Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 4 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:14 PM | Locked

gini:
and i'm thinkin' that since i beat you to the bubbly, those longer legs haven't done you one bit of good.

Well my longer arms will enable me to grab the flutes of anyone not drinking before you can reach them.  

...AND since you are the owner's wife, we are like your guests, and the guests should come first!  You're going to have to be extra well behaved on this retreat.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

gini:
and i'm thinkin' that since i beat you to the bubbly, those longer legs haven't done you one bit of good.

Well my longer arms will enable me to grab the flutes of anyone not drinking before you can reach them.  

...AND since you are the owner's wife, we are like your guests, and the guests should come first!  You're going to have to be extra well behaved on this retreat.

poo!!!

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

gini:
poo!!

LOL

Does that mean I won this round?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 10:28 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

gini:

Nancy,

Gini extra well behaved i think there is a contradiction in that sentence.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,615
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:33 AM | Locked

Thank you , Marie.  I have confidence they will be fine too now that the baby is here.  The problem was in the beginning they didn't want to believe she was really in labor until she felt the urge to push and started vomiting, then they did a c-section within 10 minutes as she doesn't dialate and her last one was by c-section.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,615
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:39 AM | Locked

Thank you ,Is.  Hey, good work on showing pictures of your quilts and good luck selling one to her.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,615
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:42 AM | Locked

Thank you, Gini.  Can't wait to hold him.  He has curly auburn hair.  I wonder if it will stay.  His sister was born with jet black hair that is now long, blond and curly.   Hope he keeps the auburn.  It's like his mommy's.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,615
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:45 AM | Locked

Thanks, Marie  She was doing a lot better after the anesthesia wore off.  She was posting on facebook.  Still don't have name for certain.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:46 AM | Locked

Nancy, thanks for pointing me in the direction of the texture magic tute. That looks like fun. And Gini, the sound of the tree is another great idea using this stuff. Will have to get some soon. Great idea for post cards.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,615
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:47 AM | Locked

Thank you Joyce,  the quilt is already made, it is a teddy bear quilt.  My problem is no matter how I try, I can't get my pictures to post.   Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 14,486
Tammy replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 7:50 AM | Locked

Ginny,  I'm sorry your son can't use a prosthesis.  Must have been an awful time for you also when this happened.  Our son was 5 when he was diagnosed with a retinal blastoma contained inside his eye.  That week was just a blur.  Were told on a Friday,   were in Rochester , MN by Sunday,  tests all week and surgery on Good Friday .  All this was done at Mayo in Rochester---what a wonderful place!!!  But anyway, that was 19 years ago.  The tumor was malignant but he didn't have to have chemo or radiation as it was contained inside the eyeball.   Was hard for a few years but he eventually accepted it.    I always said, God has reasons for the things that happen,  we just don't know what they are sometimes. 

I hope all is going well for your family and that new bundle of love you've been given!!  Many blessings your way!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:10 AM | Locked

Congratulations grandma Ginny! Hope Mom and baby are doing well.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:17 AM | Locked

Tammy and Ginny, my niece has a prosthetic eye. She got poked in the eye with a knife when about 4. She never told what happened until it was too late to save the eye.  So after much pain, she got her eye and for about thirty years now, is very happy to have it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,500
Points 50,615
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 8:36 AM | Locked

Yes, I am sorry he can't also. He gave it a good try but developed an infection and then said this isn't worth it.  I am so happy to hear that your son's retinal blastoma was contained and no further treatment was needed.

I also have a cousin, who was a policeman, and was shot in the eye by an assailant he was chasing.  Now he did excellently with his prosthesis, but it ended his career as a policeman.  He is now a RN in a burn unit at a University Hospital.  Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Tue, Feb 12 2013 12:16 PM | Locked

Thanks Frances we did have some of our own Sunday night but it had all gone by the morning!!!

Choir practice last night was a bit intense seems we are singing Zulu in the Lion King medley and not Swahili!! however it's all Greek to me!!!!

It's very cold here but no snow although reports are it could be -10 degrees tomorrow! I started to quilt goddaughters quilt but it wasn't right so I have unpicked it all and will start again. Wondered if it would look better if I increase the stitch size any comments??

Page 4 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use