Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 28 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 12:55 PM | Locked

running errands today is gonna zap all my strenth.  Staying away from hospital also.  Excited my BOM will be started its been on waitlist.  Wanted to run to sewing shop but snowing today.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 1:59 PM | Locked

Ran errands myself, and am just draggin' my fanny. I bet this sets me back a step or two. Our Walamrt is horrible. People just stop their buggies right in the center of the aisle, then give you a rude look when you ask nicely if you could possibly get around it. Grrr. Or, they meet up with someone they know and park their buggies, side by side, blocking the whole asile.  Then, the lines of people start to back up and there is just no where to go. I try to get my buggy as far to the right, or left, as possible and am constantly aware if someone is trying to get to something my buggy is in front of. II am, also, the lady you see trying to help a deaf elderly lady find something. I followed this one poor ole wreck up and down two aisles looking for honey. Found it, but ,she wanted a type of honey that wasn't there. So, then I headed to another aisle, only to have her come, screaming after me, to help her find something else. Just sometimes, I wish I was not quite so herlpful.

Forgot to take the p.c.'s, I had already gotten to the point of applique, with me. I needed floss and had to guess. Probaby didn't get one color right. I used to cross-stitch and had the entire box of every color of DMC floss there is. Then I turned to quilting and gave that expensive box of floss to a co-worker. Now, I guess, I need to start all over again.  Needed some bunny tail pompom's but, the fabric dept. person was at lunch so couldn't get any fabric cut. Oh, well, there is always Sunday whcih is the next day we will be leaving the house.

Cold and drab today. Rained all last night. We are blessed to have temps, high enough ,that there is just rain.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 320
Points 4,485
Ally replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 2:56 PM | Locked

Finished Step 1 on the mystery quilt in quiltmaker by bonnie hunter called lazy sunday. Is anyone else doing this quilt?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 4:52 PM | Locked

I had my credit card # stolen 3 weeks ago and they bought &107 worth of iTunes. Go figure. Must have been a kid. I don't know how they get ahold of our numbers. Anyway, my cc company caught it right away and shut down my card. I know because I tried to use it and access was denied. Discover is good about that sort of thing. They removed the charge from my account and sent me a new card.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:21 PM | Locked

Well I've almost gone full circle in thought of new machine trying to be frugal is that a word.  Back to just wanting sewing table.  Did make it out to sewing store though and brought food home because i don't feel like cooking.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:48 PM | Locked

Wild Day today. I was up with Sprout a lot last night (dang virus!!). I started the day behind on chores (hard to get anything done with a sick little one in the house) so Tried to get caught up on them in the morning. This afternoon was taken up with helping the Boys (and their Daddy) work on their Pinewood derby cars. Then I took a rare break and left the guys to their own devices (including Sprout) and dashed down to the lab. My work is play so that was a treat.

Bossman totally suprised me by putting me on the power scribe today - a job that's always left to only the most trusted and experienced preppers.  DD got off the bus there and BM had her working with one scribe and me working with another - both of us on the jawbone of a small variety of tyranosaur (total jaw length is more then 30" so even if the species is small, this no little animal!!)  I can't believe he trusted us with it. For the most part he left us to our work and did his... We got the giggles when we realized what we were spending our Momny-daughter time doing. Bonding over Bones - Gotta love it!  Of course the silly kid chose today to dress-up so her pretty frilly girly dress got covered with dino-dust...  On the way home, I dropped her off with her BF and pointed out that with all that fine white powder on her clothes, I'll have proof of every place he touches when she comes home!! BWAHAHAH

Now my hand is throbbing and my wrist is on fire. It's time for ice!  Next time I'll know to take my brace if I'm gonna be on power tools all afternoon!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:52 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
Discover is good about that sort of thing. They removed the charge from my account and sent me a new card.

I know the cc companies are good about clearing the charges and issuing new cards, but I wonder why there has been such an increase in credit card fraud.  It seems like we have all experienced this in the past year.  It had never happened to me before our incident this summer, and now it seems like one of the QCA members is writing about it every week!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:55 PM | Locked

chocake2:
We got the giggles when we realized what we were spending our Momy-daughter time doing. Bonding over Bones - Gotta love it!

Those are the things that make fond memories!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,135
Phyllis replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:59 PM | Locked

When my account was hacked recently my bank said that there is new software on the black market that runs numbers.  Each bank has the first 8 numbers of a credit card number the same.  They run those numbers until they find a match to all of the numbers. She said it is very easy now for them to find account numbers and hack them.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:16 PM | Locked

Phyllis:
They run those numbers until they find a match to all of the numbers. She said it is very easy now for them to find account numbers and hack them.

Well, isn't that exciting?  Not.

It would certainly be difficult if your account got hacked while you were traveling.  You'd be stuck with no card, and you wouldn't be home to receive your new card.  Well, at least those of us who only own/use one card.  Maybe I should rethink that policy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I ran away from home, drunk. Fell down a hill and lost my glasses in the woods. There was a class action suit about it. But, I didn't know at the time. I was strip searched when thay admitted me. I still have nightmares.

OMG woman. The things you've been through.

Hope you and Jim feel better soon.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
 It seems like we have all experienced this in the past year.  It had never happened to me before our incident this summer, and now it seems like one of the QCA members is writing about it every week!
                                     Navy federal called me a month or so ago and asked me if I was taking a International flight ( out of Country) and was I staying at the Marriott in California before trip. I was so appreciative that they did not allow this as it was for Thousands of dollars. The agent asked me if I used it at a gas station or ATM- NO and NO I had not used that card in months, except that week on the Internet for a  gift at Walmart. She said it was either a hacker or possibly  an employee at Walmart.    SO Scary!!!    I some times get frustrated when I cannot use my card because they put a stop on it. when something looks different in my spending habits, but after that experience Im very glad they call me first.     Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:18 PM | Locked

our credit card company keeps track of unusual charges from different areas.  we always call them if we are going out of town and where we are going so they know it is us. 

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 19,400
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:42 PM | Locked

What a coincidence. I was just at my bank yesterday to deal with the exact same thing. They called my husband to ask if I was in the UK. I don't even have a passport. Now I don't have a card and I can't access my account. They will reimburse me after they investigate. They stole a total of $1150 that went to the SPCA in the UK. Go figure. It's a  mess. This must be a busy season for crooks.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 7:41 AM | Locked

CC, I am just astounded by your job. It must feel incredilbe to handle those bones. Amazing.

Cold is hanging on, but, I am trying to ignore it and get 'er done.

Kris, yes, my epitate will say 'Yep, It sure wasn't boring'!

Jim has had a metal detector for years and has found a button. That was probably 4 years ago. Now, he has decided to step it up a bit. Gonna get a better machine and tear up the churchyard! Pastor had told him that it was a Union camp in the Civil War. We went over there once but couldn't even dig the ground was so hard. He is going to get some digging toys to go with this machine. WIll also head out to some old communites that were part of the past of my great greats. Should be interesting. At least, will get him out of the house and with other guys. I love him dearly but this 24/7 business is getting old.

Jim said such a weird thing last night. We were reading, after we went to bed, Lils was sleep by me. Jim looked over at her and said "Did you get the stuff she drinks?" WHAT?! Huh?! He seemed very confused. He said, maybe, he was thinking of something else.  WHAT!? Finally, we got it down to that I bought bacon. It is supposed to be good for her coat to dribble, just a touch, on her food. But, she doesn't DRINK it.

Sukochi

Page 28 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 26 27 28 29 30 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use