Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 9 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:54 AM | Locked

Leslie :

Ginny:

Leslie, what are naked ladies?    Ginny

Ginny, they are a lily

Thanks for clarifying Leslie. I was trying to figure out what were 3inches tall naked ladies, and honestly I just couldn't get it.  I figured it was because my head was still fuzzy from  this cold.  I had never heard that term for a lily.  I would love to see a picture of this kind of lily.  I have a few variety, but I'm sure I don't have that one!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,139
Points 14,735
Dawn replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 7:25 AM | Locked

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  We don't celebrate, and that is my idea, my birthday is next week and I don't want him "wasting" money on Valentine's Day!  :-)  Going shopping w/my kiddos.  We usually do on Thursdays.  Mostly just groceries.  Like to help out w/the little ones.  She has an 8 month old and then KK who will be 4 shortly.  She does great w/o me, but I like to tag along.  :-) 

Did ok bowling yesterday, had one bad game but the other 2 I made up for it!  :-D

Have a great day everyone!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 7:36 AM | Locked

Dawn:
What is great is I let her use "real" paint, and she only got a little on her hands and nothing on anything else!  She will be 4 next month, so I think she did very well!  :-)

Pictures please!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:39 AM | Locked

Beautiful sunshiny day! Love this. Cold, but with this happy sun, who cares!

Not headed to Bible Study this morning. My hives have totally taken over my body (.including places I would rather NOT mention), and Jim's chin is the sixe of an orange. There is a full pus pocket in there. I am worried about his other two teeth. He called the Dentist yesterday and they said it takes 7 days for the antibiotics to work. Nay, Nay, I say. It take 48 to 72 hours for antibiotics to work! I will call again today. This will be the 5th day on these antibiotics. If he get blood poisoning, they are in a world of hurt.

We were talking about our car yesterday, having just walked past the neighbor's house with the destroyed pick up in the driveway. Our car is a '06 Fusion, in great shape so far. High milage though. Paid for. If we had to buy another car, we could't no money for that and not enough income to add a car pmt. It worries me. I asked Jim what we wwould do. He slowly shook his head and said "Buy a horse, I guess." We don;t have the money for hay, or enough land for a horse. So, I guess a scooter with a side car and a trunk!!

All that said. I bought an Ott lite this a.m. I needed one with a clip for my cutting table. They had one on sale, onlin only, today for $19.99! So, who can pass up a bargain when what you need is on sale?! My sewing room is so dark at night, even with the ceiling light on, that I can't see to cut fabric on that table. So, this will work great.

Have a wonderful day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:10 AM | Locked

great buy on that ott lamp.  I still have details with DH new car I"m working on aas DH signed papers to quickly hes having second thoughts because its a stick no air and DD drove us to restaurant in thier new sonic verses are used aveo .  One day life is bound to slow down so that i can get quality sewing time in.   For now its sew a seam and run.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:48 AM | Locked

Angele,

Here is pic of my Naked Ladies ( sometimes called Surprise Lilies) from last year.  The leaves come up in the spring, then die back. Later in the year, late August around here, the bloom stalk shoots up and blooms.  Ours are about 20 inches tall when they bloom. The only color I've seen them in is the pale pink.

Max

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:50 AM | Locked

Max

Beautiful lilies.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,454
Points 176,418
Marie replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:56 AM | Locked

Gorgeous flowers, Max.  Looking out my window it's hard to believe I'll be seeing flowers in bloom in a few weeks.  Snow everywhere!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:30 AM | Locked

Oh, Max, a beautiful touch of Spring in dreary winter. Thanks for posting this picture.

We have woods in back that, sort of, block out views of the houses in the neighborhood behind us. Well, they have chickens and a loud rooster, living in a horrible, thrown together , chicken house of sorts. I decided that, this Spring, I want to take down most of the smaller trunk trees and plant large evergreens, hollys and some lower flowering shurbs. Gonna take a bunch of trees and shurbs. But, if I get the big ones in this year, then the other can come later. Can't wait for Spring. Once Jim feels better we can start cutting trees.  I love using a chain saw.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:44 AM | Locked

Marie:

Gorgeous flowers, Max.  Looking out my window it's hard to believe I'll be seeing flowers in bloom in a few weeks.  Snow everywhere!

Beautiful Flowers, Max!  As with Marie, it is hard to imagine flowers right now; however, we have had a surprising warm up in our usually cold valley.  We had a warm wind blow through again yesterday (48 degrees and windy) so we are getting more and more bare spots in the snow cover...especially on the south facing areas.  All the vegetation is still looking pretty sad from being under the snow for 3 months, but the deer are finding little shoots of grass coming up and are having a feast (small, but at least it is green).  For those of you wondering, the cross-country trails are still in good condition thanks to being packed and groomed continuously during the winter.  However, the more warm weather we have, the sooner the ground will warm up and we will start losing trails.  So, our weeks of skiing may be coming to an end...sigh.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:52 AM | Locked

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:54 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

so sorry about hives! Know you enjoy bible study so and hate to miss  it.  I am concerned about Jim, some improvement should be seen with antibiotics by now. He may need a different one or a second one in addition. That has to be so miserable for him!

try not to think about the future and worrying so much. If / when car dies then you can worry but now it gives you hives with no solutions. Accept only what you can change!  You are making yourself ill. Remember you tell me God has a plan. So give it to him to deal with. 

Your latest postcardis beautiful. Maybe you could sell them on etsy.com. You are allowed to make a certain amt of money. 

I wouldlike to place your first order..i would like 10 postcards for Easter..perhaps a spring idea with multicolored eggs. Let m  ow what hey would cost, can be the same or diferent. Would like pastels with some fresh green grass.

Nan

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,545
Points 51,280
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:14 PM | Locked

Max, the picture of your naked ladies is beautiful.  I have read about lilies that act as yours do, but guess I never knew what the name was.   I wonder if the deer would be fooled by them not blooming when the plant had leaves?  Probably not.  They ate everything in sight last year.  Even things they had never touched before.     Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,755
Points 38,915
ls2116 replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:28 PM | Locked

Lajuan I'm  told I'm the #1 worrier .  Does caladyll lotion help its over the counter and comes in clear. My sil one year had the most odd rash drs. thought hives, then an asian disease but at the end she connected where she was staying had freshly painted that was it for her the fumes made her breakout in hives since that discovery she stays away from all paint and has never had another episode.  Hope this helps.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,454
Points 176,418
Marie replied on Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:34 PM | Locked

CC, what a beautiful friendship rose!  Happy Valentine's day back to you and your family.  Except DD, have you wrung her neck yet?  :  )  Just joking HVD to her as well.

Millbury, MA

Page 9 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use