Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 25 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:11 AM | Locked

Yes, you are doing everything right!  Thea, you're the most dedicated person I've ever met!  The way your mom is behaving is not a result of anything you have done.  Your mom has made choices in her life and the consequences of those choices are boiling down into one direction for your mother.  It's so hard to let go.  

The terrible pain you're in can be eased by letting go... it's so hard to do though, isn't it?  Love you girl!  We're in there with you!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 9:39 AM | Locked

I might go to sewing shops today to beat the snow.  With my family sick though I might just call the shops.  

I just realized I've been on computer alot and have not been sewing on nephews quilt.... that makes me wonder if I got a new embroidery machine would I spend more time doing that than quilting.  Kind of like buying a new set of Pots and Pans to be a Gourmet chef then just cooking the same food.  I guess what I'm saying its not the tool that makes one great its the time applied to the task that improves everything .  Still thinking about all the machines just haven't figured out which way I'm going but with each passing day I'm getting closer.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 9:49 AM | Locked

For all of you with elderly parent/parents, just know that I pray for you, and the Holy Spirit, also, is praying for and with you. MY DLMIL had such a terrible time , the last year of her life. Some age gracefully, some lose their mental facilties. Such was the case with DLMIL. She, mostly, gave up to it, I think. She was just weary of living. It never really met up to her expectations, and she just turned hard and mean. Her mom, brother and she all had alshiemers (sp) in the end. There were times with DLU that he would be so loving and times that he was so mean and dangerous. He lived, for several years, in an NH. He stayed in his single room and whistled hymns backwards, If you can imagine that. At the end, he looked over at he adoring wife he had had for ever, and had not known for years, and called her by name, asked for a kiss, said he loved her always, and took his last breath. What a beautiful death.

On a happier note, I am an offical MaryJanesFarm Big Creek Farmgirl!! I am just so excited. I would love to find a really old, smaller camper, fix it all up and go glamping!. There are only 4 ladies in our farmgirl group. By, no matter. And, best of all, there is another quilter in our group. That is the best part. The worst is that our head farmgirl is a Mary Kay rep. So, am sure she will be after me very soon. Ha! I rarily even wear makeup, anymore. Sutff is just too darned expensive, and God gave me this face, so others can just accept it. So, my life is full. Perhaps, I can teach them post card making. That would be fun.

Feeling better today. Not well, but better. Now, Jim has this terrible cold. Guess that is why I feel better. He has taken over my germs. This too shall pass.

To all, a very happy day. Spring IS just around the corner for all of us, though, the block to that corner is farther then others, for sure.  Very bright sun here today. Will rain later though. Moving in for the rest of the week. God is watering those roots, readying for his art work of floral color.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:33 AM | Locked

Joyce and Thea I am thinking of you and praying that things get better for you.

Wishing you all that have what seems like a horrible bug get well hugs.

Not done much apart from work this week. We had no choir rehearsal on Monday so a dozen of us went out for a meal which was great fun. We are having the rehearsal on Saturday instead. I have done very little in the way of quilting. Although I have done the binding on the quilt for my eldest and his future wife so that just needs the label on. Tonight is quilt class so I will take the quilt for my youngest son and his wife and start to sew the binding for that one.

It is very cold here but no snow this week.

We fly to Colorado in just over 4 weeks to ski so if you could all send snowy thoughts to Winter Park we would really appreciate it. We had so little snow last year that we only skied for a week and DH ended up playing golf. It was so warm I managed to get sunburnt!! Bit odd for a skiing holiday.

Right off to get my tea ready or I will be late for quilting again!!!1

Big hugs to you all

xx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 12:42 PM | Locked

I'm in withdrawal now.... I shipped the power box, motherboard and the encoders for repair at Tin Lizzie... so today I'm starting a Moda candy project.  It should tide me over, for a day anyway. LOL

Prayers going out for all those getting hit by the blizzard today and tomorrow!  I wrote a column you might be interested in reading... (did I tell you I started writing for our newspaper?  I don't remember...)

Noses are on sale -- cheap!
I put it on my blog...  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,077
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 2:18 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Thea, don't waste the ink. Contact the newspaper and TV stations in your area. More action, and informaiton, would come from those souces. Might as well spit into the wind , as contact a politician.

Some of the best help I got was from my congressman when I lived in VA. His office came through for me and got things settled in a jiffy. I wouldn't ignore this resource.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,077
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 2:20 PM | Locked

nantenn:
i fell coming in from walking dog, twisted right  ankle bad..do not think it is broken, alo hit left side and elbow on top stone step.

Ouch. Hope you feel better soon. 

I agree with Sukochi; bubble wrap for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,077
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 2:22 PM | Locked

Thea:
Hi, I am asking for lots of prayers today.

Thea,

I don't know what to say that has been already said. You know you have my prayers and support. don't forget to take care of yourself in all this aggravation. Eat well and get rest.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,802
Points 352,077
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 2:24 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

March 16th is National Quilting Day. I didn't know there was one. Does Hallmark have cards for this??

This will be the 23rd anniversary. There might be a card if there isn't you can design one. You're really good with the postcards you make.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:28 PM | Locked

DS1 and DBIL are off the road and starting to set up their new, (I hope), forever home. This is the card:

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,889
gini replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

sweetie and i had a glorious morning skiing, except for the cold, that is.   the wind was blowing snow sideways, so the lifts were a bit brisk.  cold noses,chilly  toeses, and ice cube behinds.   you know you're cold, when you're standing in a hot hot  shower and the water is like ice by the time it reaches your calves. now i get an hour respite to warm up  before i head out for kiddie/chauffeur chores.  sam is fixing a big spaghetti dinner tonight, for ten of us, so it'll be a busy rest of the day.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,889
gini replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:34 PM | Locked

cute card sukochi

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 3:51 PM | Locked

Hey Grandma...wanna babysit?

DH just announced that we are going out to celebrate another year together this weekend, as he'll be gone for our actual anniversary. The clicker is that DD announced yesterday that she has a date on Saturday, and I arranged for her to work on Friday, so she won't be home to watch the boys.  On top of it all, Sprout has another nasty case of Contagious Boogeritious so he's crabby and clingy.   ...I think Dh is delusional, but I'll give him points for the thought.

'Haven't made much progress on the latest quilt for some reason... Could it be  jobs, sick kids, and no sleep are crimping my style?? Nah... We'll blaim it on the dog.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,889
gini replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:17 PM | Locked

if i lived closer, i would love to baby sit sprout.  as it is, i had to go out on the street to hustle up another family of kids to play with.   the baby is only six months old so i have a few years before i have to hunt up another  family. 

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 101
Points 1,890
Ibuiltaquilt replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:19 PM | Locked

If there isn't maybe crafters could make profit off it instead of Hallmark!

Page 25 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use