Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 32 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 4:39 PM | Locked

Nancy I ended going for a snowshoe walk for about two hours.  It was great. I was tired but felt good!  So today I went for a nice walk with my neighbor. She is down with this cold.  After three weeks I still have difficulties getting a deep breath in.  So now I'm getting a new baby quilt ready to sew.  This beautiful sun is giving me energy!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 4:49 PM | Locked

ls2116:

I've been on ebay and even if I were to get something melissa I'm leary of shopping now been hacked once don't want it to happen again but with me it wasn't pay pal it was shoe store for 1200. bank caught it thank the lord.  

Well today it was my turn to have my credit card hacked. My bank caught it too and called me but not until 4 charges were made. So now my card is closed and I wait for the new one to come in the mail.

This sure seems to have happened to several of us lately.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 4:50 PM | Locked

Sukochi, if you subscribe to their newsletter, cloth, paper scissors have lots of free info and projects.  I was actually thinking of you when I was reading their newsletter this week.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 4:57 PM | Locked

Kris this was what I saw last weekend too....clouds , cold and snow? Right now things are melting nice and slow.  I had to spend time outside since these last two weeks were just clouds and snow.  So I really appreciate this sun.  Wish I could share this sun with you.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 5:14 PM | Locked

Statistically, we have had way too many credit cards hacked for our small group. 

Makes me nervous as well.  I will try to use cash and checks more but online they want credit card or paypal.

not sure what else to do.

Nan

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,620
ls2116 replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 5:36 PM | Locked

This is too strange Do you think it has something to do with that fiscal cliff thing maybe u s is shutting down everyone i'm just speculating...

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,478
Points 362,127
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 6:26 PM | Locked

nantenn:

Statistically, we have had way too many credit cards hacked for our small group. 

Makes me nervous as well.  I will try to use cash and checks more but online they want credit card or paypal.

not sure what else to do.

Visa and MasterCard are the largest credit card issuers in the world. More than once last year account holder info was compromised during security breaches of both companies. That a number of QCA members were affected is merely coincidence. The best any of us can do it either get rid of all credit cards (including debit cards) or monitor our accounts monthly and report fraudulent activity immediately.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 6:36 PM | Locked

Monthly?? Geez I check mine more often then that!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 80
Esther replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 7:03 PM | Locked

I am trying ti find a pattern for a wallhanging that came on my email not long ago ( 1 month ago at the most), I was going to buy it and somehow I deleted the email and lost the pattern.  I can't remember the website but it was a light lilac and white pattern with some plain white blocks.  I tought it would be beautiful for February because it is my month and my stone is amethist.  I think it emphazised the fact that is the color of an amethist.  I want to make this pattern for a challenge and will like to machine embroider something related to my birthday month in the plain squares (maybe they were 6 or 8 plain squares).  If you know what I am talking about please reply to my email at: ehopland@shaw.ca .  Thanks

Esther Hopland

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 8:13 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
and are predicted to get another 12" tomorrow night. 

We just made the decision to change our route to New Orleans.  We're going to come down through Wisconsin and central IIllinois to St. Louis to try and skirt your storm.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,620
ls2116 replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 8:28 PM | Locked

Well I was thinking about a machine online but son  came in and made another really good point to me because what I've been looking was used computer machine and he reminded me how technology doesn't always match to your computer that would be all i need sewing machine with computer problems I'm just not that savy on the new technology  I know everyone must be up to the gills with hearing me go on about machines but thanks for whoever is reading my run on sentences.  

On another note I can't wait til i go see FIL again I want to get this water looking fabric i seen  at lqs.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

Angele:

Sukochi, if you subscribe to their newsletter, cloth, paper scissors have lots of free info and projects.  I was actually thinking of you when I was reading their newsletter this week.

Jim relented. Debbie-Do said they were having a 30% off sale today. I bought a digital issue of the latest one. It is SO awesome. Loaded with easy to follow patterns and tons of ideas. Wonderful. I think he is begining to see that I am serious about this art form and is relenting some what. We are not broke. Just the time in life where we are getting older and, are not well off ,so money matters. I think ,in this economy, and with all what seems to be threatening from Washington, we must ALL think about the future of our money and spending habits. When we were young marrieds, we used credit to pay for everything, but counted on my grandmother to bail us out. We have had our last inheritence come in, with the small amt from Jim's Mom. So, are tightening the belt. People are living longer now, and I think times will be tough for so many.

