Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 27 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,025
Points 369,867
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:14 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
There is not enough money, in the world, to buy the post cards I make. It may look simple, but it eats up time, like nothing you can imagine. Of course, I guess, if you got it down to a science, and did nothing else in your life, it could work. For oh, $10.00 a pc. And, I don't know one person crazy enough to pay that

Once you got it down to a science and started making money you wouldn't have to do all the work alone. You draw the design and someone else can do the assembly. You'd be surprised by how many people would buy a whimsical hand made postcard. 

Heck we pay $3 for a piece of purple plastic. LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:16 PM | Locked

Well Is, I made it to the Guildcrafters store after my tests at the hospital today.   Oh my gosh, I am so glad that you mentioned all the quilts they had hanging.  That place was fabulous. I only bought 3/4 yard of fabric and ended up leaving $39.00 in that store in the other goodies that I bought.  I think that place is running a close 2nd to Country Quilts in East Lansing.  Well, maybe they are no 1 in actual fabric as Country quilts also has a lot of machines and sewing tables and such.  I am glad to have fund this place.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

Gini, are you sure you can't catch the next flight over the mountain?? If I beg...??? I'll even pay you in fat quarters!! And Brownies.... (Well -  a brownie. They don't last that long around here. LOL)

Congrats on those baby snuggles, Grammy Ginny.

Sukochi, the card is too cute. Keep 'em coming. You inspire the rest of us!

Nan, take it easy and heal fast.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:21 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I love your cat postcard! Hmmm you know, you could either make money making the postcards or teaching how th make them!!! I know I don't have your creativity to make those small projects.

Thea, I hope and pray that your appointment at the NH went well, and that you got many issues resolved. When my friend's mom was in the NH, she had to go and argue with the staff quite a bit for them to understand that she really wanted to be involved in her mother's care.  They need to get it that even though you know that this is the best place for your mom to be now, you REALLY want her to get better and come back home! This is why she is in care, to gain strength and energy so she can still be independent. How about if you could bring her dog to visit? To remind her that she is missed by you, Jay and her furry baby.  Maybe this would give her what she needs to work at it in order to get better.  Stay strong Thea. Feel the love and prayers wrapped around you and your mom.

Nan, please be careful.  I agree that we need to put bubble wrap all around you so you don't get hurt!

relaxing tonight and hoping to get up and go sew....maybe not, I'll just do some handwork!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

For the rest of night my promise to myself is i'm going to put new sewing machine thought on shelf and work on nephews quilt and get the center done hopefully.

Sil has called the roller coaster continues.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:38 PM | Locked

Oh, Linda, I feel so bad for you. That many sinus infectiosn it terrible. You really are struggling. I was so looking forwrd to this winter. I was sick all last winter, so knew this one would be great. Wel,, guess what? Rather then just being sick all summer, I have been sick all winter, too. It is just crazy. Well, I have from April until June to recover from my surgery, totally. So, I pray that this coming summer will see me all healthy and feeling good. Even, next winter. T&P continue, dear Linda.

Got another pc ready for the hand stitching. That makes 6, today. So, guess I will do the stitiching tomorrow night and do the next set on Saturday. Then, they will be done for Nan, and I can do a few for me. I have decided to give up on swapping, in March. Just to much going on. That way, I can make some as I have time for regular swaps and then will have some in store for April. I am thinking of making a pc for Jim's DA for Easter. I want a lace cross with the sunrise behind it. I have perfect fabric for the sunrise but the lace cross. I wonder if you can find a ready made lace cross?. Or, could I just get lace and make my own cross? What do y'all think? Has to be no taller the 6 inchs and no wider then 4 inches. Or, vise verse.

Going to bed. J. has a eye appt in the a.m. and I need some supplies. 

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 9:21 PM | Locked

Sewing machine staring me in face and don't have energy to move it whatever this virus is lingering cough tickle in throat bowling ball head gets worse at night time sewing post poned. Maybe I should take Dayquil but i don't like the liquid and I forgot to buy gel caps.

I stand corrected by SIL hospital did leave ng tube in FIL today was regression day o2 dr. said went to dangerouse level FIL wouldn't keep mask on kept throwing it off  so they are using the tube one ok, he refused to eat,   i.v's have returned tomorrow another scope its one step forward two steps back.

I should be resting but i'd rather be on site I feel like I'm a little productive.  Anyone have an answer to how long this virus lasts?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:13 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I wonder if you can find a ready made lace cross?.

