Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 30 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 4:20 PM | Locked

Wow!  The stuff you find when cleaning out your sewing room!  Found nice old magazines,  Stuff I am not sure WHAT I was going to do with.  I have printed off and have so many books and magazines, I shouldn't have to buy any more for the rest of my life!  SHOULDN'T is the operative word, but probably will anyway.  So, after 5 hours of cleaning and throwing and all, I am now on the couch resting my back and looking through some old magazines and other assortments. 

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 5:16 PM | Locked

Thoughts and prayers going ou to the Nascar fans who were injured by debris going over/thru the catch fence in the Nationwide race at Daytona today. Bad, bad wreck. One car lost it's engine to that fence. Many fans injured, one in surgery. So sad. Had this happened back in 1990, when D.E. died, many would probably be dead this evening. Safety upgrades have been enormous since D.E. was taken to the big racetrack in the sky.

Took a long walk, down the big hill and then up the small hill, on  our road today. Knees were shaking so bad when I got back. This cold has knocked the stuffing out of me. I have been just bone-chilling cold since I got home. Went in and took a nap. Slept llike the dead. Got up and made some soup for supper. Feel halfway human again.

Hope all had a really great Satruday.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:55 PM | Locked

DH and I had to get light bulb for car and I got a new thermometer for outside as ours was broken and i was thinking it was 40 all the time.   wrong.  tried facebook again but its really not the best for me.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 7:59 PM | Locked

Sedn a quiltie, get a quilt. Front, then back....

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:01 PM | Locked

Sukochi, very cute

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:03 PM | Locked

Send a quilt, get a quiltie. This is picture 1: Back, Picture 2; Top. Still have another to come. And, a Purple Quiltie. Oh, and a Curves and Circles p.c. I always get mine done and mail them out, way before it is time. So, I have long waits.

Over my snit. Will go read our Church Lesson for tomorrow. Joshua 10.

Blessing, All.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,716
Points 248,537
Thea replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:05 PM | Locked

Some days I wonder when it is going to all be over.  I had a relatively good day - but I am trying hard to find a medication that is over the counter that will help to relieve my arthritis pain.  So far, I have tried quite a few but none work.  My doctor recently told me she wanted me to take my pain meds as soon as I wake up in the morning as I told her it takes me about 3 to 4 hours most days to be able to get anything done - then after 3 to 4 hours I take my meds and they take affect and I start my day getting done what I can get done.  If I do what she says, my prescription pain meds won't last me half a month - so I have been trying to find something that will take me through those other hours... I could I guess go out and sit in my hot tub... that is if it isn't snowing or raining out...teehee... see still in an almost good mood... 

I got almost all of Christines blocks cut for the rest of the quilts I am making for her... 2 more blocks - 8 each to cut out - had hoped to get them done tonight but don't think that I am going to be able to - I have sat down in my recliner with the electric blanket on full underneath me to get the pain to recede... took my last 2 pain pills for today and hoping they will last till I go to bed...I can hope right... 

I am not sure if it will but I am hopeful.  I am getting tired so bed isn't far off - was going to watch a movie with DH but a friend of his called so he is over talking to him and the movie will just have to wait... we shall see how long he is on the phone - sometimes men can talk for hours on the phone...teehee... 

Well, going to sit back - read a bit - say a few prayers let the heat seep into my bones and ligaments and muscles and hope to get some relief.  

I wish all of you the best... 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:23 PM | Locked

Absolutely love quilties. I am going to market your creativity. This can be an supplemental income for us as we ago.

Esty site will work for this. And overhead will be low. I have lots of ideas. This is the Lord 's answer to how you will make it financially.

Foot is tender but able to walk. Son picked out engagement ring for his love. He took me with him.. This may sound simple but his first marriage..i found out due to mail coming Mr and Mrs.   I was so sad but this time.......

my only concern is her  8 yo son being very spoiled by all the grandparents. 

Planning on maddie and i.  Going to church tomorrow. She has also decided  tGirl Scout.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 9:37 PM | Locked

Lajuan nice butterfly is that echo stitching around?

