Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 17 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 506
Points 7,955
Joyce replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:01 PM | Locked

That was scary for you and Jim.  I can relate to the sinus thing I have been having the dizziness for several days.  Doing the nose sprays and wearing my  balance bracelet my dd gave me.  Guess the next thing will be a trip to see the dr.  Tell him to put warm moist compress on the area that seems most stuffy.  HOpe he is better soon.

Joyced

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,295
Points 413,979
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:40 PM | Locked

my sweetie and i had a nice morning skiing, but short.  the lift lines were lloonngg, we normally have no lines.  i was complaining and sam goes, it's president's day weekend,  well duh, how did i miss that factoid? i don't do lines, so we came home after a couple of hours.  i guess i won't have to herd kids after school tomorrow.   yay, more sewing. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,295
Points 413,979
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:41 PM | Locked

CC, how comes everyone but me is getting snow?   i'm bummed.  thank goodness for skiing. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:54 PM | Locked

Gini, thanks for mentioning President's Day. The Documentary Killing Lincoln is on TV tonight and I had about forgotten. Want to see thiat show. It is on the History channel for those of you who might be interested at 8 o'clock ,Eastern time. And, something many may not know.,the Wanted poster for John Wilkes Booth is the first to ever have a picture of the bad guy on it.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 3:57 PM | Locked

Joyce:

That was scary for you and Jim.  I can relate to the sinus thing I have been having the dizziness for several days.  Doing the nose sprays and wearing my  balance bracelet my dd gave me.  Guess the next thing will be a trip to see the dr.  Tell him to put warm moist compress on the area that seems most stuffy.  HOpe he is better soon.

Joyced

Joyce, what is a "balance" bracelet? That a new one for me.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 4:17 PM | Locked

Sounds like a good show Sukochi,   But it is Downton Abbey night for me

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 4:21 PM | Locked

Had my GD with me for a few hours today, we raked leaves and burnt off the garden spot,   I have cauliflower, brussel sprouts and broccoli up in my little seed trays won't be much longer before i can put them in the ground,   my tomato seeds have just started to sprout

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 4:28 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Linda, many, many years ago, my great grandmother was one of the first to make chenniel (sp) bedspeards. She moved to Adairsville and opened a business in a big building in the downtown. She hired ladies and taught them to make the bedspreads. They sold they for some time.

We did our reenactment at the foot of what was left of the old mansion. About all that was standing was the front door way and the window frame of a large window just above the door. We camped  right at the base of the hill by one of the paths up to the house. The story is the family escape thru an underground tunnel when Sherman  was on his way in the direction of their plantation. Sherman did burn it down...the doorway and window frame are all that are left in the front of the house. I remember we did a memorial service for the soldier that got there in time to warn the family. I wish I could remember the family's name. The trees directly around the home were brought in by the husband from all over the world and they had guards sitting at all the paths to the house to make sure that no one could go up and destroy any of the trees. Of course, me with my interest in gardening managed to get a guided tour of the house grounds. I swear sitting by the campfire in the evening and looking up at the ruins of the house, I could see a soldier in gray standing in that upper window.

Impressive about your grandmother. Women in the south didn't have their own businesses...not even in our time. The deep south is still fighting. I have friends that live down in South Carolina. When they first moved there, they were always calling me and telling me stories about the war still being fought. I didn't believe them till the first time I went to visit.Talk about a culture and era shock!! They took me to the Southern Civil War museum and I was on the floor trying to get a good look at a dress I was trying to sketch. This lady kept walking by us and finally stopped and asked if she could help me with something. Guess I had been on the floor quite a while. I told her I studied Civil War womens' fashion and I just couldn't see what I needed to see so I was on the floor trying to get a better look which made it harder for me to sketch!!!! I thought the woman was going to have a heart attack! It paid off tho, I got to go back in the archives and see some of the other dresses. Woohoo!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,325
Points 36,575
Linda replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 4:37 PM | Locked

gini:

CC, how comes everyone but me is getting snow?   i'm bummed.  thank goodness for skiing. 

I wish I knew. We were suppose only get 1/2 inch and ended up with 6 inches. You can have it. I'm sick of it already. I'm not even in your part of the country. But you can keep all the snow you want. I'm ready to start gardening and at this rate I can't even start seeds. I haven't even seen my first robin yet and it's the middle of Februrary. I usually see them in January. You can have all this snow so life around here can get back to normal. Just pullin' your leg, Gini.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,629
Points 36,905
ls2116 replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:05 PM | Locked

LaJuan I hope it isn't anything seriouse with Jim They say teeth can make you sick maybe the dentist hit the dizziness nerve.  Hope things get better real soon.

I'm getting my crown in a mon. because of nieces wedding but its hard to wait that long as each day more of an old filling breaks away.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:36 PM | Locked

Linda, are you talking about Barnsley? Oh, girlfriend, you should see that place now. Here is what the website says now. It is a lavish resort . http://barnselyresort.com/about/history   They have a picture of the ruins, also.

Behind Barnsley Gardens Resort's storybook setting is a true story filled with as many twists and turns as a work of fiction. The original manor, called Woodlands, was an estate built by a man—Godfrey Barnsley—for the love of his life, his wife Julia. Godfrey Barnsley began construction on his Italianate villa in the 1840's in the north Georgia foothills, on land that had once been inhabited by the Cherokee Indians. Both the home and its elaborate gardens were formed by the work of Andrew Jackson Downing, a pioneering landscape designer and proponent of Italianate and gothic revival architecture. Julia never saw the completed home, as she fell ill and passed away. Through the years, the estate has witnessed much history and intrigue, including the Civil War. Today, it emerges as an award-winning destination resort, welcoming guests into a uniquely historic landscape that still echoes with the vision of Godfrey Barnsley.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,385
Points 360,927
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:44 PM | Locked

Another day another blizzard. We didn't get as much s**w as last weekend but the wind gusts are amazing. Sucks because I'm on call. No avoiding it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,385
Points 360,927
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:46 PM | Locked

Patti:
Then, since it is my birthday, I will get to sew on anything I want. 

Happy belated birthday Patti. 

Your meal sounds interesting. I expect I'll read more about it as I catch up.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,468
Points 50,035
Ginny replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:47 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  So glad to hear that Jim is going to the Dr first thing in the morning.  I will pray that he gets relief from his symptoms.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,385
Points 360,927
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 7:14 PM | Locked

Christine:
Whew... I've been gone from the forum for 2 months!   Life is returning to normal, thankfully.

Welcome back Christine. Glad you're feeling better.

Christine:
I had to call 911 this morning, after someone tried to come in the front door.

How scary. Glad they didn't get in.

Page 17 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use