Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 5 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,095
Points 14,140
Dawn replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 1:17 PM | Locked

Congrats to you two for the new additions to your families!  So fun! 

My DD messaged me about 10 days ago and said I needed to take DGD3 for a bit, as she was going a little crazy!  So DH and I have had her since Sunday afternoon.  We have to give her back tomorrow, but it gave DD a break. 

We have had fun, went to watch her do gymnastics yesterday, made pizzas last night, went to Michaels and got some stuff to paint on.  We got home, had our snacks, then went to my sewing room and got started.  She painted a K for her name and then an 8x8 canvas.  She was in the middle of painting her K and stopped, looked at me and said, "I think I love you Grammy!"  Too cute!  I ironed some fabric and that kept me by her and she really had fun.  What is great is I let her use "real" paint, and she only got a little on her hands and nothing on anything else!  She will be 4 next month, so I think she did very well!  :-)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 2:21 PM | Locked

I sold my first quilt probably could've gotten 100. but asked 80. it was the one with heart appliques for size it was less than twin but larger than throw I think.  I'm just so excited I guess anything is possible!  I was so excited about I checked for sewing job in my area and sent an email for one.

Making dinner now and doing hospital run if DH is going.  I heard BIL was at hospital til midnight last night!

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 3:10 PM | Locked

Dawn:
My DD messaged me about 10 days ago and said I needed to take DGD3 for a bit, as she was going a little crazy! 

Color me jealous. Spout's been quite a handful this last couple of days and his Big sis is driving me up the wall. I wish I had a "grammy" to take them off my hands for a few days...

Sprout's screaming and biting my thigh so...off I go.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,378
Points 48,830
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:06 PM | Locked

Dawn, Your DGD's remark was so cute.  Yep,at 3 they are darling.  I babysat my 3 y/o DGGD acouple of times in the past couple of weeks  She wanted to stay overnight with me the first time, but Mom took her home.. the last time she was to stay overnight with me , she refused and would not eat either.  You never know what they will decide they just have to do.    Ginny 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,378
Points 48,830
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:07 PM | Locked

Congrats on your sale, Is  Doesn't that feel good?   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Points 1,005
barbjahay replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:16 PM | Locked

Today I am watching the snow come down, six inches so far, so I am home catching up on e-mails. I can remember the first few quilts I sold, I started by  going to local craft shows and taking orders. Then I started working at a quilt shop and made displays and custom orders. Now the quilt shop is gone, the owner has passed away and I stay busy doing machine quilting for a select few, make charity quilts and look at quilts on the internet when I need inspiration.   You never know where quilting will lead you in life. bj

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:02 PM | Locked

Just got back from hospital...  it looks like FIL leg has three fractures and they started ng tube also seen cardiologist and there are episodes of ventricular tachycardia arrythmia that the dr.says administering meds for it would make pt. condition worse.  FIL made statement that he thought he is at end and inearly burst into tears, but I told him he has to think positive because it will help the healing process.

All that aside I am glad I sold my first quilt today.  I told my DH that now I'm a professional quilter because I got paid for one.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 10:18 PM | Locked

Congratulations, Is!  What a great feeling!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:35 PM | Locked

ls2116:
I sold my first quilt probably could've gotten 100. but asked 80. it was the one with heart appliques for size it was less than twin but larger than throw I think.  I'm just so excited I guess anything is possible!

Congratulations Is. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 2:55 AM | Locked

Is, that is wonderful news  WTG. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:23 AM | Locked

ls2116:
I sold my first quilt
    Is            Awesome, good for you!!!    Susan

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

This certainly is boost for your self esteem. Way to go, Is.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

Now that DH got new car I'm window shopping for new machine I've been looking on ebay not sure what I want  probably not going over thousand but thats steep for me.  I have 1+, and creaive 7570 and rarely use embroidery what do you suggest.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,095
Points 14,140
Dawn replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 8:28 AM | Locked

Congrats on selling your first quilt Is!  That is wonderful!

CC, I am very glad to be able to help out my kids.  I could be working, outside the home, but like to be available for my kids.  I try to get the grands for at least one week a year.  The local ones we see a lot, so we rarely get them overnight.  It has been fun and hopefully helped DD get some time to relax. 

Today I get to get 2 small cavities filled.  yay.  They are kinda up front so the shots will be much more "fun".  NOT!    Then on to bowling.  It means no lunch, but then I can have ice cream to make up for not having lunch, right?  :-)  I have cut out snacks and portion sizes, hoping to drop at least 100 pounds. 

Everyone have an awesome day, supposed to be 45 here!  Yay!  Onwards!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 9:25 AM | Locked

IS good for you! I'm so glad you are able to sell your quilt!  Are you planning to sell more?

Angèle  from NWO

Page 5 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use