Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 26 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:33 PM | Locked

There is not enough money, in the world, to buy the post cards I make. It may look simple, but it eats up time, like nothing you can imagine. Of course, I guess, if you got it down to a science, and did nothing else in your life, it could work. For oh, $10.00 a pc. And, I don't know one person crazy enough to pay that. The materials are really not much expense. Cause one fat quarter can make the base of lots of cards, but it's the time it takes to put it all together.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:52 PM | Locked

i will happily pay $5 a piece. I know it is labor intensive.same as i could never afford some beautiful quilts cause it is so much helbor in it.

able to bear some weight n foot today but not much.  My hand tremors have returned, they had left when i was n Hawaii. Raining here again....weekend is supposed to be nice.

thanks for T& P.....

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:17 PM | Locked

nantenn:

i will happily pay $5 a piece. I know it is labor intensive.same as i could never afford some beautiful quilts cause it is so much helbor in it.

able to bear some weight n foot today but not much.  My hand tremors have returned, they had left when i was n Hawaii. Raining here again....weekend is supposed to be nice.

thanks for T& P.....

Hmmm....Five bucks you say? Times 10? We will talk.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:27 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

DS1 and DBIL are off the road and starting to set up their new, (I hope), forever home. This is the card:

Cute kitty!   I saw some shrink wrap at Joann's the other day and thought of you.  :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,667
Points 37,605
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:52 PM | Locked

Well I did make it out to sewing store.  They were showing me the Laura Ashley machine $1400 brought home pamplet but they said I have to decide quick as someone turned in this machine to upgrade.  I'm wore out.  

I hope we don't get the 9" snow their predicting.  Take care everyone.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:03 PM | Locked

Sukochi, your card is adorable!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:06 PM | Locked

Oh, Debbie, I forgot that. Will be at Wally World tomorrow, will check. Ours always goes quickly when they get it.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:28 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Very cute quilt Ginny.  That bear is so cuddly! Baby will have sweet dreams with it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:32 PM | Locked

Sukochi, love your newest card

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:46 PM | Locked

Well, I am not a happy camper. I just got home from the bank. My account is overdrawn to the tune of $1150. Someone got a hold of my atm card and used it in the UK. I don't even have a passport. Luckily they are going to reimburse me for all of it including the fees. This has never happened to me before. I hope it doesn't happen to me again.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,473
Points 362,102
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:51 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
DS1 and DBIL are off the road and starting to set up their new, (I hope), forever home. This is the card:

So cute. I love it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,473
Points 362,102
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:53 PM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:
Well, I am not a happy camper. I just got home from the bank. My account is overdrawn to the tune of $1150. Someone got a hold of my atm card and used it in the UK. I don't even have a passport. Luckily they are going to reimburse me for all of it including the fees. This has never happened to me before. I hope it doesn't happen to me again.

Melissa,

so sorry this happened. This just happened to my friend Pat except her card was used in Australia. Someone must have hacked the banks or their servers somewhere.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:56 PM | Locked

Thea - I didn't read back too far, but far enough to know that the problems with your mom just go on and on even after moving her to your  home. You did the right thing then so do not feel quilty. Now it's time for yet another decision it sounds like. Let God guide you and know that He is always right. I pray that God gives you peace and comfort during this difficult time with your mom.

Nan - Hope your fall wasn't too serious. This winter has been hard on so many of my friends falling on ice and snow. I'm in the middle of sorting fabrics, but as soon as I'm done I will have 2 quilts to finish up that can come to you.

Finally got my new windows last week. Today I had a heating contractor out to see if there is any way to heat that room. And, thank you dear Jesus....the contractor had a very inexpensive solution. Able to add duct from the furnace into the sewing room. The contractors that installed my windows put insulation in and I had one window eliminated for my design wall and they insulated that complete wall. So next Wednesday I will get heat and will be able to work in there year round now. Praise God! Working in my bedroom is just too cramped and the tables aren't adjusted properly for my back.

Sukochi -  I think we are having a contest to see who can be the sickest this winter with sinus infections. I'm on my 6th sinus infection and 2nd round of antibiotics/steroids. Last sinus infection took almost 6 rounds of meds to get rid of it. Then one week later I came down with #6. I also had a touch of flu with that last bout. Then it affects my vocal chords so I can barely talk. I'm on voice rest most of the time. I was told to stay inside, Vicks my throat/chest and wear a scarf around my neck, wear mask when going to doctor appts/grocery/CVS and/or someone comes to my house...and be sure to wash my hands regularly. Even with all the precautions, I'm still sick. I praise God every morning that I wake up on this side of the grass...I mean snow!!! You take care of yourself. I'm praying for you.

Love the teddy bear quilt!

Hugs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:58 PM | Locked

How cute the card is, Sukochi.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:06 PM | Locked

Thank you Angele.  It was fun to figure out how to get it to thee size that would be usable.  I got to see the baby for the first time yesterday, and feed him and everything.  I would like to have put him in my pocket and brought him home, but his 3y/o big sister wouldn't allow that.  She is so cute with him and so protective of him.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Page 26 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use