Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 16 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:52 AM | Locked

what am i sewing this weekend?   i am quilting one of my mystery quilts, finishing up my last two wildflowers blocks,  finishing gifts for retreat.,  preparing a border for applique, gathering projects for the retreat.   i wish i could concentrate on one thing at a time. 

gini in north idaho

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 6:54 AM | Locked

Gosh, Gini, what a boring weekend. You poor thing.

I have tons to get done in the sewing room, too. Felt "off" yesterday and didn't even go in there. I have borders to put on Charity quilt, more blocks to make for the next one, The backgrounds, and templates to get done for the Applique Group AND 10 post cards to make. Oh, did I mention finisheng quilting the latest quiltie?

Better head to the shower and get all shiney clean for church. Have a great morning.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 8:50 AM | Locked

Is,  I know the family is overwhelmed at your FIL's illness and the inability of the Drs to "make it all better."   Do you know how your FIL feels about all of this?  Or is he just overwhelmed by it all?  

I know the quilt shop you are talking about.  I have been by it many times, but have not stopped in.  I don't know why I don't.  Think I will make the effort soon.  Maybe on Tuesday when I have a Dr appt in that general area.  Thanks for mentioning how nice you and DH found it to be.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 8:59 AM | Locked

Staying inside...at 25 degrees and with the wind chill at 16 I'm gonna light the fire and snuggle with a good book... for a while, then I shall get busy making some Drunkards path blocks, they are fun using my templates and following Elisa's way.  I'm trying to get very proficient doing curves and I having a good time practicing.

Friday I spent the afternoon taking the knots and such out of 2 of the mares manes(Princesa's mane after grooming hung way past her shoulders)she is so lovely.  Got to do 2 more later in week when weather changes (as it always does in Georgia).  Actually grooming my girls really is fun and gives us lots of bonding time.  Love getting those Paso Fino hugs...no other breed can hug like a Paso.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

Good Morning

We got up to snow this Morning. It's coming down hard enough now that the light is all soft and grey. The boys camped on the livingroom floor last night. DS says it feels like we're at the cabin...LOL I guess we'll have a vacation day. Maybe I'll unplug the electronics today just to aid in our delusion. >:-}   Oh. Wait, if I do that I can't sew and press anything... Maybe I won't.

Gini, If you focused on just one project at a time, we'd think you were sick.Besides, that would be boring!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,355
Sara replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 9:52 AM | Locked

I hope to get some sewing done today on DD's quilt. Maybe practice scant 1/4in seams some too. I had planned to do a bunch of sewing yesterday but ended up spending the day with an eye patch over right eye. DD scratched me IN the eye while picking her up Friday night. It hurt like the dickens!!!! Eye patch is off today and feeling much better. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:37 AM | Locked

After I signed off here, to clean up for church, things just went down hill...fast! I got in the shower, Jim was bruashing his teeh and he said he was dizzy. I finished getteing the soap off my face and looked over at the sink. he had his head down and said he felt like he might pass out. Well, I shot out of that shower. dripping water everywhere and got him so the bed. He said he was just extremely dizzy, so I called 911, while trying to put some clothes on. They showed up pretty quickly, considering where we are, wand what it takes to get here. Checked him all over, ekg, BP, all those other words they use. heart is fine, BP fine, no fever, no ear trouble, no heart problems, not stoke symptoms. Just dizzy. They said that pulse was 50, which is  low. nNormally it is 60.  They recommened he go, he said no, I said hmm.... They finally left when he signed off on the refusal form. They even said they would get him into the car if he didn't want to ride with them. "NO!" Ok. I called Ron, he said a prayer, and said I should come to church. hmmm....... Jim said you have to go to church. I prayed about it. God said, "Come to my house before the game!" And, I went. Got home to find Jim sitting in his recliner, still a tad dizzy. Sinuses starting to hurt. AH HA!. Sinus infection can make one terribly dizzy.

All is right with our world. Off to the sewing room.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,709
Points 38,280
ls2116 replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:53 AM | Locked

Ginny, FIL is 84 y o. There are many periods of crying and even more of screaming out in pain as he has Pagets Disease and any kind of turning or repositioning of his body in the bed is excruciatingly painful.  Its painful for us to hear and see what he must endure.  With this broken leg in three places Dr. will not operate to set because he couldn't endure that.  He weighs almost 300 lbs. Its a constant battle with bedsores because hes been bedridden for over two years due to stroke.  He is very alert when hospital doesn't give pain meds.  I don't know how a human can endure so much.

Christine, I'd be upset if I had to disasemble and ship my longarm which I don't have one, but have fun with your piecing time.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:20 PM | Locked

Is, I am ttruly so very sorry that your FIL, and the whole family have to travel down this road.  It is sometimes very heart-rending to stand there and know there is nothing you can do for him.  It sounds like he might soon be a candidate for hospice care.  My prayers are with you.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:24 PM | Locked

That tooth infection may have traveled to his sinuses.  He needs to see the Dr TOMORROW.  It could get worse, then again, it might be just a sius infection starting, but he needs to see the DR.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 1:45 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Jim said you have to go to church. I prayed about it. God said, "Come to my house before the game!" And, I went. Got home to find Jim sitting in his recliner, still a tad dizzy. Sinuses starting to hurt. AH HA!. Sinus infection can make one terribly dizzy.

All is right with our world. Off to the sewing room.

I'm glad it was something simple!  That was good news after reading the first part of your note.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 1:48 PM | Locked

I had to call 911 this morning, after someone tried to come in the front door.  A combination of a good watch dog and a locked door sent them on to someone else's house.  Still, with my car in the driveway to show I'm home, it was surprising.

The kids walked the dog this morning, and when they came in they forgot to lock the door.  I noticed it, and locked it... only 5 minutes before someone tried to come inside.  Isn't it great how the Lord takes care of us?  Normally I wouldn't worry about the door being unlocked, but for some reason I locked it.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25
PHYLLISC-7 replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:06 PM | Locked

Well, i am  glad everything is alright  always lock the doors.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,520
Points 50,910
Ginny replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:08 PM | Locked

Oh my goodness Christine, that's worrisome.  Glad they didn't get in.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

Oh, Christina, how scary is that?  Hopefully the cops caught who ever it was still in the neighborhood. I am lax about locking the doors. Jim is very serious about it. I told him that if our house caught fire in the night, we couldn't get out. We would be toast as the firsmen couldn't get IN. He says regardless of locks, if someone wants in, bad enough, they will get in. So, guess your car being there and, maybe, this person seeing the kids go inside with the dog, made them not bother with that locked door.

OUo neighbor never, ever locks the dorrs of his house. And, he leaves for work about 4:30 in the a.m. He said if he had to lock the doors, then the neighbors aren't looking out for his place and he would move. Luckly for him ,we are all suspecious as we live on a cul de sac and know every single car that come on our road. And, we know when an ambluance, fire truck or polce come on this road, and to who's house they go.

Will be at the Docotr with Jim in the a.m. There is a former P.A. who goes to our church and he said have him in there first thing tomorrow.  He is still dizzy, but no anywhere near as bad as it was. And his pulse rate is 66, so that is good. God watchs out for us. He watches out for all who has their faith in Him.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Page 16 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use