanket now and see if the arthritis will calm down just a little... please just a little relief...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:55 AM | Locked

Thea, we were told that the generator must be covered and not left out in the weather. A little house was built around ours with a roof that come up to put gas in it and what not. Once or twice a year, Jim pulls it out of the house and checks the oil and all the "stuff" that can be checked. Also, it should be run for 5 mintues, every month, to lubricant it, keep the carborator clean and the gas mixed up.

We have power again, but, there are still areas of the county without power. And, the rain and high winds are coming back ,later today. Here we go again!. We have some dead pine that are so, so tall. When they fall, they will take down all the power lines and tramsformer this road has. Not looking forward to that. I have been after Jim to have them taken down. He will "someday".

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:09 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  I have one question for you, even though the power is on, how are you going to shower with no water?   Hmmm-mmm     LOL    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:21 PM | Locked

When I said the power is on. I mean the regular power. The generator is off. The pump, in the well ,works with the normal power. Just not with the generated power. Does that make sense?

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,805
Dawn replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 1:09 PM | Locked

Guess in the next 24 hours we are to get 5-8 inches.  yay.  My head is killing me.  Just sitting watching Netflix.  Going to take some more tylenol and a nap.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,823
Points 39,895
ls2116 replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 2:29 PM | Locked

Esther I had the same thing when I first started on QCA and eventualy I got the right answer from Gini as to how to fix it .  I don't remember all the steps but it is somewhere in  setting up your own profile on your home.  Maybe someone will jump on and tell you all the steps.

Rainy day today but I wanted to let everybody know I made a decision and I'm so excited I brought my new baby home today!!!!!!!!!!  Still have to go back to shop with DH to pick up the stand as it was a package deal and they took a trade in machine that I had been piecing on.  My mojo is gone.  Time for new mojo right  I got the Janome 6600P  yippie cant wait to have it all set up .

FIL is not doing good again,  I 'm not sure if I'm running to hospital tonight.

I hope everyone is doing ok and have gotten their power back on.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 2:48 PM | Locked

IS congrats on your new baby! What's her name??

Prayers for FIL and the fam.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
Helen Van Diver replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:40 PM | Locked

I woke up at 4:13 am, before alarm went off..shut off alarm so as not to wake up husband. 

Went upstair to my quilting room, ironed hubby's clothes for work and got a hoop ready for embroidering later today. 

Got my materials ready for my Pieceful Valley Quilters meeting at 9 am this morning. 

Decided on what quilt I am going to restore first (I have two that a friend wants me to sandwich and then quilt).  My friend's mother bought each quilt top for $20 each about 25 years ago.  The material used to piece these tops comes from upolstery scraps that a gentleman sewed together with looks to be a white cotton blend material.  Not all of the seams are 1/4" and there are some seams that aren't  sewn or the thread came out.

Pampered myself this afternoon with a trip to the hair salon for a much needed hair cut.   Now I am awaiting hubby's arrival home from work so we can get dinner out of the way and then it is upstair I go to my quiltroom to work on projects that are ready to go.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,823
Points 39,895
ls2116 replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:15 PM | Locked

Well I made it back home safely.  The roads were so bad it was sleeting and now more snow.  

Lajuan glad you got you power back.  My baby is the Jamome 6600P I'm going to have to adjust it is so slippery smooth on the body of machine I probably wont have to fight with making my quilts as much so it should be easier on my muscles.  I t will take me to summer to get my room situated but thats ok.  

I hope all are safe during this new round of mother nature.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 35 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use