I just watched some things on you tube wow!!!  Janome 12000 I think with slim embroidery on backside looks pretty neat!!!

Then i watched Kaye Wood with I'm so bad with names_________________    H_________________

stenciling on like tissue paper no thread needle puncture lay that on top of quilt block and sew on that for quilting motifs  I'm gonna try that .  Wish I could print this post so I remember how its done.  

Ok I've flip flopped again added xtra "0" on that last reference.  Now I'm thinking about singer quantum L 500 and Janome 6600P.

I'm beginning to feel better. Even finished center on nephews quilt last nite! 

Should I forget about L500  Do any of you have it?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 142
Points 2,170
stitcheraz replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 9:49 PM | Locked

Is, someone suggested to me to use water soluble stabilizer (instead of tissue which tends to tear as you're stitching, or the pins tear it) and permanent black marker to put quilt motifs on to stitch through and I had good success.  Press 'N Clear plastic wrap worked, too, and, of course is much cheaper, but it gummed up the machine needle and I had to keep cleaning the needle with alcohol.  The stabilizer was great.  I didn't even have to use any water.  It tore away perfectly without having to change stitch length....pinned in place around the motif and it was easy.   

stitcheraz

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:14 PM | Locked

Stitcer az yep I forgot that method too I should be writing these down can't tell you how many times I've used tear away for embroidery but when it comes to quilting I get brain blocks over anylizing.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:59 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Kris, yes, my epitate will say 'Yep, It sure wasn't boring'!

LOL. Boring is overrated. I'm trying to be less boring.

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Jim has had a metal detector for years and has found a button. That was probably 4 years ago. Now, he has decided to step it up a bit. Gonna get a better machine and tear up the churchyard! Pastor had told him that it was a Union camp in the Civil War. We went over there once but couldn't even dig the ground was so hard. He is going to get some digging toys to go with this machine. WIll also head out to some old communites that were part of the past of my great greats. Should be interesting. At least, will get him out of the house and with other guys. I love him dearly but this 24/7 business is getting old.

Can't wait to hear what he finds.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:01 PM | Locked

Angele:
Hey it almost feels like spring we had -3c( about26F) yesterday and we had sunshine! Today is already sunny and nice!  Woohoo! What a change from the -24 to-33 we had in the last three weeks!  

Send some down my way. For the third weekend in a row we're under winter storm warning. It's getting old. Big fat flakes flying right now. It's not as heave as it was earlier but the main even doesn't get going until 4am EST.

Angele:
So I'm finally over this crazy cold, and am planning to sew, sew, sew.....and go play out too....llol hope everyone has a great weekend and that health comes back your way!

Glad you're feeling better.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 6:46 AM | Locked

Sunday, again. Church. Jim will go with today. Might have to introduce him. He hasn't been to church in two months!

Post cards are going well. Just had to find my rythem, I guess.

Was told about a great magazine, Cloth, Paper, Scissors. Looks to be great. However, the tightwad won't let me get a subscription. Thought I had him won over about 10 p.m. but nope. Grouch!.

The wreck at Daytona yesterday was just horrible. So sad. The race is on this afternoon. Our fave day of the year. NASCAR IS BACK!!

Better go. Have a belssed day.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 7:06 AM | Locked

Ginny:
I am beginning to wonder if there is a common denominator, such as where we order supplies from or something.

There was a major breach of files of a large credit card info pool. I can't remember if it was in the hundreds of thousands or actually that number in millions. I should have saved the link when I got it. What was breached was the pool that both Master Card and Visa use that holds all the card and security codes issued information. This is the brains that either allows your transaction to go through or be declined. So even a card that hasn't been used in years could have been breached.  The problem has been solved but the gremlins still have the info so they're very busy. Until I got this info I too thought it was a specific shop, etc. Not so. A card that hadn't even been used could have been breached. I know of one specific large fabric online shop that used this pool so as result their data bank was affected. It will probably be a long time before this issue is totally resolved.

My breach was discovered immediately and they only had time for one transaction. Bank company refund and I now have a new Visa account.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 30 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 28 29 30 31 32 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use