Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 18 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,461
Points 361,952
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:14 PM | Locked

gini:

what am i sewing this weekend?   i am quilting one of my mystery quilts, finishing up my last two wildflowers blocks,  finishing gifts for retreat.,  preparing a border for applique, gathering projects for the retreat.   i wish i could concentrate on one thing at a time. 

Gini,

you do fine multi tasking. Why change a good thing?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:24 PM | Locked

Linda, I've had a robin hanging around my feeders all winter.  He feeds off the seeds on the ground but one day after the blizzard he perched on one of the feeders to get seeds.  That was a first for me to see.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:25 PM | Locked

Whoo-Hoo! I actually got a quilt cut and started sewingon it today. Its been stirring around in the back of my brain ever since I bought the fabric 2-3 years ago, and the design has been done up and ready to go on my EQ6 for months...  Maybe it'll actually get ade before I die.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 10:33 PM | Locked

I've h ad my 10 yr old GD with me this weekend. She made a strip quilt, then designed her own wall hanging with circles from purple fabric, her fav color. We went to Golden Pizza for supper, and have been having a great time. They are so fun at that age. She hasn't whined at all, but when she is home she is a mess!! She and her mom needed a break from each other, I think. She really is a sweet kid.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:17 PM | Locked

Elaine

I bet you had a great time.  That is a really fun age.  Another year or two and the hormones and attitudes start...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:36 PM | Locked

All you animal lovers out there, I spent my day helping with our annual "Doggy Dash"!  We had a great turn out of both participants and spectators today.

It's a fun event with a six-legged team (a dog[4] and a person[2] on skis) dress up and compete for best costume first and then, if interested, in a race with their dogs.  

All proceeds go to our local animal welfare agencies.  I've posted pictures on my blog page if you are interested...  The costumes are great and it was a really fun event!

Try this:   link  (right click to open in new tab/window)  

Help, I know there is a better way to do a link, but I don't know how!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:41 PM | Locked

it is so much fun to spend time with the grand kids.  and yes, i do think we need time apart to give everyone a breather. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:43 PM | Locked

donna, that sounds like a fun fund raiser. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:48 PM | Locked

What a fun event, Donna!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:43 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Linda, are you talking about Barnsley? Oh, girlfriend, you should see that place now. Here is what the website says now. It is a lavish resort . http://barnselyresort.com/about/history   They have a picture of the ruins, also.

Behind Barnsley Gardens Resort's storybook setting is a true story filled with as many twists and turns as a work of fiction. The original manor, called Woodlands, was an estate built by a man—Godfrey Barnsley—for the love of his life, his wife Julia. Godfrey Barnsley began construction on his Italianate villa in the 1840's in the north Georgia foothills, on land that had once been inhabited by the Cherokee Indians. Both the home and its elaborate gardens were formed by the work of Andrew Jackson Downing, a pioneering landscape designer and proponent of Italianate and gothic revival architecture. Julia never saw the completed home, as she fell ill and passed away. Through the years, the estate has witnessed much history and intrigue, including the Civil War. Today, it emerges as an award-winning destination resort, welcoming guests into a uniquely historic landscape that still echoes with the vision of Godfrey Barnsley.

OMG, That's it!!!! Thank you Sukochi. If ever I'm allowed to travel again, I'd love to go see it. Plus I'd like to go to Kennesaw Mountain where a great, great uncle is buried. I love the history of Georgia and South Carolina. I've always wanted to move there, but the doctors said it was like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I always enjoyed my travels down there and the reenactments there tho.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:52 AM | Locked

Marie:

Linda, I've had a robin hanging around my feeders all winter.  He feeds off the seeds on the ground but one day after the blizzard he perched on one of the feeders to get seeds.  That was a first for me to see.

Last year I had them all over the place. This year so far not one. I did see a Cardinal yesterday and they usually stay all winter. I guess it's time to grease the down spout so the squirrels can't get into the feeder and fill the feeder again. I saw signs of the squirrels already. Wish the neighbors didn't feed them. They plant peanuts in my flower beds. I'll have to start keeping a closer eye for the robins. Perhaps I can start going outside a little more often now that I'm getting over another sinus infection and Indy wants to get out a little more. The cold snow and cold temps hurts his little paws. I had left out nesting materials all winter and I see that some have been pulled out. So someone is starting their nest building early or just reinforcing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:54 AM | Locked

Donna B,  I thinkthe way you linked to your blog was just great.   I enjoyed ALL of your pictures and narratives.  Not just the ones of the contest andskiing.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 8:21 AM | Locked

Donna, you certainly live in a gorgeous part of the C ountry. The pictures were wonderful. Looks like everyone had a great time. But I think I saw a few without coats!!

Jim is feeling just fine, this morning, so won't go to the doctor. He said "Let's wait and see if it happens again." Why are most men like this? I, however, got sick last night with a very sore throat, bad cough and green guck!. If one of us isn't sick, the other one is sick. Jim was talking to his ill  brother yesterday. He has not been able to gain any weight back, yet. However, he can tie his shoes again. Big step! Huge step for him.

Hope to get the binding finisehd on this Purple quiltie today. HAae lots to do but not up to much, today.

Killing Lincoln, on TV last night, was incredible. So enjoyed it. Now waiting for Mar. 3rd to see the new mini series, The Bible, on the History Channel.

Guess I better get in the shower and wash the rest of me today since all I got yesterdaythe neck up!

Beautiful sunny day. But cold. 28 when I got up at 7 this a.m. Brrr.....

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:05 AM | Locked

Cleaning house, but i've been thinking about a new machine if i go with pfaff their shop is about 75 mi away if I go with viking or janome their about 8 miles away. Probably should sidetrack myself.  Its always fun to sew on new machine.  Definitely longarm is out of question for me.  I have no space for it.  Don't want it to bust the pocketbook either.  Probably if I got embroidery I wouldn't use it that much but it sure would be great to embroider 12" squares for quilt I just wish I could do it less expensively .  Guess I need to shop around alot more.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:34 AM | Locked

Donna B - WOW!  went to your blog and everything looked like so much fun, the Doggie Dash and the retreats.  I have never been to oregon but my oldest brother lives there about a mile from the ocean, in North Bend.  want to get out there someday and visit him.  This is the brother I had not seen for 25 years, till last Sept when our younger brother died.  we just never made it home at the same time and he's on west coast and I'm here in OK.  was a great visit and I think we've grown closer since losing Donnie. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 18 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use