Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 15 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,374
Points 37,420
Linda replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:48 AM | Locked

nantenn:

Linda,

Thanks for thinking of me and Maddie. We would prefer if you use the fabric and make quilts. Lap size for ages 5 - 12 so we prefer 48x60 or so. We have an ongoing need so whatever you can make whenever you can make it is fine.

You can go on her pages by using her name "Quilted Hugs from Maddie". Or email same name at yahoo.

Her current quilt drive is for children of Adairsville, GA. Tornado wiped out their town. We are working with United Way and March 6 th will be the donation date....but we will also donate even one quilt at a time, when needed.  Plus we collect quilts for future drives.

thanks again,

Maddie and Nan

OMG, years ago I did a Civil War reenactment in Adairville, GA. One of the best ones I ever participated in.  I will check out Quitled Hugs from Maddie and If I have any more questions will get back to you. I have two tops right now that will fit the bill. I'll get them quilted and sent to you.  Hugs, Linda

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:28 AM | Locked

Linda, many, many years ago, my great grandmother was one of the first to make chenniel (sp) bedspeards. She moved to Adairsville and opened a business in a big building in the downtown. She hired ladies and taught them to make the bedspreads. They sold they for some time.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:13 AM | Locked

Christine,  It is so good to have you back  It sounds like you really had a scarey time since December.  Good to know that you are feeling more like your old self..   Keep well.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:27 AM | Locked

Christine, oh my! You have had a rough time of it. Prays up!

Oh, NO!! My LQS now is offering wool, felted wool, and CLASSES on wool projects. I could never afford that. But, sure would like, too. Well, my life is great, we are happy and I have fabric for quilting. All is not lost.

Have to go to quilt shop in next town, today. Hoping for cheaper prices. I need the background fabric for the Applique Group project. Will use my stash for the applique. Looking forward to this. Also, have 10, count 'em, 10 post cards to make for Nan. Get the borders on the QHFM quilt and get that in the mail. And, finish the purple quilty. Busy, busy.

Have a beautiful day. It is beautiful here. Sunny....but oh, so cold.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:27 AM | Locked

Wow, Is. Sounds like Very good therapy after your SIL challenge.  Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:39 AM | Locked

Yep the kind of therapy I was overdue for I found I actually have a neck.  I've been so stressed out my shoulders were on top of my ears.  When DH got home from band I told him all about my therapy and for once he didn't get upset with my night of shopping! 

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 9:24 AM | Locked

wow Christine, what a time you have had.  I'll put you in my prayers. 

Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes.   I have decided that this is the last time I am going to fill in for a social worker in another town.  She will be back from maternity leave in April, and then I will be back to 2 days a week.  In my town, the place I want to be. 

I have come to the place time where I am happy with what I have done with my career and I am ready for the next phase in my life.  2 days work earns me enough to pay for my husband's and my health insurance.  And I may help him in his job.  But most of my time will be at home, either in the garden or my sewing room.  Someday there may be grand kids in the picture.  I think within the next couple years my daughter will be getting married.  In the direction things are headed, i may have to travel to France to see my grand kids.  I wonder if I should start studying French now. 

Well, back to current reality.  Need to go finish quilting the baby quilt for the social worker on maternity leave.

Have a great Saturday every one.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 9:37 AM | Locked

Patti:
I wonder if I should start studying French now

Yes!! Even if things don't pan out with the current BF, having those language skills is a good thing...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 10:33 AM | Locked

Small world!

last week burnt my lt side..it is kinda on front of side and high. Did not realize it till blisters broke. The pain is awful.  Looks nasty, found spme antibiotic cream so using tha, will see what next week brings.

Went with DS to look at. Cars.  i'd rather go to dentist. Took all day but he was able to finance a Ford Escape. He.was so thrilled.  Payments were within  his range. Even Maddie was very well behaved.

so no more worrying at 5 am if car will make it home adter work.

Happy Saturday...........................

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 12:12 PM | Locked

Patti:
I have come to the place time where I am happy with what I have done with my career and I am ready for the next phase in my life.

Exactly my view!  Upon retirement, I considered signing up for substitute teaching as a part-time job but quickly decided that was too much like being back at work.  Then I volunteered in the local elementary school library, and that, too, was too familiar.  After 34 years of teaching in the public schools, I decided that retirement was going to be my chance to try other things.  I have found plenty of volunteer work at church and in the community where I can utilize my skills in non-teaching ways. I am meeting new people and trying new things while working on worthwhile causes.  I'm really enjoying my new life!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,430
Points 47,505
Angele replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 4:17 PM | Locked

Nancy, I'm right there with you. The day I will decide to retire, it will be to explore other venues besides working in a school setting.   The world is open to many options. We'll see when I get there.

Patti, happy belated birthday.  Glad to know you had fun. 

IS keep in mind that you are going to the hospital for your FIL  and DH. Keeping you on my T&P

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:50 PM | Locked

LOL Isn't it fun how once they leave the school environment behind, most don't feel the draw of it again? I taught preschool/ran a daycare for 12 years. I'll confess that as a general rule, i much prefer to vollenteer to do more adult oriented activities. Of course, now that I have a houseful of  kids I don't get that  option very often.... But at least most of the kids stuff now is geared toward school agers.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,770
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

Angele you are so right it just gets overwelming for all when were in what seems a hopeless situation.  It reminds me of parent /teacher conferences where being the parent if you don't attend its like you don't care about your child or at least that was what i always thought so I always forced both of us to attend not only because we cared about are kids progress, but I couldn't stand the thought of someone thinking we didn't care.  

While at Hospital with FIL and SIL ...Sil told me about a quiltshop by the hospital and I stooped in there afterwards and was amazed by all the quilts.  It was called Guild crafters I think.  Even DH had a goodtime in there.  So the next time I see SIL I will be thanking her bigtime.

Hospital put a brace on FIL leg annd we wondered why they put it by shin when his three breaks are in thigh area...well tonight they came in and moved the brace up higher.  FIL has lost some of the ability to swallow so if he has to keep ngtube  then he will not be coming home waiting furter evaluation on Mon.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Happy Quilting.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,504
Points 48,110
Frances replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 11:57 PM | Locked

Patti,

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, with lots of fabric:-)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 238
Points 4,295
Christine replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 12:24 AM | Locked

Withdrawal has started and I haven't begun to take my machine apart yet!  I finished up the American Hero quilt today, and now I need to take the motherboard out of my Tin Lizzie and ship it off to be repaired.  I found it has a short in it.  Dang, my husband could fix it in a half hour but if I have him do that I void the warranty.  Soooo, I have to ship it off for a couple weeks.  

I bought some Moda candy yesterday so the time off from my long arm will be a good excuse to do some piecing.  

What are you sewing this weekend?  We have snow here in NC now!  Yippee!

Page 15 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use