Seems like I saw one in my latest Home Sew catalog. You could look there. Sounds like it'll be a stunning card!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:16 PM | Locked

chocake2:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I wonder if you can find a ready made lace cross?.

Seems like I saw one in my latest Home Sew catalog. You could look there. Sounds like it'll be a stunning card!

Found it! http://www.homesew.com/Appliques-ss2.html#1272

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 6:43 AM | Locked

IS, I have been sick since Sunday aft. Jim is sick now, but lots worse then me. He is running a good fever. A man, won't go to the Dr. What is that about men? Will call and cancel his eye appt. for this a.m. BTW, you are wasting your money on Dayquil and Nyquil. They don't really do anything. I have had more Dr's. tell me that. Also, if you are Bipolar, never, NEVER take Musinex. It causes us to go into a serious episode.  I spent 7 day in a Behavorial Heath Center  (really a Drug Rehad place. The stuff I witnessed in there), because of a week on that stuff. Two other housewives, both Bi on Musinex, were there for the same reason. One ripped her husband's clothes up, the other ran down the road screaming, with only underwear on. I ran away from home, drunk. Fell down a hill and lost my glasses in the woods. There was a class action suit about it. But, I didn't know at the time. I was strip searched when thay admitted me. I still have nightmares. There was a tornado that went through Atlanta downtown, when I was there. Fitting.

So, that is it for now. Lots to do today. Yucky or not.

CC, your are an angel. Will try Walmart today and if they don't have any. Will order this aft. Thanks so.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 7:17 AM | Locked

IS I've been sick for over two weeks. I dragged my butt for two, not able to think let alone sew! This past weekend, I started feeling better. I'm still short of breath, and have some coughing fits but I feel human at least. Right now I think it's the headaches when I get up that annoy me. It's not the best way to start your day.  I pray that you feel better soon.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,528
Points 31,105
Diana replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 7:30 AM | Locked

Hi Gang,   Hope everyone gets well that are feeling lousy and keep those that are well, well....

I haven't had a cold since Nov., but that was because I had been in Vegas and caught it from who knows what???   I also use a neti-pot to try to keep my sinuses clear and unstuffed.  I also take generic claritin every day because I'm allergic to my cats.  Knock on wood...lol    Maybe taking an anti-virul med every day also helps.  I'm prone to cold-sores so it keeps them at bay.  And I pump lots of vitamins and minerals.  7 different ones a day including a daily women's multi-vitamin.  That's the only thing I take.  Nothing else for blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, etc. which both my sister and brother take.  Guess I got the right combination of  genes.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 8:33 AM | Locked

IS,  I'm sorry that you really did get this virus, but you can keep it - I don't want it.  Of course you won't probably feel any better when you look out the window at the snow coming down.  I am sure we won't get as much as they did in KC and that area,  they say 1-3 inches, which will probably turn to sleet or such.   Guess I am going to stay home today and sew.

Sorry to hear that your FIL is not doing well again.  Hopefully this will turn around for him eventually.  Prayers up for you and your FIL.    Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:47 AM | Locked

Hi Is and everyone.  I sure hope you are all safe if you are in the snow storm and rain storms. 

Linda I feel bad for you 6 infections are terrible.  I'm getting ready to go to see my dr. now pretty sure that I have a sinus infection also.  Just been dizzy and headache and all that fun stuff.  I have been reading Carol's instructions on how to prepare & cut material and also my complete guide to quilting book & video.  I actually was trying to get the material ready and decided not to cut with this fuzzy head today.  I still have time for the Easter Swap before I cut.  I just don't like to wait until the last day in case something comes up with my mom.

Joyce

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 12:27 PM | Locked

Melissa did they actually get hold of your card or just the number and then use it to buy things over the internet?

Glad that your bank is going to reimburse you. I had my credit card details stolen and they bought flights with them. They got caught because they tried to use it on QVC and as I had shopped there previously they had my address. Luckily I was not charged or anything.

Why oh why do these s***s think they have the right to do this to hard working people who have done nothing to anyone?

Rant over!!

Cold here today but no snow a few little flurries but hopefully that's all.

DH has gone out tonight to watch a Rugby League club challenge game ( rugby league is a bit like american football ) so I am home alone. In control of the TV remote and able to have what I want for dinner!!

Hope you are all ok today xx

• | Post Points: 35
Page 27 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 25 26 27 28 29 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use