Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 29 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 7:41 AM | Locked

CC, I am just astounded by your job. It must feel incredilbe to handle those bones. Amazing.

Cold is hanging on, but, I am trying to ignore it and get 'er done.

Kris, yes, my epitate will say 'Yep, It sure wasn't boring'!

Jim has had a metal detector for years and has found a button. That was probably 4 years ago. Now, he has decided to step it up a bit. Gonna get a better machine and tear up the churchyard! Pastor had told him that it was a Union camp in the Civil War. We went over there once but couldn't even dig the ground was so hard. He is going to get some digging toys to go with this machine. WIll also head out to some old communites that were part of the past of my great greats. Should be interesting. At least, will get him out of the house and with other guys. I love him dearly but this 24/7 business is getting old.

Jim said such a weird thing last night. We were reading, after we went to bed, Lils was sleep by me. Jim looked over at her and said "Did you get the stuff she drinks?" WHAT?! Huh?! He seemed very confused. He said, maybe, he was thinking of something else.  WHAT!? Finally, we got it down to that I bought bacon. It is supposed to be good for her coat to dribble, just a touch, on her food. But, she doesn't DRINK it.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 7:46 AM | Locked

Just heard on the news that red wine helps prevent hearing loss. WHAT? Hmmm...where's that bottle.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:03 AM | Locked

Hey it almost feels like spring we had -3c( about26F) yesterday and we had sunshine! Today is already sunny and nice!  Woohoo! What a change from the -24 to-33 we had in the last three weeks!  The kids were so excited to finally be able to go out at recess the last day and a half..... And we were happy to see them out too!  I really was getting cabin fever not to say all these germs cooped up in small spaces....yuck! 

So I'm finally over this crazy cold, and am planning to sew, sew, sew.....and go play out too....llol hope everyone has a great weekend and that health comes back your way!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:20 AM | Locked

CC, it is so great to hear about your life,  now how many Moms can say they bonded with DD over dinosaur bones?   Betcha her boyfriend quickly helped her remove all traces of dino dust from her clothes.  Hope Sprout feels much better soon.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:24 AM | Locked

MNnancy, I agree with you about the frequency of credit card fraud we are seeing in this group lately.  I am beginning to wonder if there is a common denominator, such as where we order supplies from or something.  It really bothers me.  I am checking my credit cards weekly for signs of fraud.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 14,735
Dawn replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:35 AM | Locked

Going to applique some dolphins on the back of a quilt for a friend.  She is 93 and didn't really want to do that, so I offered.  Her daughter-in-law and I are friends and she is making it for her great-granddaughter.  After that is done, going to get my countertop in my sewing room cleared.  Bought 10 bins to put things in.  Bought some stuff to get ready to make the closet all shelving for all my stuff.  Did get some things moved in there, thinking I am liking it!  I can now walk all around my cutting table so that is wonderful, before I could only work at one side, seemed like such a waste.  Well, better get some breakfast and get the bed made and then down to sewing!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:46 AM | Locked

Ginny:
I am beginning to wonder if there is a common denominator, such as where we order supplies from or something.

Ginny, I was wondering that too until Phyllis explained what she heard from her banker about that new hacking software.  That makes sense - my bank picked up the fraud because the hacker didn't have the 3-digit security code and expiration date.

It doesn't sound like it's anything we're doing wrong.  It's not that we're ordering things online.  It's simply because we own credit cards and they randomly found that our number is an active one.

gini:
our credit card company keeps track of unusual charges from different areas.  we always call them if we are going out of town and where we are going so they know it is us.

Yeah, we learned that the hard way 20 years ago on a wine buying trip out west.  As I said earlier, my worry now is being away from home when someone hacks our card.  The bank would be able to notify us long distance, and they can issue a new card within 24 hours, but we won't be home to receive that card.  Thankfully, we'd still have the debit card to finish out the trip, but those don't have all the same protections.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:54 AM | Locked

Dawn:
After that is done, going to get my countertop in my sewing room cleared.  Bought 10 bins to put things in.  Bought some stuff to get ready to make the closet all shelving for all my stuff.

It really feels good to get better organized, doesn't it?  Have fun!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:55 AM | Locked

Angele:
So I'm finally over this crazy cold, and am planning to sew, sew, sew.....and go play out too....

Sounds like you've got a nice day planned, Angele.  Have fun!  We just got in from a good long snowshoe hike with the dogs, and now it's time to pack for our mid-winter getaway.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 1,880
Lynn replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:58 AM | Locked

I am new to this QC  and I am trying to post some Pictures of my quilts.  I posted one last night, but I have not been able to post anymore.  I have been following the instruction but cannot get them to post??????   WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????  lYNN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:27 AM | Locked

Nancy

My Bank of America debit card has the same protections as their credit card.  In fact just a week or so ago they saw some unusual usage and blocked the card until I called to verify the charges.   Luckily Lewis and I both have a card so if one number is hacked we can still use the other card. 

It is unbelievable what hackers do to our systems.  The program to hack banks has actually been out for awhile now.  

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,421
Points 415,844
gini replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:28 AM | Locked

lynn, i don't know what to tell you.  i go directly from the camera to this site and i don't have any trouble. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:52 AM | Locked

Clark Howard ,who is a millionaire radio/TV guy, who gives all sorts of smart money info, said everyone should put a freeze on their credit with the three big reporting agencies. It only take a few days to have it lifted. But, then none of this stuff can ruin your credit.  I have heard that people can slip some do-hickey in the ATM card slider in stores, as well as banks. Even at the checkout lines in stores. They can, then, read everything that is swipped thru the card reader. We had a waitress charge an additional two dinners on our credit card once. When we got the bill, we took it and the reciept to the restaurant in quesiton, showed it to the mgr. Just so happens that lady was on duty. He could tell who it was from some numbers or something on the reciept, and fired her hniney, right then and there. The mgr. told us that they had had three servers fired within as many weeks who had done the same thing. And, this was 12 yaers ago. Clark says use cash, pull out as much as you can, beside the auto pay stuff, and, just use the cash. We don't use checks anymore. I wonder if there is any problems with checks.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 2:26 PM | Locked

When we had trouble with our CC being hacked last year, they told us that it's not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when". It will happen to everyone who uses some form of electronic banking ....and how are ya gonna avoid that in this day and age??

Dh has taken the kids to do a few errands so Sprout and I have the house to ourselves for a few minute. its Goot thing 'cause the boys are driving me nuts working on their derby cars and Mom needs a time out!

Himself promised me a dinner out this weekend, but  it just ain't gonna happen. Sprouts miserable with his cold. I think I'm coming down with it and I'm pretty sure Dh has it.  *sigh* I get one dinner date a year out of that man, and it never seems to happen...   I told him to pick up a couple lobster butts while he's at the store and I'll fix serf and turf tonight. We'll have a romatic dinner with just the 6 of us....  7 if he drag BM home. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 2:39 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
CC, I am just astounded by your job.
  Yeah...Wouldn't it be great if it actually paid, too!??
LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Kris, yes, my epitate will say 'Yep, It sure wasn't boring'!

Boring is for wusses!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 29 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use