Talked to Ron a bit ago. He was telling me that he would like to get Jim involved in his new endeavor. he has accepted a position with The Joy House, a halfway house for troubled youth. Jim is just sitting in front of the TV now, like he has just given up on life. Ron said he could use him at The Joy House. Jim, while not having a degree in counseling, is so great with troubled kids. So, will see where this leads. Thanks be to God, Ron will remain our Past or and Bible study teacher. Our Thurs classs will just meet at 3 p.m., rather then 10 a.m.

Time for sleep. Have a wonderful rest.

Sukochi

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 32
Points 370
Edna replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 8:49 PM | Locked

Oh my! I read some of the posts here, re: "accounts being hacked". I had a scare a few moments ago myself. I received an email, supposedly from Paypal, that an amount in excess of 86.00 had been removed from my Paypal account for some type of payment to some INTERNATIONAL company that I'd never heard of. (of course there was a LINK on the page, and instructions to log in to verify the purchase, and that the amount might not yet be reflected in my Paypal account)

I have heard it said many times to NEVER click on those links; so I pulled up Paypal on another tab and logged in, and found no such transaction. However, in order to alieve my fears and nerves further, I called Paypal directly to make sure; and, I was assured that the email was indeed a SPOOF-fraud, and that the transaction number given by the FAKE company was, also, FAKE.   Whew! What a relief.  Now-back to daydreaming about finishing up my many on-going projects.

Quilt Salad Shop

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,972
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:28 AM | Locked

First - I finally fell asleep last night and was so sound asleep when DH's alarm went off - sometimes he gets up in the middle of the night and goes out to his chair - so I am calling him as it is quite difficult for me to turn his alarm off - I actually have to get up out of bed to do it... he usually comes right away... I am calling and calling - no DH - so finally I wrench myself up and believe me when I say - my body was not in any way going to allow me to get up - but I tell it over and over we have to - so I finally after about 5 minutes of alarm going off and no DH get my body to cooperate and we get up - turn the alarm off and go look for DH - he is no where to be found and the truck is gone... I finally realize it is about 15 minutes to 6 and he has to be at work and left early - but why - oh why my DH did you not turn the alarm off - argh!!!  So I look and the animals had not been fed so took care of that and moved to the living room to my heated warm chair as there is no way i can go back to bed... and I was so asleep...

It is raining here - no snow yet - they keep saying it is coming and the schools have already closed for the day - I told DH last night that I will laugh if our darling metereorologist get it wrong and we just get rain - the snow was supposed to have started early this morning but so far just lots of rain - they say here in Enid we have had over an inch - the snow now is supposed to be here by noon... I hope that happens...lol for their sake.

Hacking:  Well my problems started back in November - my Debit card was hacked not once but 4 times between the first and the last time in December - the only place on line that I could think it might have happened was Amazon.com and I now use an Amazon card there since they don't have paypal... I had used my debit card there and had put a credit card on there for a couple days while waiting for the new debit card and that credit card was hacked... I contacted Amazon to no avail they never did answer me - every other place I had used my card answered me and checked their systems and some of them have improved theirs just in case.  I haven't had any problems -(knock on wood) since December - it is a very big hassle though...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380
Kristin (KAlbrecht) replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

Hi Thea --

I feel for you on that pesky alarm in the morning.  My DH often sleeps in another room because of . . . several reasons . . . the alarm clock is on his side of the bed so if he's not in bed with me I have to navigate to the other side of the bed to turn it off . . . navigating around 90# doggies and sometimes the kitties . . . it gets interested at times . . . if the kitties are will me they will nip at whatever part of my body they've chosen as a pillow as soon as I try to start moving to turn off the alarm.  

I had to call in sick to work today . . . I woke yesterday with a nasty UTI . . . I'll spare you all the gory details . . . but I'm going to the clinic today to get some antibiotics.  I learned yesterday that UTI's are a common occurrence for PD . . . that would be in line with what I've seen . . . I've had four nasty UTI's in the course of 12 months . . . UGHHHH!  

The doggies are happy I'm home today 'cuz it means they don't have to spend their day in the crate.

In the meantime I'm going to try to get caught up on my RR commitments.  I started working on Ginny's center on Saturday . . . got a lot done but still have more to do.  In the meantime I am drooling over Carolyn's center . . . trying to come up with something really cool for such a fancy center.  Other activities today will include catching up on laundry, getting a bath for the car, and updating my iPhone and iPad with past due Apple updates.  Oh how I truly love these extra days at home.

Anyway, have a blessed day.

Love ya'll .........

Cheers!

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Page 32 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 30 31 32 33 34 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use