Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 23 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:45 AM | Locked

Thea, both you and your Mom are in my prayers for healing with the touch of the Lord's hand.  I am sorry that things are not going as well as you had anticipated.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:09 AM | Locked

Thea I totally comprehend everything your saying your both in my t&p.  With my FIL we even try to keep someone there 24/7 but it is totally draining .  Take care.

DS just informed me he has bodyaches and I'm going to have to go out  to get medicine. 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:14 AM | Locked

Hugs and Prayers Thea.

Hope your DS feels better soon Is.

Jr got up with an ear ache this morning (He's had a nasty cough all week). He's home from school today. His baby brother started coughing last night and now has a full onslot of congestion and boogers, too... Guess I'll be spending the day dispensing Kleenex.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:22 AM | Locked

Thea, I pray for you, your mother, her "care givers" and for Barbara's being in your life. Without her, I think you would have just gone over the edge, by now.  God said he does everything for our good. I believe that. He said he does not give us more then we can handle. I, sometimes, get so overwhelmed that I beg Him to make me understand how he decides when we have had enough.  Pull in a group from your Church to come to the NH and have prayer with both you and your Mom. Ask, any of the beilevers, that work there ,to come in, too. We are at warfare with Satan at all times, but now is the worst of times. So, we must be srong and put prayer in front of the evil one.

IS, I enjoy all the foods you suggested. Thanks for the idea. I love pickles.. And, banana popsicles. Oh, how I love those. My cough is getting deep. I feel like I have been hit by a baseball in my face. From my cheeks to above my eyebrows. Can you say sinuses? Rats. I just don't have time for being too sick to feel like doing anything. at, least the quiltie is ready to go.

I pray for all of us who are ill. This has really been a terrible winter for illness. An EMT, who was here Sunday, said this flu, bronchitits and pneumonia is just not letting up. People are just so ill. Especially the elderly.

All have a beautiful day. Be thankful that we have yet another day on this beautiful earth. So sunny here today. Too cold for me to venture out, but just looking out the window, give me hope for the future, that Spring is just around the corner.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 10:12 AM | Locked

I feel so remiss at sometimes - I just do not have much energy these days but I wanted everyone to know I am reading your posts and even if I don't address you personally please know that I have said a prayer for you and hope that our lives all become much better sooner rather then later.

It is very miserable here in Oklahoma today - it was green out at 5 a.m. and we now have at least 3" of snow on the ground and more coming down from the sky - our power went out once this morning.  I am hopeful that that was just a small glitch and that it won't happen anymore.  I woke and started having to take pain meds immediately - no waiting for a few hours - the pain was intense.  

I have been praying all morning and trying to get myself prepared for this meeting this afternoon and hoping against hope that I can keep my cool - I do fine talking to doctors and nurses when it is about my own care - they can be sloppy with me but not with my family - I have yelled and screamed when DH was in the hospital and went over the top when my son was in - I got results both of those times - this time I don't think I will get any results though - they are set that she is 87 and belongs incarcerated in the NH - but not where she can get better but where she is zombified till she leaves this earth - this is not what she has told me she wants - so they better be prepared for me today.  I have letters ready to send to my congressmen and even one to the President as she was a staunch believer in him - not me - but my Mom.  

I doubt any letter i write will do any good but something has to give here soon.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 610
Points 9,025
MaggieNae replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 10:32 AM | Locked

Thea, take a moment to copy/print out what you've written here.  Use it as a base for what you want to tell the NH.  I find it's best to go in with a list of thing you want to cover in these situations, along with the results you would expect.  This way you don't get frustrated and off track and forget any important items.  Think of it as a grocery list of things that need to be taken care of so your mother can come home.  Last on your list, ask what will it take in their opinion to make that happen.

Best of luck to you today, and if there is too much nasty weather, don't be afraid to have this meeting over the phone.

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 10:45 AM | Locked

Thea, don't waste the ink. Contact the newspaper and TV stations in your area. More action, and informaiton, would come from those souces. Might as well spit into the wind , as contact a politician.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

I just called stitchin heaven placed a order I'm excited but waiting on return call as lady wasn't sure there was room left in bom  I hope I'm not disapointed I really want this quilt .  

I'm sitting in house sweats on sweater on about to put on coat and my thermometer is 68  maybe I should check if I have temp.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 11:35 AM | Locked

Thea

I am so sorry to hear that you and your Mom are going thru this.  Prayers going up for both of you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 11:59 AM | Locked

Welcome to the world of nursing homes! I will,pray for you and 

Your family but what happened to you is the norm. I was RN for 25 years and seen it all. The ptients who get decent care are the ones who have a relative there every day.  So very wrong. Not like they give a discount for yor work, pain and suffering.

,i am so sorry.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 2:00 PM | Locked

nantenn:
The ptients who get decent care are the ones who have a relative there every day.

Taking occasional goodies to the staff and  always being quick to offer praise and gratiude for their efforts makes a big difference, too!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 2:16 PM | Locked

Naw Is, don't bother taking your temp, just crank the heat up.  I am sitting here chilled too and am going to put a heavy sweater on over my turtleneck.  2 people have complained to me about the bone chilling cold today.  Girl, it is COLD out there.     Ginny - in Waterford.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 4:35 PM | Locked

Ginny we should get together sometime cuz if your in Mi.  I'm not that far away.

Dh now came home and he is sick I guess the bug is hitting our house DH has bodyaches and cold but he was outside all day.  DS been coughing all day sore throat I went out got some Dayquil etc. and Quilt magazine for me.  I'm just in awe of this quilt but I guess theirs no pattern its called "Hexagon Mosaics"  Another thing that really got my attention is advertisement " WOWquilts.com" they show my machine Brother PQ1500S stretched .  Someone remind me how I don't have room for a long arm frame but the stretch might be nice what do you think?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 5:24 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Thea, don't waste the ink. Contact the newspaper and TV stations in your area. More action, and informaiton, would come from those souces. Might as well spit into the wind , as contact a politician.

I don't agree with this one!  I used to work in politics and I have to say this isn't always the case.  Calling your politician will help... they'll know who you need to contact to file a complaint, etc. etc. etc.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 5:53 PM | Locked

I stand corrected. 

Sukochi

Page 23 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use